New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » May 3, 2015, 1:57 pm

RLTrader wrote:Ya, that was my point back when. By having to wait 30 days, you will most likely be "over stay" and if for some reason your renewal is refused, you will find out that before you leave country you owe a lot of money, one can bet, maybe some jail time, to boot.
So, sounds like its a good idea to apply for your extension 30 days before your visa expires then you will get your approved ext of stay stamp the day your visa expires.

Any possible overstay avoided that way.

UFF DA!

rick
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by rick » May 3, 2015, 3:00 pm

If you get a 'visa under consideration' stamp your existing visa is still valid, I'm sure. For Marriage over Xmas period i had to wait 7 weeks 'under consideration'. Best to go a couple of days early before the date given, then if there was a problem you have time for a border run.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » May 3, 2015, 5:03 pm

The Embassy contacted Udon Immigrations and they denied any change in fees. The first response from them stated 1900 Baht same day service. Seems those who received a receipt it was only for 1900 Baht. I received no receipt. My neighbor from Germany got a receipt for 1900 when he and his wife(German) both did their renewal. He told me they also charged him another penalty 500 Baht because he did not update his passbook even thou he had the Bank letter dated that day.
Brian Davis wrote:Just to double-check here, Peter.

Was it UDON Immigration which was contacted by the Embassy, or Immigration H/Q?

Can I anticipate a long queue of applicants waving said documents to request refunds? :-k :lol:

Perhaps some Officers will be cancelling the new car? :-"

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » May 3, 2015, 5:07 pm

My Embassy replied to my email on 2 separate occasions. They emailed me back with the response.
Astana wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:My Embassy contacted directly the Immigrations Office and was advised in writing the fee is 1900 for same day service. I have that in writing so it is in fact and in truth a scam. There is no pay 3000 get today or pay 1900 and get in a month. They knew better then to lie to the Embassy.
papaguido wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:This is fine to do when you have been made aware of the scam before hand. She advised me this was a New Law that just went into effect. We know that many times the Law changes but it takes sometime before we are made aware of it. One neighbor refused to pay the 3000. He was stamped and told come back in 30 days. Meanwhile his Visa has actually expired in a sense. Is this stamp valid or not since there is no new Law. I questioned my Embassy on my return home VIA Email and learned the truth in writing from that office in response to an email from my Embassy. So in fact someone has had a stamp made up. If the fee was true I don't mind paying it, but it is not. Also I always leave a small tip even for the 90 day report. Don't like being lied to and scammed.

I have also learned from my Embassy that the Immigration Bureau is putting in place on line doing your 90 report so you will no longer have to actually go to their office. I went on line and sure enough it is on their Web Site.
The "Consideration of Stay" effecting applicants of retirement extensions is not a new law, but more along the lines of an internal policy set by Udon Immigration (UI). It began 8 or 9 months ago with applicants being given a 7 day "Consideration of Stay" stamp. Then, based on forum post, bumped up to 15 days and now 30 days (*the visa/extension remains valid with the Consideration of Stay stamp). Now more recently, a fee has been applied to expedite or "fast-track "the process.

There's an existing thread on 90 day online reporting, apparently the bugs haven't been worked out yet.
Is it possible to post the letter?

Astana
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Astana » May 3, 2015, 5:18 pm

Peter USNR wrote:My Embassy replied to my email on 2 separate occasions. They emailed me back with the response.
Astana wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:My Embassy contacted directly the Immigrations Office and was advised in writing the fee is 1900 for same day service. I have that in writing so it is in fact and in truth a scam. There is no pay 3000 get today or pay 1900 and get in a month. They knew better then to lie to the Embassy.
papaguido wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:This is fine to do when you have been made aware of the scam before hand. She advised me this was a New Law that just went into effect. We know that many times the Law changes but it takes sometime before we are made aware of it. One neighbor refused to pay the 3000. He was stamped and told come back in 30 days. Meanwhile his Visa has actually expired in a sense. Is this stamp valid or not since there is no new Law. I questioned my Embassy on my return home VIA Email and learned the truth in writing from that office in response to an email from my Embassy. So in fact someone has had a stamp made up. If the fee was true I don't mind paying it, but it is not. Also I always leave a small tip even for the 90 day report. Don't like being lied to and scammed.

I have also learned from my Embassy that the Immigration Bureau is putting in place on line doing your 90 report so you will no longer have to actually go to their office. I went on line and sure enough it is on their Web Site.
The "Consideration of Stay" effecting applicants of retirement extensions is not a new law, but more along the lines of an internal policy set by Udon Immigration (UI). It began 8 or 9 months ago with applicants being given a 7 day "Consideration of Stay" stamp. Then, based on forum post, bumped up to 15 days and now 30 days (*the visa/extension remains valid with the Consideration of Stay stamp). Now more recently, a fee has been applied to expedite or "fast-track "the process.

There's an existing thread on 90 day online reporting, apparently the bugs haven't been worked out yet.
Is it possible to post the letter?

Is it possible to post the email sent by the Embassy?

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » May 3, 2015, 6:09 pm

Many got receipt only for 1900 Baht and some got no receipt. But glad my actions has paid off for all in the future. They just picked on the wrong person as Bangkok Bank NY is learning the Hard way. Also BOT is now also investigating Bangkok Bank.

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » May 3, 2015, 6:19 pm

Peter USNR wrote:Many got receipt only for 1900 Baht and some got no receipt. But glad my actions has paid off for all in the future. They just picked on the wrong person as Bangkok Bank NY is learning the Hard way. Also BOT is now also investigating Bangkok Bank.
Seriously? You couldn't recognize that as a joke? (note the smilies) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you will find that no one gets a receipt for unofficial express-service charges.
Last edited by Jello on May 3, 2015, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UFF DA!

noosard
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by noosard » May 3, 2015, 6:21 pm

Read between the lines you are still screwed

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » May 3, 2015, 6:22 pm

So what is the final outcome? Retirement visa's will be granted without a 30 day wait period? Or will receipts be issued for one day service?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » May 3, 2015, 6:43 pm

merchant seaman wrote:So what is the final outcome? Retirement visa's will be granted without a 30 day wait period? Or will receipts be issued for one day service?
Jeez, sorry you guys took me seriously.

No MS, I was joking, nothing has changed.
UFF DA!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » May 3, 2015, 6:49 pm

So what's all the fuss about? Wait 30 days and get your extension or pay extra and get it the same day. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Me, I'll just wait the 30 days have plenty of time on my hands. Still beats having to go to Nong Khai, or some where else.

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » May 3, 2015, 7:03 pm

Not a big deal to me. Same waiting period that the guys on marriage visas have to do.

The only problem I can see is if I wanted to leave the country during the 30 day wait. Then I would need to either pay the additional "no-receipt fee" or plan my trip around it.
UFF DA!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » May 3, 2015, 7:31 pm

Even then, all you'd have to do is get a new non immigrant O visa while out of the country and start the process all over again.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by jackspratt » May 3, 2015, 7:44 pm

merchant seaman wrote:Even then, all you'd have to do is get a new non immigrant O visa while out of the country and start the process all over again.
And for those who are not on O visas?

And who don't live in Mueang Udon Thani?

MS - look up the expression "I'm all right, Jack" (no relation).

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » May 3, 2015, 8:05 pm

Guess you will have to pay the additional "no receipt fee" or make an extra trip to Udon. UP2U

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » May 3, 2015, 8:15 pm

I see you are still being the asshole you always were.

But my Embassy has turned it all over to the Main Immigration Bureau in Bangkok as how they have multi emails on this scam. As it is in fact a scam and no such Law.
Jello wrote:
Peter USNR wrote:Many got receipt only for 1900 Baht and some got no receipt. But glad my actions has paid off for all in the future. They just picked on the wrong person as Bangkok Bank NY is learning the Hard way. Also BOT is now also investigating Bangkok Bank.
Seriously? You couldn't recognize that as a joke? (note the smilies) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you will find that no one gets a receipt for unofficial express-service charges.

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » May 3, 2015, 9:16 pm

It was sarcasm, and fairly obvious or so I thought. When I saw you actually took it as truth I had it pulled.

Resorting to name calling says more about you than me. [-X
UFF DA!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by jackspratt » May 3, 2015, 10:38 pm

merchant seaman wrote:Guess you will have to pay the additional "no receipt fee" or make an extra trip to Udon. UP2U
And I guess that is "what all the fuss is about".

An illegal "fee", or unwarranted inconvenience.

Luckily, Jack is just my forum name. ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » May 4, 2015, 5:45 am

The problem with this situation ios that if as has been told some do not get receipts, for LEGAL work done is the Visa then valid, as there would be not checks that would justify it being issued aka entry in the book etc.
Although this situation seems to be centred in Udon does anyone know if it exists anywhere else.
As I previously stated on another post I was subject to this illegal request as I had only 10 days to flying out of the country and due to the Ministry of Education I was barred from teaching due to my inability to take a test that was never held, then I was in a catch 22 situation and had to pay to rectify my quandary.
This seemingly illegal fee is under investigation and i think we should wait to see where the axe falls, I am sure that although personally I had not had any problems prior to my recent visit, this seems to be getting out of hand and blatant, it reminds me of Nong Khai years ago and that was sorted eventually.
With the current ruling that one HAS to attend your local IO and you are unable to go elsewhere means that we are stuck with what we have. If what we have is corrupt and a blatant SCAM then the more of us that complain the quicker it will be sorted out.
Immigration officers tends to stick together , so softly softly and the situation will I am sure get better.
Although one or two have pointed out that the Months delay is the same as a marriage Visa, that situation has always been the case, in 12 years only this last time was I informed that I would have to wait as the Inspector had to write a report, although in all that time my income and residence has never been in doubt.
So the question remains does the Senior Officer in Charge know about this ? Does the officer in Charge of Royal Thai Police in Udon Thani know about this ? As although the Immigration Division is separate from the RTP Police station they are still Royal Thai Police !.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Peter USNR » May 4, 2015, 6:26 am

All so true. Since The US Embassy has stated handling the complaint I can only suggest all who have had this happen to them email the US Embassy with details as others have already done. [email protected]

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”