dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by dunroaming » January 5, 2021, 6:30 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 22, 2020, 11:13 am
tamada wrote:
December 22, 2020, 7:01 am
Great update on procedures, thanks. Makes sense not to test on arrival if they can't easily separate pax on multiple flight arrivals around the same time. The first test in ASQ is good enough IMHO.
He gets a second and final test on day 14 or 15 of his quarantine period.

So only two tests in AQS and then he is paroled :wave: :wave:

His costs all up, including the Covid-19 Test before Departure, Embassy Fees, Flight (Premium Class one way), Medical Insurance and ASQ Hotel, around USD 5,750

But at least we know it is possible to get back at this time, if you wish to endure the process

pipoz4444
Doing the same process now, not Difficult at all just follow the rules, total cost 60000 baht but company pay my flights

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 5, 2021, 8:16 pm

dunroaming wrote:
January 5, 2021, 6:30 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
December 22, 2020, 11:13 am
tamada wrote:
December 22, 2020, 7:01 am
Great update on procedures, thanks. Makes sense not to test on arrival if they can't easily separate pax on multiple flight arrivals around the same time. The first test in ASQ is good enough IMHO.
He gets a second and final test on day 14 or 15 of his quarantine period.

So only two tests in AQS and then he is paroled :wave: :wave:

His costs all up, including the Covid-19 Test before Departure, Embassy Fees, Flight (Premium Class one way), Medical Insurance and ASQ Hotel, around USD 5,750

But at least we know it is possible to get back at this time, if you wish to endure the process

pipoz4444
Doing the same process now, not Difficult at all just follow the rules, total cost 60000 baht but company pay my flights
Likewise with my flights. I intend to go through the process in March 2021, but only plan to stay in Thailand for a week + mandatory quarantine period. I was hoping the Thai end quarantine period might get reduced to 7-10 days by then, but I think with recent events in Thailand, this is now unlikely to happen, so it looks like I will need to suffer the full 15 days, so 22 days off to have 7 day holiday in Thailand. :-k :-k "Bugger"

Whilst I have International Medical through the Company and whilst they will cover Covid-19 when travelling and in Thailand, it is not with an insurance company that is on the Thai Long Stay /Covid-19 approved list, so most likely I will need to go the extra mile and to put my medical PC Insurance policy in place this month, either for a 30 days period or for the full next 12 months.

Too early to do my O or O-A Visa (again) so this time I am just the "Normal Tourist", if there is such a thing anymore. =;

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 8, 2021, 11:42 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 21, 2020, 10:47 pm
Maybe of interest to those planning to venture back to Thailand from overseas, in the next few months.

Have a friend who just got back into Bangkok last Friday, after being stranded/locked out, overseas, for the past 8 1/2 month in ......

He was on an "O" Visa which he converted to a 12 month Retirement visa, just before he got locked out of Thailand. He is now back in the land of smiles, just in time to do his 12 month extension of his Retirement Visa, in mid January 2021.

Yes, he had to buy 12 months of Medical Insurance from one of the Long Stay Insurance Companies (did it on-line), one with specific Covid-19 Cover, (cost him over B 60K), as part of his overall process to get his documentation through the Thai Embassy in ......., so that he could get his Fit to Fly and Certificate of Entry letters from the Thai Embassy. That's because he was going back/travelling on a 12 month Retirement Visa, with the intention to stay another 12 months in Thailand, and he was travelling on a one way ticket from .......... to Thailand.

pipoz4444
Given the experiences of several Farang friends, who have recently returned to Thailand, one on 12 month Retirement visa (based on a Non Imm O Visa), another on a current Non Imm O-A Visa and another currently attempting to return to Thailand on his Non Imm O-Visa, plus a fourth who dropped into Thailand for 4 weeks as a Tourist, with regards to their need to have Medical Insurance in order to re-enter, I decided to go ahead and just buy a 12 months Policy Plan from a notable Thai Insurance Company.

I purchased a Policy Plan with more than USD 100,000 In-Patient Cover + also some Out-Patient Cover + Covid-19 Cover, from one of the preferred/listed Insurers. Hopefully this Policy Plan will allow me to come and go freely to/from Thailand as a Tourist, over the next 18 months, which I intend to do once they ease the AQS time. I also hope that it will work for re-entry to Cambodia and Vietnam in the future. Have to wait and see :-k [-o<

It's purely an individual choice, given I need the freedom to come and go to these three places, in the future. =;

Personally, I think that the requirement for Medical Insurance to re-enter these three Countries, is here to stay for a some time, in some shape of form. I also believe that it will definitely be kept/put in place to some extent, for those

For those Farang's who wish to reside in Thailand long term, it may well be for a lower Amount of Cover (lower than USD 100,000) in the future after the role out of the Covid-19 Vaccination, or even none at all. I may be wrong. Anyway from where I sit, it appears that if one wants to come and go from Thailand relatively freely, then one certainly needs to have some Medical Insurance to re-enter, regardless of what Visa you may be entering Thailand on. I suppose that if you intend to stay bunkered down in Thailand as a Long Stayer, (an not travel outside) you may not need it at all. Who knows :confused: :confused:

Either way, I am not yet 65 years old, and therefore it suited me to take out the Policy now, which was relatively easy to do On-Line, even when I was outside of Thailand. Apparently it t does become more difficult to get the Medical Insurance after you reach 65 from, from what the Insurance Companies told me.

If you wish to know how much it will cost for a 64 year old, with minimal pre-conditions to get Medical Insurance Cover, plus the amount of Cover and who I purchased it from, just PM me and I will send you the details. =P~

"Happy hunting"

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”