Non-Immigrant "O" by marriage extension Kor Ro Song documen

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » May 31, 2013, 1:45 pm

The wife asked immgration yesterday regarding how long the 400,000baht for the 1year marriage ext had to be in a thai bank the lady said 3months before you apply,i always thought it was 2,maybe i am wrong?

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » May 31, 2013, 3:03 pm

The rules are 2 months for first extension, then next years it is 3 months.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 31, 2013, 3:22 pm

mr passout wrote:The wife asked immgration yesterday regarding how long the 400,000baht for the 1year marriage ext had to be in a thai bank the lady said 3months before you apply,i always thought it was 2,maybe i am wrong?
By the immigration order 2mos is correct...

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/do ... 551_en.pdf

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » June 7, 2013, 5:57 am

1 hour and new extension based on marriage,final time,thank Buddha,immigration officer 2nd from left not seen before dealt with me this time and a few new faces,even a katoey university student helping with initial enquiries on the left,good for security as well :shock:
Usual delay from farang who have not filled out applications properly :roll: ,not taken photographs :roll: ,did not realise TW has to be present for application :roll:
Only regular face seen is the 90 day extension officer,he is always a laff :shock: :lol:

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » September 6, 2013, 3:37 pm

When preparing the documents I needed I found some news about needing a fresh copy of this and then also found this thread. Just FYI: my original from 2010 was fine today; I didn't need a fresh one.

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » December 17, 2013, 1:45 pm

This week i am hoping to get a 12 month imm o extension based on marraige. Read this post and decided to go to phen office at 8am , a round trip of 60kms to get this kor ro song or kor ro 2 document.
Got there on my motorbike bloody frozen , waited a few hours . Had to get 2 people to sign for me to receive the document. Lucky my wife knew some people working there.
Got the documents but not kor ro 2 but kor ro 22 which i already had at home .; A wasted uncomfortable trip due to partially innaccurate info again. The officer told me the kor ro 2 is for people married in thailand and the kor ro 22 is for people married outside thailand. She just printed it out off a website and then stamped it.
I had kor ro 22 years ago ,thought kor ro 2 was
a different document
ww

udonman
udonmap.com

Post by udonman » December 17, 2013, 3:20 pm

That's interesting! Does one still have to go to the office where they were married?
I would also be bringing this to the attention of the immigration.
Let us know how you get on when you go and apply for your extension of stay..

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » December 18, 2013, 9:45 am

udonman wrote:That's interesting! Does one still have to go to the office where they were married?
I would also be bringing this to the attention of the immigration.
Let us know how you get on when you go and apply for your extension of stay..
I think immigration know . When i went a few weeks ago for a docs check and she kept telling me to get document 22 . After telling her i did not understand about 5 times i thought i had better shut up. Had no idea what she wanted but obviously she had seen my uk marraige certificate and knew i needed kor ro 22 which was not in the docs .
Do not know if you have to go to the office you were married at . She downloaded the kor ro 22 with all my details off the internet which they could do from any office and then it was just a matter of the stamp and signature.
I am going to apply for my visa on friday .
Went to immigration to have my docs checked again ( except my bank details which i have to do on friday ) and all was ok except my photos which i thought were very good . Was told i needed panoramic photos showing the whole rooms ?? Should be fun trying to do those today .
ww

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » December 22, 2013, 7:31 am

last Thursday i went for final docs check and the old Thai guy by the door said my photos were no good as they had to be panoramic and they would not accept Google maps to my house. I went home and took some more photos and put them on my pen drive and drew a map.
On Friday i got to the office at 1305 . The lady who seen me was the one who wanted 500 baht tip for a 60 day extension last time i went there and when i would not pay she would not give me a visa so i was a little apprehensive.
No problems , she accepted the photos and the Google maps which the old guy said were no good.Not much point in having your docs checked unless you see the officer who is going to deal with you on the day as even in the same office they have different rules.
Was out of there in 30 mins. paid the cost of the visa which she told me was 2000 baht.
My witness was a school headteacher who read the whole document she had to sign and was not to happy when she read that if she signed she was responsible for my behaviour ??? If i do something wrong does she get arrested?
A few tips most people have omitted for some reason . Every page of every document has to be signed. If there is writing on the back that has to be signed to, and your wife has to sign hers If you sign the docs at the bottom of the pages before you go they will stamp the sign box on your signature . I think i had to sign over 30 pages. I had a total of when i had finished of over 60 pages .
Also your tm6 departure card has to be filled in along with the photocopies of you tm6 also has to be filled in
Have to be back jan 18 to receive my visa if it is passed.
ww

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » December 26, 2013, 10:38 am

Well had a visit from immigration at my home. Yesterday 3pm . Bloody xmas day. What ignorant rude people. I was a bit merry after a few beers and a couple of whiskies and at the time and had lots people having a party . Had to stop and move everyone so the rude ******* could take more photos of my house. They then told me i needed another witness to sign some more docs.
I asked them if they knew it was xmas day and they replied yes.
I was not too polite to them and told them it was really a bad thing coming to my house on xmas day and if they want people to respect their culture which is continuously shoved in your face then the respect has to work both ways.
Dont know if it will affect me getting a visa but i am nearly passed caring about visa`s
ww

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » December 26, 2013, 12:00 pm

Simply amazing that these ignorant rustic yokels had the audacity to visit YOU on Christmas Day, isn't it? Shame on them!
I'm convinced that Britain's finest would never display such callousness by making a house call to a Thai alien in Wales on Wisakha Bucha. :confused: :shock: :-"

Paladin
udonmap.com

Post by Paladin » December 26, 2013, 12:19 pm

I am going there today at 1.00pm for my second visit for my first application on marriage to Thai National. I wish myself the best of luck. Extra paper work was required from my first visit.
Attachments
photo-18949_gif,q_r=1343288374_pagespeed_ce_uR_DwE1PXZ.gif
photo-18949_gif,q_r=1343288374_pagespeed_ce_uR_DwE1PXZ.gif (15.83 KiB) Viewed 4366 times

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 26, 2013, 1:58 pm

Xmas day is work day in Thailand

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » December 26, 2013, 3:15 pm

Asiaphile wrote:Simply amazing that these ignorant rustic yokels had the audacity to visit YOU on Christmas Day, isn't it? Shame on them!
I'm convinced that Britain's finest would never display such callousness by making a house call to a Thai alien in Wales on Wisakha Bucha. :confused: :shock: :-"
Are you for real ?Why did you post such utter crap? What yokels ?There were from udon not my village
In uk the authorities and the people bend over backwards to accommodate the ethnic minorities and their religions and no they would no go for a routine visit on important religious days unless they really had to.
I will explain it a little but clearer just for you.
3pm yesterday i had about 15 thai friends at my house eating and cooking a meal . They were mostly sitting on mats and were also cooking some hotpot on the floor . Music was playing and they as normal had a microphone.
These guys made all the people move and move the food out of sight so they could take 1 photo of me and my wife in front of the house which they already had a couple of days before.They then told my wife to fetch a witness to fill in some forms. Wife is a teacher so they said the witness had to be a teacher. Off goes my wife on a motorbike . Came back with a teacher who filled the forms in then they left.
This took about 25 mins by time the food was cold and some of the people had gone home as it was cold. Absolutely ruined my day.
i am sure if you were in uk on xmas day eating xmas dinner with your family and friends just going to listen to the queens speech and uk imm turned up for a routine check and made everybody leave the house and take the food outside with them ,you or anybody else would not be pleased
ww

Paladin
udonmap.com

Post by Paladin » December 26, 2013, 3:43 pm

You forget TIT, They do not care a didley sh**. Today I was told that tomorrow is the last day of the year for the home callers and that it may be that they will call tomorrow, if not after the7th of January. No excuse for them as they probably wanted to clear the slate before the New Year.
Today I submitted my paper work and within 1 Hour was gone.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » December 26, 2013, 6:44 pm

Do i need new specs can't find :

Capture.JPG.visa.JPG

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 26, 2013, 6:51 pm

^ No, you do not need specs.
i have already commented on it on the Hull Consulate thread.
Along with the disparities between the rules according to Birmingham & the Embassy when all are issued by the Embassy now.

Wait & see what the New Year brings I think - especially considering the sinking Baht as well..

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » December 26, 2013, 6:58 pm

Thanks Bob.
It's all so confusing now.
I hope life's easier when dead.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » December 26, 2013, 7:29 pm

welshwizard wrote:i am sure if you were in uk on xmas day eating xmas dinner with your family and friends just going to listen to the queens speech and uk imm turned up for a routine check and made everybody leave the house and take the food outside with them ,you or anybody else would not be pleased
ww
You still don't get it, do you? Well, let me spell it out for you.
This is NOT the UK! We are GUESTS in a Buddhist country in which Christmas is NOT observed, so 25th December is an ordinary work day here. It's business as usual in government and private offices, banks, shops and schools, and Immigration.
It is not up to us to tell the Police how they are supposed to plan their house call schedules.
But YOU expect them not to visit Christians on Christmas Day, Muslims at Eid Al-Fitr, Jews during Passover, etc, etc???
Amazing!
In fact it's very simple. If you don't like, lump it.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 26, 2013, 8:14 pm

Went for my M visa yesterday, had everything under the sun.Thought had all requirements.
NO! Even though had affirmation marry Thai,Still wanted divorce proof from previous marriage! Both parties!
Always give a problem! .I think they like Keep Farang under their thumb
Mai mee tahng !

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”