Valididty of Embassy Letters re Income

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » September 14, 2015, 7:14 pm

Udon Immigration confirmed today that letters from your Embassy regarding income are valid for six months, however, ( there is always a however), they will not carry over into the next year.

E.G. a letter issued today will be valid for six months but cannot be used after December 31 2015.

Gurgle, Gurgle...

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » September 15, 2015, 4:48 am

That's just plain silly, as my extension is February, and always accepted October's letter. US Embassy does come around in Dec Jan Feb, sometimes, either here or KK. That's cutting it slim though, and if in Dec, they're telling me a month old isn't going to work, as I always extend in Jan.

Just checked, they come to KK on Feb 19, my visa expires on 23rd......... :lol:

For the yanks:
http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outreach.html

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 15, 2015, 5:12 am

As with all things regarding immigration.....what they say and what they do are often two different things. Over the years it's been said that immigration won't accept letters more than 30 days old, or more than 6 months old, or if dated in the year previous to annual extension....etc. The only thing that seems to hold water is the 6 month rule. This time could be different....but I tend to withhold worrying about it until immigration actually institutes a change.
That said.....thanks for the heads up. ACS is coming to Udon in Oct and I'm sure a fair amount of Americans will be obtaining an income statement.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 15, 2015, 6:13 am

I suppose its a matter of interpretation...according to the translation of the memo regarding income verification:
The validity of income verification letter which is issued by the embassy to foreigners should not exceed 6 months from the issuance date.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzabLG ... edit?pli=1

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 15, 2015, 7:21 am

Assuming the 29 May 2013 letter signed by Deputy Commissioner of Immigration is still valid, there's not much left to interpretation (from my amateurish translation).

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 15, 2015, 7:38 am

The situation has never changed, Six months in the current year, after that the need to acquire a new one, the only reason I can think of is the Financial situation may change from one year to another, but that is pure gobbled
gook but it is there way. Sop we have to live with it.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » September 15, 2015, 8:18 am

My extension is renewed the first week in January , it would be impossible not to use an income letter dated the previous year. I suppose i will have to wait and see whats going to happen.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 15, 2015, 8:37 am

my first extension was done in January based on a letter from the embassy the previous October.. My last two I did in December (30 days early and within the 30 day window) not to ensure the letter was in the current year but merely for my convenience.. Based on the issues with Immigration lately, we'll have to see what other bureaucratic hurdles may arise...
Dave

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » September 15, 2015, 9:10 am

Still only 1 month at Chang Khaen Loei

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”