COSTS OF GETTING RETIREMENT VISA FOR 1ST TIME

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 18, 2015, 4:32 pm

Hi
Can you let me know the Immigration charges/costs of obtaining a retirement visa from an O visa for the 1st time please
I will be basing it on pension income so will also appreciate costs of UK Consular fees etc
Many thanks

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 18, 2015, 4:54 pm

First check your UK pension meets the requirements for a Retirement Pension or make sure you have had 800,000 baht in a Thai bank for 3 months.
The cost is 1900 baht for your retirement pension.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 18, 2015, 5:06 pm

Many thanks

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 18, 2015, 6:59 pm

I replied about the cost to renew your extension of your Non O visa.
Please make sure you have all the relevant documents when you apply.
EG. Copy of house book & copy of ID card who is the registered owner of the house you reside at.
Copies of passport & Non O visa & TM card when you entered Thailand.
Please check everything which is required as if something is missing you will only have to make another Journey to Immigration the next day

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 18, 2015, 7:01 pm

Appreciate that

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 18, 2015, 7:18 pm

here's an interesting one, all the questions I see about retirement visas seem to deal with people between the ages of 50-64, but the thai consulate also issues non"o" visas to people 65 and over based on the fact that they receive an official old age pension from the uk. so once your officially a uk pensioner you only need to show you receive a state pension, no need for 800,000 in the bank. heres a bit from the thai consulate in hull.

For Non-O applicants as pensioner who are aged 65 and over, Royal Thai Consulate in Hull UK requires now “Current Account” bank statement showing receipt of monthly State Pension for the last three (3) months (no minimum required)
basically your a pensioner visiting Thailand with no hoops or financial requirements except a uk state pension
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 18, 2015, 8:09 pm

vidmaster wrote:Hi
Can you let me know the Immigration charges/costs of obtaining a retirement visa from an O visa for the 1st time please
I will be basing it on pension income so will also appreciate costs of UK Consular fees etc
Many thanks
The cost of a letter confirming your income by the British Embassy in Bangkok is 2,575 baht if you do the process by post.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » September 18, 2015, 11:27 pm

If You don't want to be in a cage and could not even make a short visit to Vientianne or any other neighboring country whenever You like once You are staying in Udon on an Extension of stay/Permission to stay You will have to buy a Re-Entry Permit (single entry: 1.000 Baht).

Without a Re-Entry Permit Your Extension/Permission would expire should You leave Thailand on a trip abroad.
So the 1.000 Baht are a "typical" yearly expense too.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 19, 2015, 4:24 am

papafarang wrote:here's an interesting one, all the questions I see about retirement visas seem to deal with people between the ages of 50-64, but the thai consulate also issues non"o" visas to people 65 and over based on the fact that they receive an official old age pension from the uk. so once your officially a uk pensioner you only need to show you receive a state pension, no need for 800,000 in the bank. heres a bit from the thai consulate in hull.

For Non-O applicants as pensioner who are aged 65 and over, Royal Thai Consulate in Hull UK requires now “Current Account” bank statement showing receipt of monthly State Pension for the last three (3) months (no minimum required)
basically your a pensioner visiting Thailand with no hoops or financial requirements except a uk state pension
Very interesting but I wonder what immigration would require if you went there for annual renewal?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 19, 2015, 5:00 am

good question, i'm not sure. but seems like you would be applying for a 12 month non"o", on the fact that that you are officially retired in receipt of a government state pension , not actually applying for a retirement visa. i'm only 50 and I get a strait forward 12 month non "o" from laos , the only thing I have to show is a marriage certificate, in fact I can not even get a 3 month visa , they will only issue a 12 month for me.one drawback is I have to cross the boarder every 90 days , mind you it's only 50 km away so it's not a big problem anyway, it's really just a day out, sit by the river, have a nice meal ,sup a few beers, see "what the temp feels like " lol. just guessing but if you had your pension paid directly into a thai bank i.e. Bangkok bank then just show them a current Bangkok bank statement , there you go , 12 month non"o " multiple entry. which or course you can stretch out to 15 months
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » September 19, 2015, 7:10 am

You can only get the 12 month o in the uk when over 65 based on government pension from the thai embassy in london, requires border run every 90 days.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 19, 2015, 7:26 am

Not strictly true, kubotatim.

You can get a non imm. 'o' based on retirement if over 50 years old & receiving a Government pension. For most people that means that you have to be 65, but not all. Ex servicemen, police officers & firefighters can retire before 65 years old & receive a Government pension.
The visa requires that you physically leave Thailand every 90 days & can be multi-entry.

You can also get an OA visa based on retirement if over 50 years old. That lasts for a year without needing to physically leave Thailand. There are income, health & criminal record check requirements to this visa however.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » September 19, 2015, 8:47 am

There website clearly states over 65 so I was correct!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 19, 2015, 9:29 am

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 19, 2015, 1:02 pm

Firstly not saying anybody's wrong but what is required is open to a fair amount of 'interpretation' - some people get it and the next with a different officer does not.

Not absolutely clear, but OP seems to say he has an 'O' visa already and wishes to extend that in Thailand (for 12 months?) based on retirement, and is doing that via pension monthly income. You will need 65,000 baht a month income, or 800,000 baht annually. You can get a form for this from the UK embassy, I think available as a downloaded document if you can print it. Available by post. Proof of income will be letter from Pension provider(s) or other income shown on Bank statements and needs to be sent with form; cost for this document varies depending on exchange rate so check before sending; only Postal orders for the amount accepted. So read the details on the embassy website carefully. Fee at Immigration office 1900 baht, need proof of address (mentioned by another poster) AND 2 photographs passport size. I f leaving the country need exit visa - if leaving 3 or more times a year get a multiple exit re-entry stamp. And do not plan any trips out of the country in the month after applying as actual granting of visa may be delayed for that time (passport gets a stamp telling you when to come back). Do all this, and you should get your visa extension without any problems.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 19, 2015, 6:58 pm

What constitutes << PROOF OF ADDRESS >> ? I live with my TGF, Should my name appear in the House Book ? For my 90 report i always gave her address as my residence.
Thanks.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » September 19, 2015, 7:56 pm

the-monk wrote:What constitutes << PROOF OF ADDRESS >> ? I live with my TGF, Should my name appear in the House Book ? For my 90 report i always gave her address as my residence.Thanks.
At Immigration Office ask for a certificate of residence. Costs are 500 Baht in Udon.
res_cert_001.jpg
Fill out Your particulars and those of TGF. Bring her and her documents along.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 19, 2015, 8:35 pm

the-monk wrote:What constitutes << PROOF OF ADDRESS >> ? I live with my TGF, Should my name appear in the House Book ? For my 90 report i always gave her address as my residence.
Thanks.
I recently did my 90 day report and wasn't ask to provide "proof of address". As far as I know its not a requirement to provide it. In the event immigration does ask, you'll need signed copies of the house owner's house book and national ID.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 19, 2015, 8:39 pm

Many thanks for feedback

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 20, 2015, 7:45 am

rick wrote: Proof of income will be letter from Pension provider(s) or other income shown on Bank statements and needs to be sent with form; cost for this document varies depending on exchange rate so check before sending;.... only Postal orders for the amount accepted. So read the details on the embassy website carefully.
rick,
I always send a bankers draft (cashiers cheque) payable to "British Embassy,Bangkok" for the amount on their website.
Done it for a year or two now and the Embassy have never pulled me up about it. :-k
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”