Udon Thani Immigration Office

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Immigraton Office

Post by wazza » September 19, 2009, 4:21 pm

Yes , Men in Comfortable Chairs, will make a huge difference.

To be honest I cant be stuffed going thru all this crap at the NK office, rather pay the $30 ?? US and go to Lao for 30 mins, for when my 90 days is up.

Its approx what 500 baht more expensive than the fees u pay for an extension ( i stand corrected )

Easlily recovered if you need to go back home for that " document " that has never been needed before but was this time etc.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 20, 2009, 3:18 pm

If Mr. Happy is the guy that sits by the windows in NK, he has always been nice to me and wife, in fact gave me his # a few years back.

Went to NK friday 18th to renew, don't bother getting a #, 3 or 4 people walk in after me, and got service, while dumb me sat there waiting for my # to be called. Pissed, got the attention of young girl, flashed my #, and finally got some service. Love it when people post that their renewal took 10 minutes, think they are smoking some good stuff, all I get is the grade C stuff.

Well, wish I had gotten Mr. Happy, but got the fat, no smile, down to business lady, she even forgot to give me my 100 baht change. They or she also had the girl make copies of some other pages from passport, I am sure they were not needed. Took one hour plus in total time. :-(

If Mr Happy lives in Udon, guess he will be running the Udon office here! :-) Will have to give him a call to find out where this place is, or is it just fiction.

Mainer
udonmap.com

Post by Mainer » September 20, 2009, 3:33 pm

RLTrader wrote: the fat, no smile, down to business lady,
She was the one that tried to sell me a watch this week. She had them stacked on her desk. I smiled and pointed to my new shiny Timex. She didn't return the smile, passed me back my passport (with new 90 day report notice) and pointed... toward the door.... meaning "go".

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 20, 2009, 3:55 pm

Is this not the lady that used to try to sell soap,and now,watches? I prefer to use the word 'rotund' to describe someones shape.
Never had a problem with the lady,maybe she thought I smelt a bit mouldy,dunno........ 8)

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 20, 2009, 4:02 pm

pompui wrote:Is this not the lady that used to try to sell soap,and now,watches? I prefer to use the word 'rotund' to describe someones shape.
Never had a problem with the lady,maybe she thought I smelt a bit mouldy,dunno........ 8)

Yes that's her, she's always pushing something. My last visit it was some kind of herbal or dietary supplement. Another visit before that was body or facial lotions.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 20, 2009, 4:11 pm

She should be pushing fast track visa services and cooperation , just like the local Tourist Police do , LOL

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » September 20, 2009, 6:03 pm

That's the one refused my retirement Visa coz she refused to let me explain the abbreviations on my bank book (transfer income every month)
Next day went to Korat imm office ,in and out in 45 minuted....done!
I know where i'd like to shove her special soap bars! :lol:
Mai mee tahng !

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 20, 2009, 6:59 pm

mortiboy wrote:That's the one refused my retirement Visa coz she refused to let me explain the abbreviations on my bank book (transfer income every month)
Next day went to Korat imm office ,in and out in 45 minuted....done!
I know where i'd like to shove her special soap bars! :lol:
That's very unusual, I thought she only did 90 day reports. On more than one occasion I have walked in with queue number in hand and waiting customers, but before I could sit down she would ask what I needed and I'd reply 90 day report and she would motion me over and take care of my business. Other times when actually waiting to be served, I noticed her either hocking her crap or gabbing on the phone.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 20, 2009, 8:18 pm

She handled our annual visas this past week......tried to sell some makeup as well, but the wife explained that her face was too sensitive to whiteners. Got the visa without the makeup. I rate her trying to deal makeup on the side the same way I rate the Bangkok Bank teller taking personal mobile phone calls in the middle of a transaction. Sigh.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » September 21, 2009, 10:29 am

A friend and I went to immigration for our annual extensions last Thursday. He got one worker, I got another, both women. He had to sign every piece of paper in his extension request, I didn't. We were both pressured to get retirement extensions rather than the marriage extensions we requested. Eventually the officers acquiesced and did the marriage extensions paperwork. We were given different dates to come back and see if Bangkok had approved the extensions.

The atmosphere in the office was not friendly. One officer told some people that they weren't allowed to talk in the waiting area. I think all the women were on the rag that day. Mr. Happy appeared so.

Oh, BTY, my wife asked about the Udon office opening soon. They had no idea when, but did respond that no officers from Nong Khai will be working in Udon. So, it looks like we'll have a new set of immigration officers.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 21, 2009, 1:10 pm

The Khon Kaen Immigration office is open.

lopburi3
udonmap.com

Post by lopburi3 » September 21, 2009, 2:14 pm

Open with no sign, or forms, or stamps from what I have read. But able to do a 90 day report if you have the form. I guess that is called a 'soft' opening. But at least it is progress.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 21, 2009, 2:51 pm

So, it looks like we'll have a new set of immigration officers

Good

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 21, 2009, 9:37 pm

don't hold your breath Lee mr happy has a nice new comfortable chair today when I went in did you buy it for him LOL i was told by the lady who handled my paper work I will have to report to U/T next visit which is December the old adage is you know what you got you have no idea what you will be getting so let keep those P.O. in our district

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 23, 2009, 6:10 am

Is he accepting food hampers or little brown envelopes with a card saying 'will miss you','thank you for all your help','good luck in your new chair' etc.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 23, 2009, 7:23 am

Khun Paul wrote:
So, it looks like we'll have a new set of immigration officers

Good
Yeah
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 30, 2009, 1:58 pm

Any news of this new state of the art office,anyone had to renew visa or do 90 day report. 8)

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » September 30, 2009, 3:43 pm

Beat me to it Pompui....same question I need a Re-entry permit and unsure whether Udon has opened or I need a trip to Nk

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » September 30, 2009, 4:11 pm

So Is the new office in Udonthani open for business yet?

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » October 1, 2009, 5:11 pm

I heard today that its closing in 2 months thats if it ever opens, and moving back to NK!!! But i cant reference that however someone probably can .

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”