Udon Thani Immigration Office

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
bigsnake
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by bigsnake » October 2, 2009, 7:47 am

:D Yes, folks Udon Immigration is now up and running at the Udon International Airport(old Airport Building) right beside the new Airport building, Thai Flag Pole in front/next to control tower. I spoke to the Udon Immigration Office, he said they would be open Monday-Friday 0800(8am) until 1600(4pm) daily. =D> =D> Check it out. I spoke with him yesterday, 1 Oct 09, 1pm.

mak
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration

Post by mak » October 2, 2009, 8:14 am

Life is good. All good things come to those who wait.

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » October 2, 2009, 11:35 am

I just returned home from visiting the Immigration Office at the Airport. I did my 90 Day Report in about 5 minutes.

The two officials there were very friendly. Furniture is still being moved in and I didn't see any file cabinets of records so I am not sure how much they are able to do at the moment.

One man said that they would be 100% up and running in a month.

I can attest to them being able to handle 90 Day Reporting now.

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 2, 2009, 11:43 am

Was Mr. Happy there?

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » October 2, 2009, 11:46 am

These were new people that I had not seen before in Nong Khai during the past year

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Immigraton Office

Post by Khun Paul » October 2, 2009, 2:15 pm

thats good news, is anyone up to speed on what they will be able to deal with, I am aware that it is also the intention to resume international flights, but for us expats who require Visa renewals will that be dealt with at Udon or will the trip to NK still be needed for that once a year stress day.

SPECTRE4955

Post by SPECTRE4955 » October 2, 2009, 3:17 pm

Let hope they can do it all and we can stay in Udon

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 2, 2009, 3:36 pm

Good to see they have finally settled the location problem and we finally have the threads merged. Please not start another, there were 3 at one stage.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 2, 2009, 4:41 pm

I think Allen there today, these guys were friendly. It' located in the old terminal at the far end near the outside returant area.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » October 2, 2009, 4:42 pm

As per Alans post, I went for re-entry permit, cannot do for 2 weeks same for extension (they didnt appear sure of the timescale, so worth checking) but can do 90 day reports. Friendly, and no old faces!!
Just follow along the front of the terminal buildings, the office is at the end, last door.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » October 3, 2009, 12:50 pm

bigsnake wrote:Yes, folks Udon Immigration is now up and running at the Udon International Airport(old Airport Building) right beside the new Airport building, Thai Flag Pole in front/next to control tower. I spoke to the Udon Immigration Office, he said they would be open Monday-Friday 0800(8am) until 1600(4pm) daily. =D> =D> Check it out. I spoke with him yesterday, 1 Oct 09, 1pm.
Wow :shock: ! I'm impressed. A government office in Udon actually at a convenient location with parking \:D/ .

And when you are finished with your immigration business, you can walk over to the new terminal and celebrate with a chili dog from Dairy Queen. :D

laphanphon

Re: Udon Thani Immigration Office

Post by laphanphon » October 3, 2009, 1:07 pm

with a chili dog from Dairy Queen
will small wonders never cease, and free wifi at new airport. 8) though i will actually miss going to nong khai, my bailey's run. :shock: 8)

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » October 3, 2009, 1:18 pm

seymourbutts wrote:I heard today that its closing in 2 months thats if it ever opens, and moving back to NK!!! But i cant reference that however someone probably can .
Seymour don't you realize that rumours cause more confusion than most posts in this forum. If you have nothing positive to say then I suggest you leave the site :roll:

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 3, 2009, 2:09 pm

Seymour is proving himself to be a real icon on this forum. :confused:
Keep up the good work, maybe you can force this thread to be closed also.

Mainer
udonmap.com

Post by Mainer » October 3, 2009, 2:11 pm

lepidoptra wrote:
seymourbutts wrote:I heard today that its closing in 2 months thats if it ever opens, and moving back to NK!!! But i cant reference that however someone probably can .
Seymour don't you realize that rumours cause more confusion than most posts in this forum. If you have nothing positive to say then I suggest you leave the site :roll:
Whenever we hear things such as "I heard" or "someone told me", always ask the source. Ask 'Who told you that'? If the answer does not contain a name, it is probably useless to believe it. Otherwise it can cause lots of problems with false rumors spreading. On a forum, this is especially true, because there are so many people who read this and take it for the truth.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 3, 2009, 2:42 pm

well, i would think that was an obviously useless rumor, go to all that hassle to open office for only 2 months, don't think they are that stupid, even here. need to read between them lines or just ignore the obvious, good for the stress level :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » October 3, 2009, 2:51 pm

Seems like all of a sudden we have a lot of wannabe mods on here. And most of them have rarely contributed anything useful to the forum. Where is all this righteous indignation on other threads rife with rumor and speculation? Most notably the "missing property manager" thread. Haven't seen any complaints on that one.

The man stated that he had heard a rumor, stated that it was not verified, and asked for verification to prove or disprove. What's wrong with that?

Note to Mods: What happened to the prohibition about personal attacks? Or does that only apply to certain people?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 3, 2009, 3:13 pm

jimboLV wrote:Seems like all of a sudden we have a lot of wannabe mods on here. .........
Amazing how the newbies can't read between the lines and figure when we are taking the piss or putting each other back into line. What ever cranks your tractor Jim.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 3, 2009, 3:20 pm

jimboLV wrote:Seems like all of a sudden we have a lot of wannabe mods on here.
Note to Mods: What happened to the prohibition about personal attacks? Or does that only apply to certain people?
The method of highlighting what anyone believes is a breach of rules is quite clear in the forum rules.
Click on the red "Image" button on the offending post & then say how you believe it offends the forum rules. Any of the Moderators on line (or Admin) will be altered by this & read the report.
Otherwise PM any of the Mods (or Admin) with a clear expression of the problem...

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » October 3, 2009, 5:07 pm

jingjai wrote:Wow :shock: ! I'm impressed. A government office in Udon actually at a convenient location with parking \:D/ . And when you are finished with your immigration business, you can walk over to the new terminal and celebrate with a chili dog from Dairy Queen. :D
Yes indeed, good location. Once finished with your application You might alternatively use the Thai Massage Place inside the new terminal building. Also good for bridging longer times should there be ever longer queues.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”