Income statement,new rules from NK Immigration office

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » June 20, 2015, 6:36 am

I have had several people, that have renewed their Visa extension this year,tell me that Nong Khai immigration has informed them,in form of letters both in Thai and English which they were required to sign, that their next extension will require statements from the bank showing a minimum of 65,000 baht a month being deposited in their Thai bank account each month.The Income statement,alone is no longer sufficient!If accompanied by a Thai spouse or GF,the ladies were required to sign the statements acknowledging the change.

This is all the information that I have on the subject as I will renew in August.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 20, 2015, 6:46 am

sre the screws beginning to be tightened? Another reason to go to planB
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 20, 2015, 6:52 am

income letter from embsassey to become obsolete? I know of at least one who this is going to affect big time
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » June 20, 2015, 8:22 am

My neighbors,husband and wife ,both from USA,now have to have 1.6 mil baht on deposit,800 in each separate account OR show a monthly deposit equal to 65K per month in each account.So,I assume that the 800K deposit is sufficient for individuals.My understanding from talking with 6 different people that just renewed their extensions,the change only applies to those using an income statement from their Embassies!

Also,this seems to only be happening in NK,although there was something similar mentioned about Phuket on Thaivisa,if I am not mistaken!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 20, 2015, 9:03 am

If someone can post a copy of the letter in Thai, I'll do a (amateur) translation. Not to cast doubt on what anyone has said, but over the years often times what 'someone has been told or thinks they've been told' turns out to be something different.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » June 20, 2015, 9:08 am

nkstan wrote:My neighbors,husband and wife ,both from USA,now have to have 1.6 mil baht on deposit,800 in each separate account OR show a monthly deposit equal to 65K per month in each account.So,I assume that the 800K deposit is sufficient for individuals.My understanding from talking with 6 different people that just renewed their extensions,the change only applies to those using an income statement from their Embassies!

Also,this seems to only be happening in NK,although there was something similar mentioned about Phuket on Thaivisa,if I am not mistaken!
Nothing changed here, retirees have always had to have 800000 each, and about time they clamped down on the self certification, UK embassy always wanted proof. and there are so many liars here.

thanuhak
udonmap.com

Income statement, new rules from NK Immigration office

Post by thanuhak » June 20, 2015, 5:15 pm

They made me sign a letter to this effect last time I was there also.

I asked him - the new guy - aka "the ringer" - if he would really refuse a US Embassy Proof of Income affidavit, and he gave me a passive-aggressive, typically mealy-mouthed, " Too hard to calculate proof of income with letter - want to see bankbook."

Which led me to believe they wouldn't really turn down the US Embassy letter, maybe "couldn't", but are pushing to see money in the bank.

If anyone with a signed letter can try to use the certified proof of income statement, and it's either accepted or refused, please let us know here. Won't need to get a letter then and can just show bankbook, though letter is easier.

And yes, funny seems that NK is something of a test office for this? Maybe this will go away in a few months.

Please share your experiences - we're all in this together - BA

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » June 20, 2015, 5:19 pm

It could be worse...from 2007
Immigration announces new requirements for retirement visas

Reporter - Sawittree Namwiwatsuk

The Immigration authorities have issued new requirements for foreigners wishing to apply for a retirement visa, including the need to have an ATM card and a credit card.
Pol Lt. Samruay Saman, deputy inspector at Pattaya Immigration announced the new rules on November 12, 2007.

Pol. Lt. Samruay Saman, deputy inspector at Pattaya Immigration
Applicants using visa application form TM 7 have to enclose their passport, a 4 x 6 cm photograph, 1,900 baht fee, proof of income (certificate of bank deposit and bank book savings account, or a fixed account for at least the last three months), and proof of an appropriate amount of money from abroad through the bank in a certain period of time, such as a certificate of transfer from abroad or copy of a banking transfer order.
In the event of having any dependents such as a husband, a wife or children, then the relationship certificate approval with Thai translation certified by the embassy or consulate must be presented.
The authorities reserve the right to ask for any additional necessary documents in the event of requiring a copy of an ATM and credit card statement, a bank statement, a bank book, and a certificate of pension from the embassy in the event the source of such an amount cannot be checked.
Regulations for taking into consideration a foreign applicant’s extension for staying in Thailand require that the foreigner be more than 50 years old, and not forbidden to enter into the kingdom. The foreigner must have financial proof of a deposited amount of no less than 800,000 baht, or a monthly income of no less than 65,000 baht, or an annual income of no less than 800,000 baht in total.
For more information please visit http://www.immigration.go.th

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 22, 2015, 10:20 am

I think this relates to countries where the applicant writes in the amount themselves on the Embassy letter,something that can lead to mistakes or,possibly,even dishonesty......surely not ? ;)
Applicants who have to show proof of income to their Embassy in the form of P60,payslips,company letter etc.should not be affected because it is the Embassy itself that prints in the amount on the letter that you show to Thai Immigration.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 23, 2015, 6:45 am

Zidane you are using LOGIC, a talent missing in most of Thailands Government officers including our esteemed RTP.

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

Post by Geoffrey » June 23, 2015, 7:41 am

The letter issued by the US embassy is only a notarization.
Holy Harp

nkped
udonmap.com

Post by nkped » June 24, 2015, 2:10 am

Geoffrey wrote:The letter issued by the US embassy is only a notarization.
True. FWIW, the US Embassy letter worked just fine at the BKK immigration office in January for retirement conversion and at the Pattaya immigration office in March for an extension. As always, YMMV.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 24, 2015, 7:52 am

Strange isn't it? When citizens of a country proudly boast in public (on here)that they don't need to prove their income to the embassy for their letter, they apparently accept their word for it, that immigration ask for a more reliable source of that information. :roll:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » June 24, 2015, 9:07 am

Yes about time they had to prove their income, otherwise it is a total farce and I believe that immigration has had enough of the american lies as well, about time.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 24, 2015, 9:21 am

trubrit wrote:Strange isn't it? When citizens of a country proudly boast in public (on here)that they don't need to prove their income to the embassy for their letter, they apparently accept their word for it, that immigration ask for a more reliable source of that information. :roll:
It's only strange when you consider that some people are merely stating a fact while other view the stating of facts as boasting.

Given a cheap computer and printer and the need to do so, most anyone I know could print up an official enough looking bank statement or statement of military pension or income tax statement. If and when the American Embassy requires its citizens to back up their figures with an income statement, most Americans I know would have no trouble doing so. Until then, I guess it's just a bennie of coming from a different side of the Atlantic.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 24, 2015, 10:05 am

parrot wrote:.

It's only strange when you consider that some people are merely stating a fact while other view the stating of facts as boasting.

Given a cheap computer and printer and the need to do so, most anyone I know could print up an official enough looking bank statement or statement of military pension or income tax statement. If and when the American Embassy requires its citizens to back up their figures with an income statement, most Americans I know would have no trouble doing so. Until then, I guess it's just a bennie of coming from a different side of the Atlantic.
If stating a fact in public, is highlighting a way round a govenment regulation I can see no other purpose for doing so than boasting, because normal common sense would say "keep your mouth shut". But maybe that's too simple :-k
As for being able to produce your own on a cheap printer .That ignores the fact that any documentary letter supplied by my embassy anyway ,has an official stamp embossed thereon .I hope an upstanding citizen as you undoubtably are, is not recommending the forgery of such documents. If so perhaps it would be wise to also highlight the penalties for doing so if detected. :-"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 24, 2015, 10:27 am

trubrit wrote: If stating a fact in public, is highlighting a way round a govenment regulation I can see no other purpose for doing so than boasting, because normal common sense would say "keep your mouth shut". But maybe that's too simple :-k
Can you point to the "govenment (?) regulation" that Americans (via affidavits), or Australians (via statutory declarations) are getting around? :-k

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 24, 2015, 11:10 am

Following onn from TB's comments I can honestly state that the Immigration officers are fully aware that at least for UK citizens the Embassy letter must be embossed, which I submit together with the accompanying documents I send to Bangkok to validate the amount o\n the letter.
If as has been suggested our cousins over the water lie/ cheat or otherwise to their Embassy to obtain any form of letter that is of course for them to deal with , but i was aware of at least one American friend of mine who used to boast to emn that his income was always alright because that is what he told his Embassy, when I knew he lived from hand to mouth.
So before y'all shout about what you can or cannot do, do not forget that the IO's read these forums.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 24, 2015, 11:42 am

jackspratt wrote:
trubrit wrote: If stating a fact in public, is highlighting a way round a govenment regulation I can see no other purpose for doing so than boasting, because normal common sense would say "keep your mouth shut". But maybe that's too simple :-k
Can you point to the "govenment (?) regulation" that Americans (via affidavits), or Australians (via statutory declarations) are getting around? :-k
Obvious isn't it Jack :-" If you require a certain amount of income to qualify for something and if you swear an amount that isn't correct, ie: overstated, you have broken your own countries code by by swearing on oath, a falsehood, in itself a criminal offence, then if you obtained something by that false declaration, you have then committed another offence by obtaining by deceit. Both offences considered punishable criminal acts.Never thought I would have to explain that to you of all people :-"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 24, 2015, 12:23 pm

trubrit wrote: Obvious isn't it Jack...........
May be to you Val, but no so much to me. :-k

My understanding is that Thai Immigration has been accepting (US) affidavits and (Oz) stat decs as proof of income for many years. It can be taken as read that Immigration is aware of the procedures at the Embassies for obtaining the respective documents, and apart from this latest hurdle by NK Immigration, has not asked for supporting evidence.

As per parrott's post, how can it be a "boast" to merely state that fact.

When/if there becomes a more widespread requirement from Immigration for further evidence, or the US and/or Oz Embassy requires supporting documents, and people start posting about how they have gotten around those requirements, that may or may not fall into the category of "boasting". :roll:

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”