Anyone Recently Applied for a Marriage Visa ( Udon Thani )

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Photoman
udonmap.com

Post by Photoman » October 27, 2013, 8:25 pm

Hi

Anyone Recently Applied for a Marriage Visa in Udon Thani

I have tried to find out but I keep getting conflicting answers . Can anyone let me what is required .

Thanks

Roy

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » October 27, 2013, 9:02 pm

I will shortly be doing this.
Next week, I go to BKK to get "Affirmation" to marry a Thai woman.
Then I only need to go to the Ampor office, with my g/f and get spliced
Easy peasy (I'm told) and freeeee! =D>
Mai mee tahng !

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 27, 2013, 9:23 pm

No Morti, you are applying to get married, the OP is asking about a marriage visa..

I really would suggest, Roy, that you go into the Udon Immigration Office & ask them I am sure that they will give you a detailed list of exactly what is required,
I think this is the latest thread where the requirements are discussed, but it does seem a variable array of requirements..
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/n ... 28718.html

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » October 27, 2013, 9:32 pm

OH Dear! Sorry!
There is already a thread about Marriage Visa here
Best check that out! Pain in the but actually. TIT
Mai mee tahng !

Photoman
udonmap.com

Post by Photoman » October 27, 2013, 10:58 pm

Thank you Mortiboy and BobHelm .

I will do exactly that .

Roy

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » October 28, 2013, 7:34 am

I would agree with Mr Helm, when I applied I was given all sorts of conflicting info regarding requirements. Went to the immigration office, spent 20 minutes with them and walked away with a comprehensive list. Admittedly I screwed up a couple, like the letter from the bank has to be dated the day you apply, but at lest I had the right docs.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » October 28, 2013, 8:12 am

Hi,
I had a permission to stay based on being married to Thai. To tell you the truth it was a pain in the ass to get. You had to show photos of you and wife outside house, in living room etc. Also you had to bring a Thai who was not a relative, and who had known you for at least 12 months, to Imm with you. They have to fill in a form and sign it. It took me over an hour with Imm to get. I reverted back to a P. to Stay due to retirement. In and out in less than 15 mins. all done in house as opposed to P to S due to Marriage, for house location they accepted a download from Google map for that.
Also if you do not have 800,000B. in a Thai bank, I do not, you can get a letter from your Embassy stating your pensions. I have to get one this week as my P to S is due for renewal in 3 weeks.
Anyway good luck whichever way you go.

Paladin
udonmap.com

Post by Paladin » October 28, 2013, 8:25 am

PHOTOMAN, the first thing you have to do is go to your Embassy here in Thailand, fill out a Stat Declaration that you are single and have no reason that you cannot marry, 2nd if you have been married before you must provide a copy of your divorce paper, Both these papers need to be verified by your Embassy and there Official Stamp placed on them.
Having done that you must then have both papers translated into Thai by a certified translator.
There is a lady here in Udon, three doors from the left of Landmark who can translate your documents and send them to the Thai Government in Bangkok for their Stamp of approval. This must be done and takes about 1Week, Then you can go to the Amper office. if you have an 'O' non immigrant Visa.
I have just done this, so if you want to talk to me call 0844010250. Best of luck

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 28, 2013, 8:47 am

The UT Imm office has a leaflet on marriage visa telling you what you need.

Apparently there is a spelling mistake on it. It states 400K AND 40K certified income, instead of 400K OR 40K certified income.

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » October 28, 2013, 10:34 am

I hope Photoman reads the replies carefully, as instead of getting a Visa he might end up getting married again =D>

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » October 28, 2013, 4:52 pm

I was thinking the same thing.
It's no wonder some get paperwork totally screwed up.

goshawk
udonmap.com

Post by goshawk » July 14, 2014, 9:21 am

Anyone got a link for the correct form you need from the embassy to show your monthly income?,have emailed the embassy a few times but got no reply,cheers

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » July 14, 2014, 10:19 am

What Embassy? Australian Embassy in Bangkok will accept your Statement of Pension obtainable from the provider, but you must go personally to the Embassy to have it witnessed

goshawk
udonmap.com

Post by goshawk » July 14, 2014, 10:29 am

sorry forgot to mention,its the british embassy,i know you can download the form post it off along with your last 3 bank statements and they will return the proof of income letter by EMS,no need to appear in person.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 14, 2014, 10:38 am

goshawk wrote:Anyone got a link for the correct form you need from the embassy to show your monthly income?,have emailed the embassy a few times but got no reply,cheers
I'm assuming you want a letter of income from the UK Embassy ??
I get this letter based on retirement not marriage but presume it will be the same criteria.
1.Photocopies of the relevant pages of your passport.
2.Proof of your income...P60,payslips etc.
3.Cashiers cheque made payable to "British Embassy,Bangkok" for 2620 baht which includes admin fee and return postage by EMS.

Send your request to:
British Embassy,
Consular Section,
14 Wireless Road,
Lumpini,Pathumwan,
Bangkok. 10330.

Send your letter from the Post Office in Udon by EMS,with a covering note as to why you want the Letter of Income ie.to show to Thai Immigration when you apply for your visa extension.
Your letter from the Embassy will be sent to your home address within 10 working days.
Good luck.

Zid (MUFC) :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Post by Udonhoward » September 18, 2014, 8:57 am

I have to renew my 1 year non-immigrant O (Thai wife) visa in a couple months. This is the first time I'll have had to do it, I had an agent get me the original.

Does anyone have a "complete" (more or less) list of what immigration in Udon might require? I've checked all the websites, and each one has a different list. None of them mention things like personal photos, or a kor ro song document. And what the h@*! is a personal data form? Also, two copies of everything? Do I have to bring a Thai friend? My questions are endless. :?

I realize this is a moving target, but maybe a group attempt at a list, incorporating everyone's experience, would be really helpful.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » September 18, 2014, 9:31 am

This is the information I have downloaded about 2 months ago, so should be ok mine is for 1 year O but not marriage I got it from Thai Immigration website can not tell you if there is any difference.
1 TM7 for extension of stay.
2 1 Passport size photo.
3 Map can be hand drawn with directions from your residence to immigration office.
4 Signed house book of your wife/partner.
5 Passport/plus a photo copy of it.
6 Wife/partners signed ID card
7 Proof of savings in my case 800,000 baht and monthly income.

Do not know whether this help you, all the best.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 18, 2014, 9:52 am

The only safe way is to call by the Immigration office & ask them.
I understand that they do have handouts pre-printed showing the list of requirements for the various extensions.
Even that will not ensure that you will comply with the rules on the day that you physically go, but it certainly gives you the best chance of success..

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » September 18, 2014, 9:56 am

Dont forget to take photos of you & wife inside and outside the house, a witness and of course your wife.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 18, 2014, 11:41 am

Udonhoward wrote:I have to renew my 1 year non-immigrant O (Thai wife) visa in a couple months. This is the first time I'll have had to do it, I had an agent get me the original.

Does anyone have a "complete" (more or less) list of what immigration in Udon might require? I've checked all the websites, and each one has a different list. None of them mention things like personal photos, or a kor ro song document. And what the h@*! is a personal data form? Also, two copies of everything? Do I have to bring a Thai friend? My questions are endless. :?

I realize this is a moving target, but maybe a group attempt at a list, incorporating everyone's experience, would be really helpful.
As Bob already mentioned best to drop by immigration and get the info first hand. Also, someone recently posted an update for an extension based on marriage, may required doing a search. To answer some of your questions:

-2 complete copies plus originals. Reason being is one copy is retained locally and the other is forwarded to Bangkok for approval.
-Copies of passport, photo/data page, non imm visa and previous extensions, arrival/departure card.
-Copies of Marriage certificate
-Proof of income
-Wife's house book and ID.
-A Thai witness known to you and your wife is required to sign an affidavit affirming that you are married and living as a couple.
-Photos are required of you and your spouse; I believe one in front of of house you reside in with the address visible and other photos in the living room and possibly bedroom.
Hand drawn map from your residence to immigration.

*As for the Kor Ror Song document, there's an existing thread dedicated on the subject here:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/n ... 28718.html

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”