British passport collection

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » July 20, 2015, 5:53 pm

Is there any agencies in BKK that will go to Trendy and collect a passport. My daughter's passport finally arrived from Scouseland, but for me to collect now is difficult (don't ask)

I realise I will need to send them authorisations etc, but that will not be a big deal

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » July 20, 2015, 10:19 pm

COLLECTION:
• Passports cannot be delivered via courier.
• It is not mandatory for you to personally collect your passport/original documents that are returned. You may authorise someone collect your passport. The authorised person will need to present a letter of authority signed by you, stating the collector’s name and should present your old passport and his/her ID.
• When advised by an email from us that your passport is ready for collection, kindly bring either the email or your copy of the receipt of documents submitted, and show it at the reception desk to be allowed entry into the centre to collect your passport.
• For renewal passports, the old passport must be presented at the time of collection.
• An appointment is not required for collection of passports/original documents - they can be collected on any working day from 9am to 3pm at the application centre.

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » July 21, 2015, 5:01 am

Thanks but I was aware of the procedure. What I am after is an agent or someone in BKK I can authorise to collect on my behalf

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » July 21, 2015, 6:41 am

Just been reading a thread on Thaivisa,link below,which advised there used to be an agent but they have stopped doing it,halfway down the first page,so can only presume no other agents do it,found link informative and should help this thread with uptodate info 8)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787 ... iland-bkk/

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » July 21, 2015, 7:30 am

Cheers Pomps. Looking like nobody is bothering with collection of passports, agents anyway. Looks like I'll have to put the wife kicking and screaming onto the bus again

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » July 21, 2015, 8:15 am

May be worth giving the office in trendy building a call and ask them if they deal with any agents,an email response maybe too slow 8)
Just covering all options before putting the wife kicking and screaming on the bus :D

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » July 21, 2015, 9:22 am

That's a sound idea Pomps. I've also got the number for the visa/translation place in the ground floor of Trendy. Gonna get the Mrs to convince them to do it. They owe me 'cause they stung me for copying & translating when I applied for the passport in the first place

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » July 21, 2015, 10:19 am

Here's the email address they respond [email protected]

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » July 21, 2015, 10:35 am

Cheers. Will give them a try

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » July 22, 2015, 7:33 am

My wife has contacted the Visa/Translation shop on ground floor of Trendy. They say the can do. Just email the authorisation and they will collect and courier to me, Cost Baht 500. I would have thought an original authorisation letter would be required but I'll see how they get on with scan. Its daughter's 1st passport so no complication with previous passport

I'll post how we got on as am sure others would gladly part with THB 500 to save a trip to BKK

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » July 26, 2015, 8:08 am

That went well. Emailed the necessary docs Wed morning & at 1pm got an email back saying they got the passport. There was a slight hiccup with an original document returned separately from Liverpool, but they collected that on Thursday.

I got the passport & document Saturday afternoon by EMS. Total cost Baht 500 and they still haven't give me a bank account to pay it into yet.

This is their contact info in case anyone is interested

http://www.professional-visa.com/wp/contact/

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » July 26, 2015, 6:23 pm

Thanks for updating the thread,will keep it saved on my computer 8)

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » August 14, 2015, 1:25 pm

My new passport has arrived and thought I would give this useful information a go as cant be asse'd going to Bangkok :D phoned up to check all details and the first person confirmed 500 baht for the service :D then phoned again later to confirm something and a new person said 1000B :shock: ...... hmm so phoned again and got the original girl who confirmed it is 500 B TIT :lol:

Sending it all off in the post today ,will update everyone if all is good ....or if goes tits up 8)

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » August 26, 2015, 2:05 pm

Thanks to botaknh and this thread new passport arrived at cost of only 500 Baht .... one happy chappy :D

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » November 4, 2015, 4:22 pm

If you wait until December then you should be in possession of new UK passport design,marvellous. \:D/
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... n-launched

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » November 5, 2015, 2:52 am

From this point in time on, all UK passport holders will be regarded as truely cultural ambassadors worldwide.
As can already be seen by their daily behavior abroad.
Cheers - Burp. :lol:
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”