Udon Thani Immigration Office

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 7, 2011, 11:32 am

If you use the combination method for extension based on retirement it is my understanding that the overall total has to equal 800k baht or over.
eg.if your monthly income letter is 50k baht then your bank statement must show 200k baht minimum to get the visa......thats the monthly income 50k x 12 = 600k + 200k in the bank = 800k.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 7, 2011, 11:45 am

Zidane wrote:If you use the combination method for extension based on retirement it is my understanding that the overall total has to equal 800k baht or over.
eg.if your monthly income letter is 50k baht then your bank statement must show 200k baht minimum to get the visa......thats the monthly income 50k x 12 = 600k + 200k in the bank = 800k.
That is also my understanding but various officers have introduced a sort of question time of their own, regarding the length of time and from where the deposit originated .TIT
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 25, 2011, 6:23 pm

When I first came to Thailand I had a couple of unhappy experiences with the Nong Khai Immigration office. (There was not an Udon one at that time). I found them unhelpful, ready to create a new 'rule' at the drop of a hat & a group that almost seemed to take a delight in refusing requests.
So I decided to make my time in Thailand as Immigration free as possible - to the extent that I have not had to visit an office in over 6 years.
I am due to go back to the UK mid May & my visa was expiring. Usually I would just cross the Bridge & problem over, but as everything written about the Udon office seemed positive I thought I may as well give them a try.
Cost wise there would be very little in it, but maybe some gains for me time wise.

I must say that I was pleasantly pleased with my experiences at the Udon Office.
Helpful, quick & pretty efficient not a lot more to ask for really. In & out in half an hour, so a considerable time saving on a crossing. All in all a not unpleasant experience at all..I am not sure what human rights' organisations would make of the schoolgirls manning the 'front desk', but I found them helpful..

The one thing that I did notice... On my last trip to NK the only Asians in the place were wives/girl friends of the Falang queuing. In Udon their were only 3 Falang, all on their own & the majority of the customers were actually Asian.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 29, 2011, 2:00 pm

Got my one year extension today. I was first one there and only took about 20 minutes, but there were a couple of new twists that I did not experience last year. I have a yellow book for proof of address (wife's house) and was told okay this time but next year to bring my wife's blue house book also. Also had to show bank account even though I had affidavit from embassy showing income well in excess of required 65000 Baht per month. They also wanted a copy of every page of my passport as opposed to what I would call relavent pages. I guess you never know what they will ask for from one time to the next, so best go with more than you need. Still, a painless experience and the lady was very friendly.

wfoster
udonmap.com

Post by wfoster » April 29, 2011, 10:24 pm

My retirement visa was up for renewal in 2 weeks and I was on holiday in Chiang Mai. I decided to try to get my extension there. I presented my proof of income that I "bought" at the US embassy and listed the guest house where I was staying as my address. The officer requested a rental agreement or receipt but all I had was the key to the room. I ask the officer if my friend, who drove me to the immigration office, could say that I live with her. Reply, yes if she can show me her Thai ID. 5 minutes later, 10 after my number was called, I was out the door. She made copies of the passport pages that I did not have. No fuss... No map!

Jello
udonmap.com

Witness for Marriage Visa Extension? - Udon Immigration Offi

Post by Jello » May 25, 2011, 10:42 am

A falang neighbor asked my wife to be a witness for his Marriage Visa Extension. Is this a current requirement?

I didn't know since I always go the retirement visa route, less paperwork and hassle.

We've only lived by him for 6 months and don't know this guy very well. I assume she will only need to state that she knows that he is living in the house with his wife?

(sorry if this has already been covered, I didn't read all 35 pages of this post!)

phen
udonmap.com

Post by phen » May 25, 2011, 10:58 am

It is the current requirement for a marriage visa extension.

The witness has to take his/her ID card and family book.
Off course from everything two copies.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 25, 2011, 11:04 am

Thanks Phen.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » June 7, 2011, 12:06 pm

Painfree experience renewing my marriage visa today,dealt with by the littleboss,the big boss still the same as per last year but the other immigration staff all new to me,everyone being spoken to courteous,arrived 8.15am but was allowed in to sit down even though 8.30am is official opening time. 8)
Still come across farang who walk in and just sit down,so my only good deed for today was to pass him the next queue number plastic ticket.Remember to collect the ticket on the left as you walk in,blue in colour :D

Bread Man
udonmap.com

Post by Bread Man » June 7, 2011, 12:36 pm

Agreed, got our marriage renewal yesterday and waited a month for the paperwork to be agreed. Very nice, helpful people to deal with. Well done to all the staff at Udon Immigration Office a pleasure. :D

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 8, 2011, 8:21 am

pompui wrote:Painfree experience renewing my marriage visa today,dealt with by the littleboss,the big boss still the same as per last year but the other immigration staff all new to me,everyone being spoken to courteous,arrived 8.15am but was allowed in to sit down even though 8.30am is official opening time. 8)
Still come across farang who walk in and just sit down,so my only good deed for today was to pass him the next queue number plastic ticket.Remember to collect the ticket on the left as you walk in,blue in colour :D
That's strange Pompui. I got there at bang on 9, my queue ticket was number 2, no one waiting ,just two empty desks, was beckoned over to the middle one, a very nice lady, second in command , I understand. Told her this year I want marriage extension and gave her all the documents .She then proceeded to check them, as usual, I had forgotten some copies, so no problem, she made them and gave me to sign. Every thing seemed to be going well but got a lot of hints that I could get a retirement visa quicker, from both her and the guy at the next desk .Interesting to note she converted my pension letter from pounds to baht by using the cash exchange rate on her computer, then asked my wife if I had a bank book with just a little money in, she could give me retirement visa straight away . My wife having been forewarned by me told her no thanks he really wants a marriage one for something back home .Then came the question and answer session including the names of my mother and father, which she had a problem with the spelling of ,so my wife voluntarily gave her my yellow book, which of course has them in .She copied it, so all though it wasn't asked for, it came in handy .Next it was the turn of my witness. It didn't get off to a good start when the officer noted her ID card was two days out of date .No problem though, just get a new one and pop a copy in tomorrow . :shock: That illustrated the whole operation for me, a helpful attitude, accompanied by a genuine friendliness from everyone including the boss who came from his office for a chat .Took one hour, job done , come back in a months time for approval .I must say its a big 10/10 for them all . Anyone with the correct documentation will have no problem getting the annual renewal in the future . \:D/

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » June 8, 2011, 11:19 am

Because we were so early,ended up being number 1,about 3 or 4 non Thais came in before you Trubrit and were all handled well and quickly.Left before you had finished.Because my lady officer had dealt with my immigration letter for Bangkok concerning a car import a few weeks back I could see the time came when to pay.Had 1900 baht ready to hand over but a pleasant smile from her and a hint meant 2000 baht and 100 baht for presumably the Immigration Appreciation Society :D
Sounds like they do not like the extra paperwork for a Marriage Visa and everyone who qualifies for a Retirement should choose that option.
PS useless info.... helped farang who was number 6 on the queueing ticket system :shock:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 8, 2011, 11:53 am

pompui wrote:Had 1900 baht ready to hand over but a pleasant smile from her and a hint meant 2000 baht and 100 baht for presumably the Immigration Appreciation Society :D
Sounds like they do not like the extra paperwork for a Marriage Visa and everyone who qualifies for a Retirement should choose that option.
Missed you then. I proffered the correct money but was asked if I didn't want to pay for the copying . :lol:
On the retirement visa. I did wonder if it was because of the extra work or were they trying to be helpful, suggesting it was easier for me to get .The boss man actually said " You could have been out here by now" So maybe a bit of both . :roll:

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » June 26, 2011, 7:59 am

Went to UT immigration on June 9 for 90 day check-in. My retirement visa was up for renewal July 7 but my wife asked if we could do it early and, since requirements seem to change every year, which documents would be needed this time. The lady on the far right up front told us yes, up to one month early would be fine with no lost time and so we returned the next day. We brought my yellow book, her blue book, fresh embassy letter + one copy of each. No bank letter needed. Also passport and one photo and one copy ea. of the following: passport face page, original "O-A" visa from the States from 7 yrs. ago, last year's visa stamp, departure card. This was after lunch on a Friday with no other customers. In and out in less than 30 min.
While they were processing the visa my wife gained some insights from the lady sargent about immigration and visas. This is probably old news but she was told they would rather do a retirement visa than a marriage visa (less work).The number of immigration offices country wide has increased in the past two years(more farangs). Also something about the way some of us dress, smell and act when visiting immigration(loud talking and lots of exagerated hand gesturing) is a huge turn-off for them (hope it wasn't me). Same old advice from the sarge: proper paperwork, grooming, behavior = smoother visa service.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 26, 2011, 9:32 am

ezrider wrote:........... (loud talking and lots of exagerated hand gesturing) is a huge turn-off for them (hope it wasn't me). Same old advice from the sarge: proper paperwork, grooming, behavior = smoother visa service.
Excellent advice and I don't want to be finger pointing but some of our European and Scantinavan friends might want to take this on board.

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Post by maxeboy » June 26, 2011, 9:58 am

Scandinavians are Europeans!

Kind regards from maxeboy

Gullible2011

Re: Udon Thani Immigration Office

Post by Gullible2011 » July 10, 2011, 10:01 am

( Gullible2011)
Hi, Can you tell me if you need to get a witness to verify that they know you and that they have seen us living together in the house,and that this witness has to go to the immigration office to sign a paper to this effect? and also, what difference does it make if you happen to have a yellow book of the house where you live with your wife?
kopkei wrote:went to immigration to extend marriage visa ( support thai wife )
maybe boring for some but i will make a detail of what i took
2 kopies of : complete passport,( only stamped pages), arrival card , id card wife, homebook , marriage certificate ,
bankbook ( on your name only, money + 400.000 bath there 2 months before application ) , id card witness, homebook witness...
than , 2 bank statements ( what new is here ? the statement must be dated same day extension, stating the amount on your account mentioning separate end balance of the last 3 months, in my case was , dec + 400.000, jan +400.000, feb + 400.000) as i did only have same last year had to go back to bank and change...
2 tm 7 forms and 2 photo
than we get the picture thing, what you need in double , 1 photo in front of the house ( i have), 1 photo in the living room ( i have ) , and yes 1 picture in the bedroom ,( did not have , but they accepted my pictures for this year stating change 1 next year ) , all printed on photo paper , they not except regular paper ( as i did last year )
2 self drawn plan to your home,
what i must say immigration udon was very friendly and help full ,let's hope this stay's this way.. ( in a way , they are also slave of the system, and must enforce this system whether they like it or not ...)
payed my 1.900 bath fee and of we went....
i hope this helps out other applicants...,good luck to all... ;)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 10, 2011, 11:06 am

Gullible2011

My suggestion is just go with the flow, go to them and ask them what they want make a list. Don't argue with them, probably the most important. They could be horrible people in the end they own the stamps. It's only once a year

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » July 10, 2011, 12:02 pm

@Gullible2011

Bringing a witness is not unusual. I had to bring the village boss' wife along with photocopies of his ID. Yellow book only says you are seriously going to remain at that location (IMHO).

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 10, 2011, 1:54 pm

The yellow book is underestimated by u KD. I have just used mine to apply for a mortgage with my company here in thailand and the UOB. Manager says they is the highest u can have in ur profile assessment for approval.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”