Slight change at Laos Immigration

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 11, 2015, 1:10 pm

I dropped into Laos via the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai for half an hour or so yesterday.
I was surprised that Laos Immigration no longer need you to fill out the Arrival/Departure cards, just the single sheet visa application that has your photo attached.
At least then didn't yesterday. So maybe a Sunday special, maybe they had run out or maybe BeeLine have stopped sponsoring & printing them... :D

The bridge was very busy with private Laos vehicles coming across at about 10:30am. Quite a few tour buses but not many foot passengers, like me, using the 20 baht service... :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 11, 2015, 1:42 pm

I Hope it's like that 3 Weeks on Sunday,Bob....( NOT Busy, I Mean )

And
The bridge was very busy with private Laos vehicles coming across at about 10:30am.....Thats Why Tesco Nong Khai is always Full of Them....

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » May 30, 2015, 10:10 am

BobHelm wrote:I was surprised that Laos Immigration no longer need you to fill out the Arrival/Departure cards, just the single sheet visa application that has your photo attached.
Well, your mileage may vary. Did a visa run yesterday afternoon. The officer at check in window No. 2 did not give me a landing card. Just the visa application form.

However, after I'd made the u-return to go back to Thailand the female immigration officer in the departure kiosk asked for my departure card. I told her that I hadn't been given one. She put a Beeline form in my passport and rudely threw it back at me. She did the same to the two falangs behind me.

I was very angry because after I'd done filling in the form in the stifIing heat, I had to rejoin the queue, only this time it was considerably longer than before.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 30, 2015, 11:48 am

I Did " The Visa Run " Yesterday also,But was'nt given a Beeline Form either ( Same as Bob Helm ) I Also saw that Female Immigration Officer in her booth, I Just swerved her as she looked a very HARD Woman....Went to a Male manned booth & Had NO Problems,Just stamped OUT No questions asked Re: Beeline Card,So it seems a case of Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing....

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » May 30, 2015, 12:20 pm

747man wrote:I Also saw that Female Immigration Officer in her booth, I Just swerved her as she looked a very HARD Woman....Went to a Male manned booth & Had NO Problems.
That's exactly what I wanted to do! But as it was my wife who had joined that queue I'd meekly followed.

Probably her hormones playing up again and irrationality getting the better of common sense. That's why I generally avoid females in uniform whenever I can.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 30, 2015, 8:47 pm

747man wrote:ISo it seems a case of Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing....
That's a very accurate description of yourself Khun 747. You just made a selfie! 55+
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 30, 2015, 9:24 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
747man wrote:ISo it seems a case of Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing....
That's a very accurate description of yourself Khun 747. You just made a selfie! 55+
Oh ! Shut it will ya !! You :( :( Man...

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » May 31, 2015, 4:34 pm

Normal service has been resumed by laos Immigration at the Friedship Bridge.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 29, 2015, 8:52 am

Went last weekend..
Back to 2 forms at Immigration - I guess that it was a supply issue only.
You also now need to obtain the 1 time border credit card style tickets to operate the gates, It is free (& they give you an invoice showing that :shock: ) but another place to queue.. I actually went in, as I normally do, using the manual gate to the left. Coming back I was told that I had to have the card & was sent back to get it... :(

Went at into Laos at approx. 2pm Saturday & that was very quiet & as quick as I have ever managed.
Back at 10am on Monday. Busy for Laos cars but easy on the passenger front, still fairly long queues at Thai Immigration though.
3 police roadblocks on the road back to Udon (excluding the permanent one which was, as usual, not manned) & a further 1 on the Udon ring road.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”