New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
ladda3904
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by ladda3904 » May 24, 2015, 3:44 pm

How do you compare executions in Indonesia to the UTIO? Trubrit made a great point. Why are some being so selective with their principles? I suggest we picket an infamous Soi for the exploitation of women that occurs there daily.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by ladda3904 » May 24, 2015, 3:45 pm

How do you compare executions in Indonesia to the UTIO? Trubrit made a great point. Why are some being so selective with their principles? I suggest we picket an infamous Soi for the exploitation of women that occurs there daily.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by jackspratt » May 24, 2015, 4:25 pm

ladda3904 wrote:How do you compare executions in Indonesia to the UTIO?
Actually, I didn't.

Please read again what I wrote.

noosard
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by noosard » May 24, 2015, 4:33 pm

Yes the powers that be, use social media to gauge public opinion on lots of subjects
So no reason why UTIO would not have checked out UM

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » May 25, 2015, 12:48 pm

fdimike wrote:In the 10 years my wife and I have been here we have NEVER paid any money under/around or behind the table to immigration for any reason. When we were confronted with the obvious bribe attempt we stood up for what was right and refused to pay without receiving a receipt. If that meant a conversation with the head guy so be it. They ALWAYS backed down. I am not at all afraid to stand up to these people and what they may or may not be inclined to do/say because it's all smoke and mirrows on their part as far as I'm concerned. They just figure they have all the foreigners here over some sort of proverbial barrel, which they don't. You can report corruption via the immigration website. Might be a good idea to take advantage of it when necessary.
I think that is the right approach. What I don't think is right is to beat them to death on the forum. If it's worth fighting for then take to where the fight where it means something/ Other wise it's just just a bitch secession. This one is well defined now.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

trubrit
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by trubrit » May 27, 2015, 12:41 pm

Well yesterday was my day of reckoning. Started off at Bangkok bank to get my letter detailing bank account. No problem here, just paid 100bht charge and exited 15 minutes later with said letter to see what awaited me at immigration. Arrived exactly on 10.30, took queue number 13 [-o< , went to sit down as a few seemed to be waiting, but was greeted with a smile and beckoned to sit in front of the lady at number 3. Who proceeded to shuffle through my documents, every thing seemed to be in order as per last year, only changes , asked for yellow book, never needed before, and gave me back the second set of documents, only one needed now. She took copies of all the pages of my bankbook, which weren't required last year .After about 20 minutes during which we all exchanged pleasantries, she explained there was a 30 day waiting period for authorisation, due to a change in rules, took the 1,900 bht fee and was writing the receipt when the pregnant officer who had been sitting at no2 desk with a closed sign in front of her ,leaned over and whispered to my wife," For small money , you can get it now , if you want"My wife who had previously been alerted about this by reading this forum, replied , thank you very much, but he's not in any hurry.The officer handling my application just smiled and handed my passport back , saying see you next month then .We departed the office, having spent just 25 minutes in there.
In summary, totally hassle free and non intimidating experience .My advice for what it's worth. Make sure you have all the papers that may be asked for. Plan for the 30 day authorisation period and smile .If we all did that the money scam would die a natural death without involving any outside organisations, such as embassies etc. We could avoid raising our blood pressure and topics such as this one wouldn't be necessary.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » May 27, 2015, 3:49 pm

The problem is pin pointed is the money shared with the office who knows. I have to say in 13 years she i the only officer that has tried to get extra money from me. Got nailed once for sorry no change, from her, That was easy enough to fix.

It is interesting everyone kept saying I didn't need the bank letter. So this year I didn't do it. But very much by accident I did copy my bank book. I don't know why. But, I have always copied the yellow book, never have been asked for it.

Did you bring your own photo or go with the digital one there ?

Understanding what was going on I really had no problems either.

If the extra money ploy doesn't work she will stop.

Considering what is going on in NKP with Police her practice doesn't seem very smart
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

trubrit
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by trubrit » May 27, 2015, 5:22 pm

Had my own photo. Interesting no attempt to charge for the copies she made either. :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » May 27, 2015, 5:24 pm

Not a bad deal

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » May 28, 2015, 6:37 am

As has been said, it is not the practice of asking or even insinuating it is the gall and the principle that we object to to be honest.
If one goes in with all documentation correct and it is the same as previous years when the O retirement visa was granted within minutes and stamps obtained etc, why is it now apparantly mandatory that a delay of 30 days be enforced to do what exactly.
They have no means of checking with the Embassy and if they did they would probably get told to go to hell.
They have never in all the years I have lived at my address, come anywhere close to visiting me and if they did I was probably OUT.
The delay is due to their either in-house checks as they are seen by their bosses to be dealing with some visas underhand, or that the crackdown was ordered to ensure any foreigners are dealt with correctly .
WE forget that NBL office was caught out by issuing fraudulent visas for fraudulent marriages , in numbers close to a couple of hundred.

While like many I can wait for the 30 days, it appears to me to be unnecessary and their inability to honestly state why when other offices are granting them same day same visit, beggars belief. True we have to look at loss of face and their Thai culture in this matter,BUT when for a small payment the wait can disappear, it sounds like what it is a scam of immense proportions which should be curtailed immediately.

I agree with TB unless it is a pressing need ( flying / travel or other unforeseen circumstances ) we should all wait for the period determined and it will go away hopefully.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by DuiDui49 » May 28, 2015, 1:28 pm

Just want to say to other Swedish Forum members that i filed a complaint to The Swedish Embassy today regarding the way people att UD Immigration Office is behaving unlawfully/corrupt.We need to try and stop this NOW.So like i said,comlaint is sent to Klas Molin the Ammbasador at the Swedish office in Bankok today..Any one else wants to join me..please feel free to do so.

phen
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by phen » May 28, 2015, 2:40 pm

Believe it or not.
http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/an-en ... als/91161/

At least there is hope that it will be better in the future.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by ladda3904 » May 28, 2015, 2:59 pm

90 day report today in and out in 10 minutes, 4 officers working all busy and several in the cue.

wazza
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by wazza » May 28, 2015, 5:19 pm

phen wrote:Believe it or not.
http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/an-en ... als/91161/

At least there is hope that it will be better in the future.
Maybe an Alien can finally obtain a ursafruct in Udon Province again.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by semperfiguy » May 28, 2015, 5:20 pm

Maybe this explains why Udon Immigration has created new schemes to collect "unofficial" fees for the past few months. A new law was passed in January but won't take effect until July 21st, so they've been "making hay while the sun shines" since the heat will be coming down in a few more months and they may not be able to get away with it anymore. Now it all makes sense to me!

An end to 'unofficial fees' charged by Thai officials?

PHUKET: -- A new law, due to come into force in July, could mean an end to demands by officials for "unofficial fees" to issue permits, licenses or registration documents.

Here, Tippaya Moonmanee of law firm Duensing Kippen analyses the new law and how it works.

Historically, obtaining a license, registration, permit or any other form of government permission has often been frustrating and costly in Thailand.

Inefficiencies and the all-too-common "tea money" or "unofficial fees" charged by government officers to perform their administrative duties, stem from the broad discretion government offices have up to now generally been given to determine what an applicant must do or provide in order to obtain a license, registration, or permission.

Recently, however, the Thai government enacted a law that may significantly reduce, or even eliminate, such waste and untoward practices.

The Licensing Facilitation Act (2015) was formally published on January 22 this year and will take effect a couple of months from now, on July 21.

With a few notable exceptions (they include court procedures and licensing related to strategic military operations), the Act applies to all licenses, registrations, and permissions that Thai law requires or allows individuals to obtain.

It also applies to the government offices charged with issuing these documents.

Furthermore, the Act requires that all government offices involved must produce, and make available to the public, a manual that details the procedure, timing, and specific requirements in order to obtain the licenses, registrations, or permissions that they administer.

This includes lists of all necessary documents that must be provided.

Significantly, once a manual is in place, Thai government offices covered by the Act will no longer have discretion to deviate from the requirements therein.

If, but only if, an application does not meet the requirements in the manual, an office may refuse an application.

However, in such a case the government office must make its refusal in writing to the applicant within the time required by the Manual.

This written notice must also explain why the office is refusing the application and detail how the applicant should revise the application to make it acceptable.

If an office is unable to make an initial determination on an application within the time required by the manual, that office must explain, within the following seven days and in writing to the applicant, why it was not possible to meet the deadline.

It must also send a copy of the explanation to an administrative oversight committee.

The written notice to the applicant must be repeated every seven days until the office provides its written decision on the application.

In the event any such office fails to comply with the Act's requirements "it shall be deemed that it commits or omits the commission of an act which causes damage to other persons; provided that such commission or omission was not caused by force majeure.”

This administrative law may not appear significant to some. And only time will tell how it will be implemented in practice. However, it is a welcome addition to Thailand's legal landscape.

We believe that, properly implemented, the Act has the potential to greatly improve administrative conduct and services in Thailand.

Source: http://www.thephuket...cials-52503.php
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » May 28, 2015, 5:58 pm

There are two threads on T,V. now of rejections for silly reasons. Income letter not in Thai Baht. 40 K a month refused, had to be 400K in the bank marriage visa. I been down that road before. Believe they can get CS if they wish

We will see how this all shakes out, they can get even for awhile. I wouldn't get to comfy just yet

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » May 28, 2015, 6:15 pm

They are doing because they can there is no need for a 30 day delay. I see a new law goes into effect next month. Things may get even more interesting. If you can wait the 30 days and leave it alone now. The new law ha already been posted on on other threads.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » May 28, 2015, 6:19 pm

an Ursafruct won't do you much good if they don't give you a visa extension for retirement or marriage.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » May 28, 2015, 6:27 pm

friend who recently died told me never bring anything to Thailand you can't afford to lose. You just stated why. Don't expect these people to be helpful unless there is something in it for them. I really look for things to be tough for awhile. Man do I hope I'm wrong,

Never forget the catch all it's up to the individual officer to accept or deny. You can challenge it. Not a exactly a fun way to spend your time here

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » May 28, 2015, 6:32 pm

But maybe the bright side being no more unofficial charges and receipt will be given for all transactions. Wouldn't wait too long to make sure wifes passport and visa are in order if you plan on taking her with you back to your home country
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”