New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » May 28, 2015, 6:37 pm

In the process for a planned trip.

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » May 28, 2015, 6:44 pm

Me, I'll leave the same way I got here. With one suitcase if things went afoul against us.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

uluru
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by uluru » May 31, 2015, 5:59 pm

I see that there are places to complain online such as the immigration head office and the anti corruption commission where you just fill out a box, but you do have to give them an email address. Does any tech head in this forum know if the email address you give is traceable? They may reply to you and you may not be inclined to want to answer any question they put to you by email.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Stantheman » May 31, 2015, 7:45 pm

uluru wrote:I see that there are places to complain online such as the immigration head office and the anti corruption commission where you just fill out a box, but you do have to give them an email address. Does any tech head in this forum know if the email address you give is traceable? They may reply to you and you may not be inclined to want to answer any question they put to you by email.
From what I understand just putting your email address in an online form can not be traced back to you because there is no I.P. address provided with email, but if you send out an email then it is traceable based on the I.P. address that comes with sending an email. To be safe when doing communications you can always use free wifi that is available around town.

samuel
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by samuel » May 31, 2015, 8:47 pm

uluru wrote:....complain online such as the Immigration....if the email address you give is traceable?
sorry to say that - but complaining anonymously is ridiculous.
either stand for what you think is wrong or just remain silent and swollow the toad.
[-(

remember, we all are not at home here. what you think is wrong might not be considered as wrong here. it all depends on one's point of view.

if you're looking for trouble > submit a complaint.
if you're looking for a relaxed life > swollow.
;)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by jackspratt » May 31, 2015, 8:59 pm

samuel wrote: if you're looking for trouble > submit a complaint.
if you're looking for a relaxed life > swollow.
;)
I guess if no one stands up, we will all be potentially swallowing for the foreseeable future. ;)

ps - submitting a complaint is not necessarily looking for trouble. [-X

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » June 1, 2015, 12:19 pm

Are the immigration official's Police ?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... get-police
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

jackspratt
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by jackspratt » June 1, 2015, 3:07 pm

bumper wrote:Are the immigration official's Police ?
Yes.

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » June 1, 2015, 6:23 pm

Wonder how many complaints were against them not many I would think.

ezrider
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by ezrider » June 4, 2015, 8:55 am

download forms off the Thai Immigration website. Take your own photo against a white wall, size and print it. Glue to the application. It worked for me on the 2nd. just before they closed for lunch. 1,900 baht/ 20 minutes

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

retired
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by retired » June 4, 2015, 9:33 am

ezrider wrote:download forms off the Thai Immigration website. Take your own photo against a white wall, size and print it. Glue to the application. It worked for me on the 2nd. just before they closed for lunch. 1,900 baht/ 20 minutes

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php
And this was for the Annual Extension??

ezrider
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by ezrider » June 4, 2015, 12:44 pm

Yes, the annual extension (my 10th). Any immigration form can be downloaded off that Thai Immigration site. Click the drop down list on download form on right top of the page. Re-entry permit, 90 day report, etc. The only thing new this year is they don't give you an instant visa extension stamp unless you pay to expediate. They stamp your passport "considering visa extension" and tell you to come back in 2 weeks for the final stamp.

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » June 4, 2015, 4:23 pm

Well that's better I had to wait for 30 days. If we don't puss this immediate thing I believe when they see they arew not making any money and in fact are making their jobs harder it just go away ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kopkei » June 4, 2015, 7:18 pm

my goodness , Take your own photo against a white wall... i have a local shop making 2 photo' s for 50 baht , why would i ever want to do this myself :roll:

retired
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by retired » June 4, 2015, 11:34 pm

ezrider wrote:Yes, the annual extension (my 10th). Any immigration form can be downloaded off that Thai Immigration site. Click the drop down list on download form on right top of the page. Re-entry permit, 90 day report, etc. The only thing new this year is they don't give you an instant visa extension stamp unless you pay to expediate. They stamp your passport "considering visa extension" and tell you to come back in 2 weeks for the final stamp.
Ah ok , thanks for clarifying, your initial post give me the impression it was all done and dusted there and then with no 'under consideration' stamp.

socksy
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by socksy » June 5, 2015, 8:37 am

kopkei wrote:my goodness , Take your own photo against a white wall... i have a local shop making 2 photo' s for 50 baht , why would i ever want to do this myself :roll:

Bollocks - I hope I can get a refund on my selfie stick. I was going to do a DIY for my next photos. :lol: :roll:
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » June 10, 2015, 12:02 pm

Went in and picked up my visa stamps after 30 days. No waiting took two mins. I asked if we had to wait now because he visa was approved in Bangkok, No they stay in Udon. Wasn't asked for money. They gave me the following link to do the 90 day reporting over the net. So what I see will require scanning before sending it to them. I need to poke around a bit more. I have a scanner. But when the tech hooked it up he made in the Thai language absoutly worthless to me.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... age=90days

samuel
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by samuel » June 10, 2015, 12:09 pm

bumper wrote:I asked if we had to wait now because he visa was approved in Bangkok, No they stay in Udon.
applications based on retirement stay in udon.
applications based on marriage will be sent to korat (as far as i know).
but who really knows....

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » June 10, 2015, 12:18 pm

Mine is retirement

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » June 10, 2015, 2:28 pm

One therefore wonders if as stated the retirement stays in Udon, why it takes a month, for new applications i can understand but for those who are renewing countless years, it makes no sense at all, but I forget we are in Thailand. Sense does not come into it. Silly me, there I was thinking logically.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”