udonmap.com

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by pipoz4444 » February 16, 2019, 3:31 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 16, 2019, 11:38 am
Better luck this time :? :? :?
Thanks and will see this time :-$

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 17, 2019, 4:20 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 16, 2019, 3:31 pm

pipoz4444
A minor hick-up this morning, but overcome at the Counter with the AD Girl, so they accepted my Application, took my money and told me to come back on Wednesday to collect the Visa. So far it seems to be heading in the right direction. [-o<

pipoz4444

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 17, 2019, 6:04 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 17, 2019, 4:20 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
February 16, 2019, 3:31 pm

pipoz4444
A minor hick-up this morning, but overcome at the Counter with the AD Girl, so they accepted my Application, took my money and told me to come back on Wednesday to collect the Visa. So far it seems to be heading in the right direction. [-o<

pipoz4444
Congrats!

I always expect a hiccup. 555
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 17, 2019, 7:48 pm

Lone Star,

It’s not in my hand (Passport) yet, so I will hold off the celebration [-o< :-#

pipoz4444

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 17, 2019, 8:22 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 1, 2019, 5:17 pm
February 1, 2019, 7:21 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
January 31, 2019, 11:09 pm

It's inevitable that Thai Government will increase their respective Bond/Income amount in the years to come, as incomes rise in Thailand. I am sure it the amount was less than TB 800,000, some 20 years ago. Could be wrong.

pipoz4444
The last change detail is in the amendment it was in 1998 and grandfathered for those who have had an extension continuously since then, over 60's need 200,000 between 55 and 60 need 500,000, off course there are fewer each year who qualifie.

So there is hope that any change could also be grandfathered, though others increases have not been.
That would be nice if the Thai Government "Grandfathered", in a few years time, for those who already have their Visa's granted based on the 800K.

pipoz4444
I remember years ago that the money requirement was 200,000 in a Thai bank. Then it went to 500,000 and now 800,000. I wouldn't be too surprised if it went up again. Those who had the lower amount when they increased the amount were grandfathered in. Some of the old timers are probably still grandfathered.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 17, 2019, 11:22 pm

Hi glalt

Actually today, they (the Thai Embassy) were not too interested in how much I currently have in my Thai Bank, even though I did include a copy of updated Thai Bank book, with my Application.

They were more interested in my last six months of Bank Statements from my local Bank over here, the regular monthly deposit amount (my Salary) and what the Balance is now and if these Statements were Stamped & Signed by the Bank

The hick-up today was that

She said: "Your local Medical Certificate does not talk about your Diseases" :-k :-k

My Reply: I don't have any Diseases :lol: :lol:

Her Reply: Why not it speak about your Leprosy and Elephantiasis :-k :-k :roll:

My Reply: Look at my fingers, I don't have Leprosy and look at my Leg, I don't have Elephantiasis

Her Reply: OK, you come here many times already, give me back your Thai Hospital Medical Certificate (the one they rejected last time)

Then she stapled it to the back of my local Medical Certificate and said "OK now give me QAR 750 (USD 205) please. Thank you and you come Wednesday to collect Visa" =D> =D> =D> Game Over, I think

I quickly paid and almost ran out the door, before she could think of anything else :roll:

pipoz4444

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » February 19, 2019, 6:50 pm

That took some doing Pipoz. My initial marriage visa took some doing, but has been pretty straight forward for the last five years - until now. AUD falling all the time, 40K THB pm now borderline, add the problem of 'no embassy letter' available now, and pension into a Thai bank account only for a couple of months, the situation looks grim. May have to delay construction on the house to use funds for a deposit in a Thai bank temporarily.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 19, 2019, 8:00 pm

ajarnudon wrote:
February 19, 2019, 6:50 pm
That took some doing Pipoz. My initial marriage visa took some doing, but has been pretty straight forward for the last five years - until now. AUD falling all the time, 40K THB pm now borderline, add the problem of 'no embassy letter' available now, and pension into a Thai bank account only for a couple of months, the situation looks grim. May have to delay construction on the house to use funds for a deposit in a Thai bank temporarily.
Hi John,

Yes it took time with the Thai Embassy over here to accept my Application and tomorrow afternoon 3.00 to 4.00 pm is my D Day. That's when I have been told by them to come back and collect the Visa, so my Fingers are crossed, as are my Legs [-o< [-o<

Unfortunately the Australian Dollar has gone downhill at only TB 22.18. I was lucky and cut my ties with the Australian Dollar, back in December 2016 (at 26.30) and then again in January 2018 (at 24.50), and I am so glad I did. I had no confidence in the AUD and just didn't see it heading back up to its Pre 2015 days. Unfortunately for those who are still dependent on the exchange rate of the Australian Dollar, its painful and I can only sympathize. I just can't see it recovering anytime soon.

I thought that once I got my Long Stay Non Immigrant O A Visa, I would immediately start packing up my belongings and very soon after, make the final move to Thailand. \:D/ I had envisaged this would be some time in May 2019. But now I am having second thoughts, as the project over here will run for another 2 + 1/2 years, which means cash.

So I now find myself questioning, when is it an appropriate time to Resign. They will never sack me, that much I am sure of, but I do desperately want to get out of here after 15 years and put my feet up. :-k :-k

Think it was Led Zeppelin who sang "Dazed and Confused" :confused: :confused:

pipoz444

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » February 19, 2019, 9:48 pm

](*,)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 19, 2019, 10:22 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 19, 2019, 8:00 pm

I thought that once I got my Long Stay Non Immigrant O A Visa, I would immediately start packing up my belongings and very soon after, make the final move to Thailand. \:D/ I had envisaged this would be some time in May 2019. But now I am having second thoughts, as the project over here will run for another 2 + 1/2 years, which means cash.

So I now find myself questioning, when is it an appropriate time to Resign. They will never sack me, that much I am sure of, but I do desperately want to get out of here after 15 years and put my feet up. :-k :-k

pipoz444
The point you have to consider, as I also did, is that at the moment you are probably getting the greatest disposable income you ever have so while right now putting your feet up seems to be the absolute best thing to do the real question is will a couple of extra years savings make a significant difference to your final cash retirement pot. If the answer is yes then working on would probably be be something you should think seriously about, if no then is there any point to continuing? For the purposes of calculating you should completely exclude any value of land or house in Thailand.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 20, 2019, 12:33 am

[/quote]

The point you have to consider, as I also did, is that at the moment you are probably getting the greatest disposable income you ever have so while right now putting your feet up seems to be the absolute best thing to do the real question is will a couple of extra years savings make a significant difference to your final cash retirement pot. If the answer is yes then working on would probably be be something you should think seriously about, if no then is there any point to continuing? For the purposes of calculating you should completely exclude any value of land or house in Thailand.
[/quote]

STWW,

Its always been a question of how much one needs to live on and for how long, after one finishes work. Peoples lifestyle expectations vary greatly. That, plus what will be the cost of a loaf of bread on 10 or 20 years time and what one needs to leave to the TG or Wife to make sure that she too has a good lifestyle after you are gone.

The other consideration is that you cant get your years back, so there is a point in time that you need to enjoy your life in Thailand, before you suddenly expire. You cant just work forever and miss the enjoyment opportunity. It would be much easier to calculate if one knew what their expiry date was. :-k :-k

Also if you are self funded after retirement, you cant leave your partner with next to nothing. Its a different case if someone has a Pension which passes on to their wife, after they depart.

So we will just have to see how much is in the spare Cookie jar, when I pull up stumps. :confused: :confused:

I agree with you and I never factor in the value House+Land, Farm & Car, into any of my calculations. My view is, that these Assets are non disposable and will never be sold in my lifetime nor should they need to be sold in hers and they should go to her Daughter for her start in life. Somewhere, in the distant future, say 30 plus years time.

All I can say is, there are a lot of factors to consider when one has to decide what will be his last day of work.

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 20, 2019, 7:34 pm

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Got my Non Immigrant O-A Multiple Visa, today

=D> That's one small step for man, one giant leap for ME =D>

pipoz4444

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » February 20, 2019, 7:44 pm

Woohoo - happy days \:D/ :guitar:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 20, 2019, 7:46 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 20, 2019, 7:34 pm
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Got my Non Immigrant O-A Multiple Visa, today

=D> That's one small step for man, one giant leap for ME =D>

pipoz4444
Congratulations.

Don't forget to try to do an out-in trip 364 days from today and get a multi reentry permit then.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 20, 2019, 8:37 pm

Hi and thanks STWW,

I will activate the Visa when I next do my next trip back to Thailand in May this year

Then I will probably do another trip in and out of Thailand in late July or August, and another in October this year, spending one week there each trip

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 20, 2019, 11:41 pm

:wave:
ajarnudon wrote:
February 20, 2019, 7:44 pm
Woohoo - happy days \:D/ :guitar:
Thanks John,

One more step towards living in Thailand :lol: :lol: :wave:

pipoz4444

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 3, 2019, 9:01 pm

I am coming towards the expiry of my OA Visa (30/6/19) and want to maximise its use. I think I understand but, could someone with experience verify please.

My circumstances are:

- I last entered Thailand in January so, my permission to stay is until January 2020
- I am returning to the UK in May but NOT returning until after expiry of the Visa in June.

I am therefore proposing to leave Thailand to go to Laos or Cambodia before returning to the UK and, will presumably get a new permission to stay until May 2020 giving me a further 4 months (I lose June 2020 but that is unavoidable).

Before leaving for the UK I need to go to immigration and get a re-entry permit.

Correct?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 3, 2019, 10:14 pm

samster wrote:
April 3, 2019, 9:01 pm
I am coming towards the expiry of my OA Visa (30/6/19) and want to maximise its use. I think I understand but, could someone with experience verify please.

My circumstances are:

- I last entered Thailand in January so, my permission to stay is until January 2020
- I am returning to the UK in May but NOT returning until after expiry of the Visa in June.

I am therefore proposing to leave Thailand to go to Laos or Cambodia before returning to the UK and, will presumably get a new permission to stay until May 2020 giving me a further 4 months (I lose June 2020 but that is unavoidable).

Before leaving for the UK I need to go to immigration and get a re-entry permit.

Correct?
Yes.

While your visa is valid you get a 1 year permission to stay each time you enter.
As you are going to be outside Thailand when it expires to keep the last permission to stay you must get a re-entry permit before you leave Thailand.

You can get them if you are exiting via DMK & BKK at both airports,

AFIK you cannot get one if you have a fly though ticket from KKC, certainly you can't get one at KKC, you may be able to at DMK as I think the re-entry desk is after immigration, but not at BKK as it is before.

You would need to find someone who has more experience to see if that can be done.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2019, 8:32 am

If you get a further 12 months permission on your OA by leaving, and returning prior to June 2019, that will determine the expiry of your visa eg leave on 15 May and come back on 16 May, you will get a further 12 months until 15 May 2020, and that will become your expiry date.

Obtaining a re-entry permit prior to going to the UK will enable you to re-enter by 15 May 2020. This is best done at your local immigration office to avoid any last minute hitches.

Bear in mind that you will need to obtain an extension (under whatever criteria) prior to 15 May 2020 to keep that visa "alive".

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”