New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
rick
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by rick » June 13, 2015, 6:30 pm

Do you feel corruption takes place at Udon Thani Immigration Office?
Never been asked myself. They take one look at me and hit on the wife for a tip instead! So now i don't take her with me. BUT, i jump through the hoops presented so they have no excuse. Rules, formal or otherwise, change. So always check what is required first. Leave yourself open to needing discretion and you can be exploited, have a few friends caught by that.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by mathusalah80 » June 13, 2015, 7:19 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
mathusalah80 wrote:Finally, to end by spreading a little happiness; I am finished here. But please feel free to continue without me. ;) :D
Actually, much more than a "little happiness" :lol: - but I guess you couldn't resist.
Where is your charity? :( You should pity, not condemn, me, for my human weakness in being unable to measure up to your unique morality standards. [-X

I know you can waffle on for ages and even beat me in that respect. =D> .
Praise indeed; although I do think you are being uncharacteristically modest! :D :lol: \:D/

Let's try and shorten things, shall we? Naah! Whatever would you, and your cohorts, do with your time then? ;) :lol:
A straightforward question, with just a yes or no answer required. If it helps, grasping my dictionary, descriptions for corrupt include dishonest, crooked, venal(open or susceptible to bribery).
Given the many months you have been complaining about it, hard to believe you have only now decided to look up the definition of 'corruption' :-s :shock: [-o<

"YES"

Now your turn.
Have you EVER made a payment to a Traffic Officer/Traffic Policeman in Thailand, in respect of an offence you did not commit? (NB. Same rules. Just a Yes or No answer.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by mathusalah80 » June 13, 2015, 9:30 pm

Khun Paul wrote:There are a lot of things you do not know about me M80, I would NOT take any influential person for a simple Viosa renewal or for thjat matter any other reason, that meeting was private and arranged by my friend NOT at the Imm Office.
Two , My predicament was that I was flying less than 4 days from renewal of visa, I was left in no uncertain doubt NOT paying was NOT an option. If I wanted to fly on the date booked.

Any deviation from the l;isted fees and services if they also require payment wrong am I therefore judgemental in m,aking that assumtion or just highlighting a deviation that is if you look at it realistically possibly illegal.

Judgemental I amy be but that is a fact not a judgement a simple fact.
As fro what I do or not do in Thailand I was NOT aware I had to run it past you before I did anything.
So get off your high horse and deal with facts and actions rather that emotional clap trap.
Your first paragraph is 'hair splitting; the information in your second paragraph already previously provided, and to which I have responded; we have already exchanged our, differing, views on the subject matter of your third paragraph.
As to your fourth paragraph. With respect, so long as you pursue your legendary habit, of incorporating into your posts public hints and innuendos about your activities, (e.g. "if one is in business, as I was.."); vast business & personal successes, and equally vast network of influential friends and associates locally, you must learn to accept the baggage that goes with it, as must we all who choose to use the social media. =;
Incidentally, your inability to control YOUR anger emotion, when faced with criticism or failure to get your way, as demonstrated in the rather immature final sentence of your post, could also possibly have been a factor in your confrontation with the UIO? :-k
Have a good night.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Brian Davis » June 14, 2015, 5:30 am

mathusalah80 wrote: Given the many months you have been complaining about it, hard to believe you have only now decided to look up the definition of 'corruption' :-s :shock: [-o<

Come, come, Mathusalah80, you know very well the definitions were included as YOU seem confused about it.

"YES"

Amid all the arguments, good to get that clear admission from you.
Now your turn.
Have you EVER made a payment to a Traffic Officer/Traffic Policeman in Thailand, in respect of an offence you did not commit? (NB. Same rules. Just a Yes or No answer.
YES

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2015, 5:58 am

Nuff said, the man is as his name suggests archaic and out of touch with reality.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » June 14, 2015, 7:10 am

kubotatim wrote:I have and never will give these people a tip, I always make sure I have all my documents in order, any one who does give them a tip is only encouraging their corrupt practices. They are fairly well paid government employees with a lot of other hidden perks, such as health care, very low or zero percent interest loans, a nice pension on retirement, and are virtually unsackable unless caught doing anything dodgy like corrupt practices.
And what do you consider a well paid salary to be? What do Immigtation Police salary start at?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kubotatim » June 14, 2015, 8:07 am

You go find out, I know and you are one of the experts!!!!!!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by merchant seaman » June 14, 2015, 8:13 am

So you don't know do you? Back up your statement and give it some credibility
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

parrot
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by parrot » June 14, 2015, 8:17 am

merchant seaman wrote:
kubotatim wrote:I have and never will give these people a tip, I always make sure I have all my documents in order, any one who does give them a tip is only encouraging their corrupt practices. They are fairly well paid government employees with a lot of other hidden perks, such as health care, very low or zero percent interest loans, a nice pension on retirement, and are virtually unsackable unless caught doing anything dodgy like corrupt practices.
And what do you consider a well paid salary to be? What do Immigtation Police salary start at?
Salary, celery. The staff that renews my vehicle registration or drivers license, the staff that renews my wife's Thai ID, and the police who stop me when I break the law......among others.......make as little as an Immigration officer........yet they don't ask for tips or under the table money. What sounds like low wages to a foreigner is actually a good wage. Most any Thai would jump at the opportunity to be a public servant.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kubotatim » June 14, 2015, 9:58 am

merchant seaman wrote:So you don't know do you? Back up your statement and give it some credibility
Yes I do but I have no intention of telling you, troll somewhere else.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by mathusalah80 » June 14, 2015, 11:26 am

Brian Davis wrote:
mathusalah80 wrote: Given the many months you have been complaining about it, hard to believe you have only now decided to look up the definition of 'corruption' :-s :shock: [-o<
Come, come, Mathusalah80, you know very well the definitions were included as YOU seem confused about it. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

"YES"

Amid all the arguments, good to get that clear admission from you.
I see no 'argument' between us; only healthy debate, conducted by each, with respect for the other, with the odd bit of humour thrown in.

Now your turn.
YES
And so honour is served to both our viewpoints. Thanks.

I think the views expressed in the posts of you Brian, Jello & Bumper, jointly provide the best summary of the UIO saga, and a true and accurate picture overall; which I hasten to say is not intended as a criticism of the more helpful of the posts of other concerned members.
One more of the very smallest of matters to which to attend, before fulfilling Brian's hopes & dreams of my ,(temporary :lol: [-X ), retirement from ten, or is it 11 current Immigration threads. =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ :D :D

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by mathusalah80 » June 14, 2015, 11:47 am

Khun Paul wrote:Nuff said, the man is as his name suggests archaic and out of touch with reality.
Dear Ajarn, I presume you meant to write this:
'NUFF said! The man, as his name suggests, is archaic, and out of touch with reality.

Wonderfully humourous post from you, :lol: :lol: =D> =D> considering your well earned local nickname of "Walter Mitty"
:-s :-s :-k :-k
Never mind, hopefully an influential friend, or maybe a previous M1 student, will explain the connection. :roll:

THE END. :(

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2015, 12:53 pm

Understand this Go to Hell, I will see you there when and if I get there.

GT93
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by GT93 » June 14, 2015, 1:14 pm

I'll say gidday to you dudes there too. I'd assume English will be the dominant language there!
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

wazza
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by wazza » June 14, 2015, 1:29 pm

Wonder what the IM officers who read these threads think now.

Laughing perhaps.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by mathusalah80 » June 14, 2015, 1:37 pm

Khun Paul wrote:Understand this Go to Hell, I will see you there when and if I get there.
Oh dear! :shock: I much prefer your "Evening all" characterization; it is so much more realistic! :-" :-k :-s

GT93 Please, please don't rush. [-o< The ultimate hell really would be you on one side trying to impress me with your, (encyclopedia sourced) knowledge of my home town), and KP, on the other, still living out his fantasies. Of course, if God was really angry with me, he would send Jose Mourinho along to join us! :evil:

Now, you lot, get back on topic, and leave me in peace. :-$ :-$

GT93
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by GT93 » June 14, 2015, 1:46 pm

Oh my Buddha. You're a sandgroper. As you have guessed I have never been there - watoday is my main source. I'd love to visit Perth.

Quite a few Kiwis lived there for the outrageous salaries / wages. A bloke I know who spent 5 years in the slammer for drug dealing still has his girlfriend working over there. She returns to NZ every 6 weeks or so.

A shame about the 1933 referendum being ignored.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2015, 2:11 pm

I always try to ensure that whatever i post regarding Immigration matters is for the benefit of members, how I get my information is by talking to those who can and often do . I will not carry on chit chat with those whose only claim to fame is to belittle others in ways that hiding behind their ' nom de plume ' can be construed as veiled insults or worse.
I do not normally go down that road but it would seem some seem to revel in it, citing their historical membership or age as a way of being vaguely insulting and slightly humorous . Which I might they are neither nor will they ever be.

This post was about Immigration matters and although most of us are now fully aware of the change regarding extensions of visas, also the requirements made by Immigration officers, it can be safely said as I have before that most of us will pl;an accordingly, what may happen to one is not unfortunately what happens to eveeryone, so if you plan for the 30 mday wait , if it is less you will be happy I am sure.

What the Immigration officers think of this I know not but judging by some remarks made by some including myself, we are very good at shooting ourselves in the foot, mainly due to some egos being dented I am sure .
M80 do not think for one moment you know me, I do not know you and for that I am really happy.

GT93
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by GT93 » June 14, 2015, 2:20 pm

I don't think you're going to be left in peace mathusalah80 after defining your version of hell. Jose Mourinho is going to give you heaps of stick from here. KP and I are much too gentlemanly to join in. I can confidently say that 747man would advise that you play a very straight bat.

Udon Map
Admin

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Udon Map » June 15, 2015, 7:59 am

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Let's try to stay on topic, please. This thread will be cleaned up shortly. Expect that off-topic and argumentative and excessively personal comments and posts will be given their leave.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”