New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
waltpong
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by waltpong » July 22, 2015, 8:00 pm

I guess I lucked out on the stamp transfer cause my one year visa stamp ends on 1 Feb 2016 and the old passport
expired on 3 Feb 2016 so when I go to renew my one year visa next time there is no transfer of anything just a new
stamp on the new passport.

parrot
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by parrot » July 22, 2015, 11:14 pm

waltpong wrote:I guess I lucked out on the stamp transfer cause my one year visa stamp ends on 1 Feb 2016 and the old passport
expired on 3 Feb 2016 so when I go to renew my one year visa next time there is no transfer of anything just a new
stamp on the new passport.
Can't say for sure about your situation, but believe immigration will have to transfer your original visa stamp as well as your last extension into your new passport. On the 3 occasions my wife or I have obtained new passports over the years, I've always been amazed at the amount of time it takes the official to make all the necessary marks/stamps in the new passport. Seems like 30 or more individual stamps.....the original visa and the last extension are added to the new passport....and with that a flurry of date stamps and signatures.

papaguido
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by papaguido » July 23, 2015, 5:52 am

The process for my visa transfer was one stamp with information transcribed from the old passport.

@ Walt,

Be aware that your annual extension is based off the Non Immigrant visa in your old passport and as stated previously by Brian Davis...the visa from the old passport needs to be transferred or both passports (old & new) will be required on your next visa extension renewal.

If it were me, I would have the visa info transferred before the annual extension is due. Otherwise, you may leave yourself open to jumping hoops by immigration.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Hoopoe » July 23, 2015, 5:24 pm

having the visa/extensions transfered into your new passport , is commonsense ,as on renewal of extension your only dealing with one passport ,(depending on how many extensions you have ,) it will be less paperwork , ie copies of all visa's extensions etc x2 , also i agree with P , that they will have hoops for you to jump through and possibly sumersaults ,
:?

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Hoopoe » July 28, 2015, 5:38 pm

Just been in udon for my marriage extension ,all ok except for when they came to the photo's ,bedroom , living room , the photo of the house was not accepted because i and my wife were not pictured infront of the house ,luckily i had a memory stick with me with other photo's , they showed me someones application with man and wife infront of house it was printed in black and white on normal paper (they refused mine once before saying the quality of photo on real photo paper was not acceptable )so off we trot to a photo shop and uploaded pics ,me and wife and dogs ,infront of an house ,could of been any house as it only showed the window and door ,,this was acceptable?????? just been looking on immigration sites required docs etc ,but cant find anything stating house pic must have you infront of house,(maybe I'm missing something ) besides the point of they can ask for anything they want, can anyone throw some light on this , on returning to IMM i was served straight away ,didn't have to wait again , dealt with quickly and politely 1900 bht ,

kopkei
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kopkei » July 28, 2015, 6:32 pm

on all the photo's you and your wife must be on them ...even when we did the last marriage extension , on the photo in front of the home, the home number had to be visible too...after doing this circus for 12 years i finally went to a retirement visa when i became 50 , way more easy ...and all the rules change depending what area you live , udon, nongkhai the most difficult ..., have a friend in gorath and till now he makes marriage extensions without any need of a witness ...in udon sometimes you will need 2 ...TIT... ;)

rick
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by rick » July 28, 2015, 8:00 pm

Yes, i had to do a new photo for immigration as well for my marriage visa, as although i had a picture in front of the house showing number it didn't show the whole house .... so i took one from the side in the garden (In the front i couldn't get the whole house in due to a narrow road) and they accepted that.

it was a bit of a marathon and had to sign my name about 40 times and the pile of document copies they ended up with was about 2 inches high! I dread to think how big my file at immigration will be in 10 years time .... But all said and done, they were reasonably helpful. I had to wait 6 weeks to get it approved (Xmas and new year) but i could wait.... They did visit the house but i expect as close to Udon it was a chance to get out of the office for a couple of hours and still claim to be working ....

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Hoopoe » July 30, 2015, 7:37 am

Hoopoe wrote: just been looking on immigration sites required docs etc ,but cant find anything stating house pic must have you infront of house,(maybe I'm missing something ) besides the point of they can ask for anything they want, can anyone throw some light on this , on returning to IMM i was served straight away ,didn't have to wait again , dealt with quickly and politely 1900 bht ,
thanks for the input ,,,but the question remains ,anyone have web sites that have all the required doc's /photo request's etc for the marriage extension ,the sites that i looked on i can't find anything that covers the photo's , :?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » July 30, 2015, 8:09 pm

Ok heads up guys.
A friend of mine has just completed his yearly Retirement visa renewal and this is what he said. ( he is British by the way )
1, They required all pages copied from your passport of all the visas you have had, so basically copy every page, ( better to be safe than sorry )
2, fee of 1900 Thb as per usual.
3 They stamp your passport with a months extension ( they say free ) and give you your passport BACK , asking you to re\turn on date specified to collect a Years Visa stamp.
4 Letter of income from the UK Embassy was accepted with no comments and nothing was said about the monthly requirement for next year. . ( it is thought that applies possibly to the Americans and the Australians )

Apart from the wait all done with smiles and no problems.

it was noted by my friend that there appears to be a new BOSS in town a lady with 3 pips, sitting in the office and watching what is going on.

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 12:54 am

Khun Paul wrote:Ok heads up guys.
A friend of mine has just completed his yearly Retirement visa renewal and this is what he said. ( he is British by the way )
1, They required all pages copied from your passport of all the visas you have had, so basically copy every page, ( better to be safe than sorry )
2, fee of 1900 Thb as per usual.
3 They stamp your passport with a months extension ( they say free ) and give you your passport BACK , asking you to re\turn on date specified to collect a Years Visa stamp.
4 Letter of income from the UK Embassy was accepted with no comments and nothing was said about the monthly requirement for next year. . ( it is thought that applies possibly to the Americans and the Australians )

Apart from the wait all done with smiles and no problems.

it was noted by my friend that there appears to be a new BOSS in town a lady with 3 pips, sitting in the office and watching what is going on.
Are you talking about the Udon or Nong Khai immigration office?

The income letter issue was discussed on another thread concerning a requirement at the Nong Khai office only: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/i ... 37469.html

And what does "a lady with 3 pips" mean?
:-k
UFF DA!

pomps
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by pomps » July 31, 2015, 1:04 am

:lol:

They love their pips,maybe she reports back her findings to a four pipped lady :-k :D 8)

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 1:08 am

pomps wrote::lol:

They love their pips,maybe she reports back her findings to a four pipped lady :-k :D 8)
Or if you don't have the right papers, they put you on that midnight train to Georgia. :lol:

UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 1:56 am

pomps wrote::lol:

Couldn't find anything specific to Immigration Office rank, but I think its the same as police here:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cate ... f_Thailand

Looks like the 3 stars (or pips) is a Captain and is the highest rank.
UFF DA!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » July 31, 2015, 6:03 am

Talking about the Udon office , I threw in the info about the financial side to counter the info coming from Nong Khai.
to allay fears for some that having to supply the required income stream on a monthly basis could cause problems.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kubotatim » July 31, 2015, 6:08 am

I hope the monthly income has to be proven everywhere, the current american/aussi way is a total farce.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Hoopoe » July 31, 2015, 7:18 am

The higher ranking lady was there when they questioned my house photo ,first the youngish man (far right desk ) took the pic's to glasses lady who then referred him to lady sat at the back desk ,there seemed to be a different atmosphere there , the glasses lady also questioned the wife about where we live (she was not dealing with my application) but because i can get the drift of the language ,,,i answered her questions instead of the wife ,, maybe expecting a home visit now , only my 10th extension ,ha :-k

stereolab
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stereolab » July 31, 2015, 9:20 am

it was noted by my friend that there appears to be a new BOSS in town a lady with 3 pips, sitting in the office and watching what is going on.[/quote]

Are you talking about the Udon or Nong Khai immigration office?

The income letter issue was discussed on another thread concerning a requirement at the Nong Khai office only: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/i ... 37469.html

Any chance you could get the 3 pip lady to pop over to Nong Khai and tell them that they should not be making up their own rules viz-a-viz monthly income streams from overseas.As an ex military administrator, it makes my blood boil, when a simple process is made overly complicated.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » July 31, 2015, 11:18 am

As I have said previously, the British Embassy I know will NOT ISSUE any letter regarding income unless they have VISIBLE proof that the income is being paid by a pension provider be that a company or the Government, therefore NOT to accept their letter would say we do not believe you , which of course the Embassy can prove the facts as stated. What other countries do I know not, but I do know that the American and also I believe the Australian Govts do NOT follow the British criteria, hence the problem I assume, maybe I am wrong , but that is what I can gather

stereolab
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stereolab » July 31, 2015, 11:39 am

Khun Paul wrote:As I have said previously, the British Embassy I know will NOT ISSUE any letter regarding income unless they have VISIBLE proof that the income is being paid by a pension provider be that a company or the Government, therefore NOT to accept their letter would say we do not believe you , which of course the Embassy can prove the facts as stated. What other countries do I know not, but I do know that the American and also I believe the Australian Govts do NOT follow the British criteria, hence the problem I assume, maybe I am wrong , but that is what I can gather

The British Embassy has provided me with letters twice now, and they do indeed require original evidence, overall an easy experience. If Nong Khai are going down the "income stream from overseas route" at 65k per month, then I will not need this years letter, but just have to show the income stream letter from the bank, quite a saving.

BTW , I am very happy with the service I have received in the past from Nong Khai, additionally, I am one of the lucky few who were able to 90 day report online.

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 12:18 pm

stereolab wrote: BTW , I am very happy with the service I have received in the past from Nong Khai, additionally, I am one of the lucky few who were able to 90 day report online.[/color]
As a comparison to the Udon Immigration office,

Does the Nong Khai office have a 30-day waiting period for the retirement visa extension?

Do they charge a fee for transferring a visa to a new passport or address verification letters?
UFF DA!

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”