thailand visa

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
clarejad
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by clarejad » July 24, 2015, 7:35 pm

Hi

Can anyone advise me how to apply visa to stay 3 months in Udon Thani?

I'm from Singapore

Zidane
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by Zidane » July 25, 2015, 7:58 am

A single entry Non Immigrant O visa is probably your best bet and lasts for 90 days.
Also there is a double or triple entry Tourist visa that could keep you going for longer than 90 days.
Note you are not allowed to work with these type of visas.
Pop along to the Royal Thai Consulate in Orchard Road,Singapore,to discuss what type of visa best suits your requirements.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by BobHelm » July 25, 2015, 8:27 am

As Zid says there are a variety of ways to enable this.
Which way is best for you depends upon your personal circumstances & you have told us nothing of those.

If all else fails then a single entry tourist visa will last you 60 days & when near the end of its' life you can go to an Immigration Office within Thailand & (for a price) extend it for up to 30 more days.

clarejad
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by clarejad » July 25, 2015, 9:32 am

Thanks for advise.

The reason to stay there as my boyfriend is a Thai & now he is working there.

But usually when entering Thailand, the immigration only give us 30 stay.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by BobHelm » July 25, 2015, 11:14 am

So, from your note, I doubt that you are over 50 years old &, as you have a Thai boyfriend, it is doubtful that you are married to a Thai national. :D
If that is the case, then it is doubtful that the Non Imm 'o' visa will be available for you.

Tourist visa plus the extension is probably your easiest option.

clarejad
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by clarejad » July 25, 2015, 11:25 am

Hmm...will there be any problem if I just keep extending my stay? Or do they have max stay. Likewise Singapore foreigner cannot extend more than 2 months.

Pls advise

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by FrazeeDK » July 25, 2015, 11:30 am

Singaporean? ASEAN rules apply. What's different? I'm not sure but they're different from non-ASEAN. Go to the Thai embassy for details.
Dave

BobHelm
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by BobHelm » July 25, 2015, 11:39 am

clarejad wrote:Hmm...will there be any problem if I just keep extending my stay? Or do they have max stay. Likewise Singapore foreigner cannot extend more than 2 months.

Pls advise
If you want to stay 3 months then it is only 1 extension of 30 days. The visa itself lasts for 60 days from arrival. You would then certainly need to physically leave Thailand.

However as FrazeeDK says the rules could be different (easier, not harder) between ASEAN countries.
A phone call or email to the Thai Embassy in Singapore would certainly answer the matter for you.
If & when you do, it would be nice if you reported what they told you back here.
Good luck!!

Barney
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by Barney » July 25, 2015, 11:41 am

Clarejad,

As advised just drop into the Thai embassy at the end of orchard road near the orchard hotel end. They have in the last couple of years built a new place out the back, not directly on orchard road anymore.
They will fix you up
or
if you cant get there go to a travel agent.
Double entry is best, gives you the option to head out and back to another ASEAN country for a tourist look while you are in Thailand.

Zidane
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by Zidane » July 25, 2015, 1:33 pm

clarejad wrote:Hmm...will there be any problem if I just keep extending my stay? Or do they have max stay. Likewise Singapore foreigner cannot extend more than 2 months.

Pls advise
You could do this as a maximum of 90 days stay in Thailand is allowed in a 6 month period. (3 x 30 days).
However,each time you have to show Immigration proof of leaving Thailand when the 30 days is up (ie. air ticket)
Bus ticket,train ticket and open air ticket are not acceptable.
So its a lot of hassle not too mention expense !
I think its best to go down the Tourist visa route....just go to the Thai Consulate on Orchard Road and they will sort out the visa for you,so when you arrive in Thailand you will have no worries.

There was talk of an ASEAN Visa a while back but its not come to fruition,as yet.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

rick
udonmap.com

thailand visa

Post by rick » July 25, 2015, 4:28 pm

Also, if staying in Udon Thani, It is easy to do a day trip to Laos to get a new visa exempt entry or to start a new entry on a 60 day tourist visa multiple entry.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”