Thai wife and kids to UK .

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 26, 2012, 7:21 am

Looks like the latest proposal will mean the end, for most anyway, of taking their Thai spouse and kids back to the UK.
A minimum income of 25,700 is needed before she can go . Rising to 37,000 with one kid, 49,000, two and 62,600 for three.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... visas.html
I reiterate at this stage it is only a proposal .Not yet law .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 26, 2012, 10:25 am

This will be an interesting development.

Given the UK's special position within Europe, I don't know if its legislation can be affected in the same way as the laws of the rest of Europe can. If it can, and the proposal becomes law, the Brits will have a hard time holding it up if it is appealed in Strasbourg.

The European Court of Justice has recently squashed a Dutch law, requiring applicants who want to bring in their foreign spouses/family members, to earn at least 120% of the minimum wage.

The Court found that “the margin for manoeuvre which the Member States are recognised as having must not be used by them in a manner which would undermine the objective of the Directive, which is to promote family reunification.”

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » March 26, 2012, 2:09 pm

trubrit wrote:the latest proposal :
A minimum income of 25,700 is needed before she can go ....
After arrival he lost his job and accept another job with less salary :D :D :lol: :lol: :-"
Asiaphile wrote:The European Court of Justice has recently squashed a Dutch law, requiring applicants who want to bring in their foreign spouses/family members, to earn at least 120% of the minimum wage.
=D> =D> =D>

Although its nowadays very hard to arrange the Dutch staying-permit (visa) for your thai gfr/wife depending on the
situation of her Dutch partner and the necessity to past the diffcult intergration courses one of UM-member recently
succeeded, right Jorg??? With your (academic)salary the requirements of income was no problem....hehehehe ;)

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 26, 2012, 11:49 pm

trubrit wrote:A minimum income of 25,700 is needed before she can go . Rising to 37,000 with one kid, 49,000, two and 62,600 for three.
Do I need to be there? If not, good idea in OT's opinion. My kids are useless at English.

OT.................... \:D/

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » March 28, 2012, 12:11 pm

harmonyudon wrote:Although its nowadays very hard to arrange the Dutch staying-permit (visa) for your thai gfr/wife depending on the situation of her Dutch partner and the necessity to past the diffcult intergration courses one of UM-member recently succeeded, right Jorg??? With your (academic)salary the requirements of income was no problem....hehehehe ;)
Hi George, yes that is true. It wasn't easy to let her come to Holland, but also not very difficult. Taking a test on the Dutch embassy in BKK was a requirement (she went to a small school in Udon to prepare for that), next to that a lot of paperwork and paying a lot of fees (i think € 350 for the test in BKK, and now € 1.250 for the application - i paid less - and € 300,00 for the permit). But if you do all the paperwork correctly and your income is high enough (but yes, the 120% requirement was overruled in court) there shouldn't be a problem.

Jörg

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » March 28, 2012, 1:29 pm

Jorg,

Your gfr is an smart intellegent well educated (cute)lady, which i've forgotton to mention
b4....otherwise it's more difficult or nearly impossible

Congratulations.....and I hope she likes Holland!!! :D

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”