Udon Thani Immigration Office

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » October 2, 2011, 10:37 am

bumper wrote:That's very true but that said on my lat extension they required both the embassy letter and the bank letter that is with bringing in 100K a month.
Bumper,
I'm going in this month for a Ret. extention. Could you clarify if I understand this correctly?

You had to provide both -
A current (as of this year) US Embassy letter stating over 800K income per year,
AND
A Thai bank letter stating you have over 800K in your account?

I ask because I have the embassy letter (which as you said, was sufficent last year) but I never keep anywhere near that much cash in Thailand. Just want to make sure I'm not going to have a problem BEFORE I go in. [-o<

UFF DA!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 2, 2011, 10:44 am

Jello wrote:
bumper wrote:That's very true but that said on my lat extension they required both the embassy letter and the bank letter that is with bringing in 100K a month.
Bumper,
I'm going in this month for a Ret. extention. Could you clarify if I understand this correctly?

A current (as of this year) US Embassy letter stating over 800K income per year,
AND

I ask because I have the embassy letter (which as you said, was sufficent last year) but I never keep anywhere near that much cash in Thailand. Just want to make sure I'm not going to have a problem BEFORE I go in. [-o<
Jello, I just did my retirement extension in mid August and I produced only the Income Letter from the US Embassy demonstrating monthly income that totaled over 800,000 Baht per annum. In and out in 15 minutes without a hitch.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » October 2, 2011, 10:50 am

Thanks Semper!
UFF DA!

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 2, 2011, 12:11 pm

Jello wrote:
Bumper,

AND

Yes, check the week before and see what the flavor of the week is. You don't have to have 800 K in the bank but you have to show you brought in 65 K a month. Never tried the combination route.

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » October 2, 2011, 2:27 pm

Did my retirement visa end of August.

I had the embassy income report form (and photos of the house; copies of blue book and marriage cert, etc.) which I filled in the blanks and swore to, but nothing from any bank.

I was in and out in 20 minutes, no hassles.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 2, 2011, 3:48 pm

sounds like things are easier now. You don't need to keep 800K in a bank here, you just have to prove you bring in 65K per month might be why they asked for both from me. I suggest going by a week before and ask what they want. Safest thing to do I always ask at the last 90 day report. It's only once a year, really no big deal about what they want, just go with the flow and you will have no problem.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » October 4, 2011, 12:54 pm

I agree calling or stopping by a few days in advance helps loads. My last visit went very smoothly after having done that. The wife recently called to confirm what I need for my 90 day (marriage), and was told just bring my passport, myself, and my son (he is quite popular!). Still bringing all the leftover docs from last visit just in case...
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » October 5, 2011, 3:47 am

Did my 90 day report on Monday.got there just before 8.30 and already a couple of farang in the office,so they are sometimes ready to start work and open the doors before the official 8.30 time. Also as the normal bloke was not ready to do the 90 dayers on the left hand side,was beckoned over to the man on the far right,one of 3 officers who normally only deal with the main visa extensions.
Just one annoying thing they do is always decide to look back through the whole of my passbook looking for something to stand out as wrong.He did put an extra little stamp in my passbook near my last Visa extension but when politlely asked what that was all about,it was a stamp specifying what my visa is 'married to a Thai'.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » October 14, 2011, 3:04 pm

Udon Imm. Office Report-
Extended my non-O retirement Visa today. In at 10:00, out by 10:20.
Brought the completed TM7, photo, map to my house, income affidavit fron the US embassy,
passport, copy of all passport pages and 1900 baht. No problems.

This is my third extension. After I got home I noticed that this time she wrote 1st, 2nd and 3rd next to each of the extension stamps in my passport. Is there a limit to how many extensions you can have?

Also, for the last 3 extensions, the stamps are identical with the following:
blue box stamp "application of stay permitted up to...",
red stamp on top "retirement",
red date stamp in box (Date it expires next year).

Except this year she put a red stamp at the bottom that says "re-entry visa".
Anyone know what thats about?
UFF DA!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 14, 2011, 4:12 pm

Jello wrote: Is there a limit to how many extensions you can have?
No
Jello wrote: Except this year she put a red stamp at the bottom that says "re-entry visa".
Anyone know what thats about?
Strange?? She may have made a mistake! Worth inquiring about at your next 90 day or other visit.

Speaking of 90 day reports just want to confirm the sending the report by EMS to this office works a treat, had my receipt back in 5 days.

Filled in form
Photocopy of the front page of my passport also containing a copy of my last report receipt.
Photocopy of my current visa with the TM7 card.
Stamped self addressed envelope (10 Baht Stamp)

EMS charge = 37 Baht

EASY saved me a 180 Km round trip.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 14, 2011, 4:28 pm

Oh! Just want to add:-

I was expecting to see the renewal date 90 days from the time of processing which would have placed it about 10 days prior to the expiry date of my Retirement extension but they stamped the renewal to the same day it expires. Bless em!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » October 19, 2011, 7:59 pm

Went in to Udon Immigration to extend my stay based on retirement. I qualify on the basis of 800K in the bank for three months prior to applying for an extension. The officer had a puzzled expression on her face as she looked through my bank book, then she told me to get an extra letter next year, two or three months before I renew, in addition to the bank letter that I get on the day I apply.

It might be just the way that Krung Thai bank books are updated; I really don't know, just thought I would pass it along as grist for the rumor mill.

One thing that was a little bit disturbing was at the end of the process, total fees due was 2900 baht (extension + single re-entry permit), and I handed her 3,000. She asked "100 baht for copies ok?" She had copied some pages in my passport earlier, and I am not one to say "no" to an immigration officer's request, so I said "sure", and collected my stuff and left, all set for another year in Udon.

Other than the little wrinkle with the bank letters (actually not a problem this year, she was very nice) and the 100 baht for the copies, it was a typical pleasant Udon Immigration experience.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 2, 2011, 5:28 am

Was at immigration yesterday to extend based on retirement. I had absolutely the most hassle free, no BS experience and in & out in 15min. Big improvement from my past experience when immigration was located at the airport. Hope they keep it up [-o<

marshbags
udonmap.com

Post by marshbags » November 2, 2011, 8:35 am

Thanks for posting a positive and immediate feedback papaguido,

This fits in with all my previous experiences with the present office and long may it continue.

Hopefully applicants will continue to encourage this approach along with allowing a little hastle now and then.

As with all governmental dept. we have to remember this is Thailand and not our respective home countries and be sympathetic to how they have been taught to do things here over long periods of time.

Incidently, I,ve just had my first payment of interest on the 800k investment I put my funds in ( and reported on when doing so on the forum.)

It has already realised well above what I have been getting over the last few years in my current account.

I will once again on renewing my next 90 day report ask the O.I.Charge if he,s not busy on an interview like last time to check it is acceptable and qualifies account wise when renewing my next 1 year ret. visa.

If not, no problem, I,ll just transfer it back 3 months prior to the time I need to get it done.

Good to hear of your renewal, thanks again pg =D>

marshbags ;)

P.S.

What paperwork did they require for anyone who is due a visit at this time please.

cheers

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 2, 2011, 10:32 am

I presented the following:

Form TM-7 (Extension of Temporary Stay) w/photo
Copy of passport (info/data page, all pages with entry stamps/visas & ARR/DEP card).
Income letter from Embassy (original, not a copy).
Copy of savings passbook (used monthly income).
Copy of my yellow book
Signed copy of wife's blue book & national ID.
Copy of Marriage Certificate.
1,900bt fee.

Nothing else was requested or questioned.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 2, 2011, 1:41 pm

papaguido wrote:I presented the following:

Form TM-7 (Extension of Temporary Stay) w/photo
Copy of passport (info/data page, all pages with entry stamps/visas & ARR/DEP card).
Income letter from Embassy (original, not a copy).
Copy of savings passbook (used monthly income).
Copy of my yellow book
Signed copy of wife's blue book & national ID.
Copy of Marriage Certificate.
1,900bt fee.

Nothing else was requested or questioned.
Forgot to list, but I also provided a hand drawn map from UI to my house.

Kikkiam

Post by Kikkiam » March 3, 2012, 4:23 am

Open :Monday - Friday 08:30–16:30
Closed for Lunch :12:00–13:00
Closed Saturday ,Sunday and Public Holidays

Is this correct? My tourist visa expires 01.04, which is on a sunday.

According to this information I got to go there friday 30.03.
Will I then get 30 days past 01.04?

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » March 3, 2012, 5:07 am

If you arrive Monday, you get 30 days from Monday and no overstay because the office was closed on the day your visa expired. If you go on Friday, you get 30 days from Friday.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » March 3, 2012, 11:30 am

For you rookies the process can be a breeze but for a newbie there can be many snags along the way. Sometimes two people can go into the office and come out with different info. My friend has an "O" visa but needs to go to Laos every 90 days to renew it. The only around this is to go back to UK and request a 1 year visa.

Here is some of the information for visa extension in case of foreign husband with Thai national wife, as of the 3rd Dec. 2008. Pamphlet available at IO
Be advised to bring original and two copies of each document below, though if it's a letter to the IO the original document plus one copy.
1 T.M. 7
2 Photo copies of passport or travel document (Complete with copy of all pages that have anything to do with the current visa, re-entry visas, arrival stamps and current TM 6 slip etc.)
3 Valid visa, category Non-immigrant "O" or"B" (This Visa can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy or consulate outside the Kingdom of Thailand)
4 In case of working, the average income of the husband must be not less than 40,000 Thai Baht. If the husband works he must have a Work Permit, Income Tax papers from previous year (พงด 1, 91, 94) or have ฿4000,000 up to husband . \:D/
5 Or in the case receiving pension. 8) Applicant must provide evidence of a monthly pension with a minimum of ฿40,000. Evidence must include a letter of certification issued by the Embassy/Consulate of which applicant holds citizenship (E/C stamp needs to be verified by Thai MOFA Consular Department Chang Wattana Road BKK) and husband must show money exist in Thai bank ฿4000,000 before 2 months (Evidence and letters etc. accepted in English and/ or Thai only, all other languages must be translated and verified)
6 The bank must issue a letter of verification (Bank Statement) Stating the current balance of the savings deposit account (Bank Statement should be made the same as application of visa extension is submitted) Copies of all pages of savings deposit account pass book ( Note: money must be in Thai bank before 2 months)
7 Marriage Certificate
8Wife ID Card and House Registration
9 2 photos 4 x 6 cm Full face within past 6 months
10 Birth certificate of children (if applicable)
Application fee ฿1,900
12 house map
13 House photo, photo of spouse in bedroom, photo in living room (Wrong They want photos of both of you in the living room in the bedroom and outside
14 And any other document the IO wants
Good luck

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » March 6, 2012, 1:02 pm

In January, I dropped by immigration and the intern there confirmed 400k needed to be deposited 2 months in advance of renewal. Recently, I dropped by and the lady officer who actually handles renewals stated emphatically the intern (and everything I've read) was wrong. SHE says the loot must be there 2 months in advance for the FIRST time, then 3 months in advance for each subsequent renewal. To underscore her correctness, she gave me a handout printed in Thai and English. I scanned it and pointed to where it said 2 months in Thai and English after which she repeated (having proven HERSELF wrong), "Well, that is for the first time. It's 3 months for renewals."

So, I politely left it at that, thanked her for her time, and left. WTH? She had already attracted attention to herself and going toe-to-toe would have surely embarrassed her. Mr. Happy (I think is the nickname the Board has given him) was trying to be helpful, but did not want to confront her about it. He's been great in the past and knows its 2 months. Anyone ever successfully bypass the lady and insisted he help instead? I'm thinking of doing just that when I actually have to do it.

ANOTHER QUESTION:

Instead of doing the 400k renewal, I would rather do the 40k/month renewal. I can get the affidavit from the embassy and I can show in excess of 40k monthly transfers (from my US account). I have a B visa (hey, I dunno how, but that is what they gave me :)). I occassionally "do remote consulting work via the Internet/phone through my US entity" - no work related to Thailand or Thai companies whatsoever. I "login to a remote server desktop and do stuff". So, with all that in mind, would Immigration consider me to be working in Thailand and thus require a work permit and taxes OR would they consider me to NOT be working in Thailand and the work permit and taxes would not matter?

Knowledgeable responses are appreciated.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”