800k, When Does Three Month Period Start?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
parrot
udonmap.com

800k, When Does Three Month Period Start?

Post by parrot » October 12, 2019, 6:05 pm

So, an extension is due on 1 Nov, but you renew 30 days prior on 2 Oct. The IO tells you to keep 800k in your account for 3 months. Does the 3 month period start on 1 Nov or on 2 Oct?

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: 800k, When Does Three Month Period Start?

Post by Hoopoe » October 13, 2019, 1:51 am

parrot wrote:
October 12, 2019, 6:05 pm
So, an extension is due on 1 Nov, but you renew 30 days prior on 2 Oct. The IO tells you to keep 800k in your account for 3 months. Does the 3 month period start on 1 Nov or on 2 Oct?
The requirement is 3 months from issue of extension , as far as i'm aware the extension date never changes (except in drop bollock cases were they put the wrong date in ,as in my case ,then charge 1000bht to rectify their mistake ) regardless if you apply 1 month early , so the 3 months requirement would commence 1st November .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 13, 2019, 8:50 am

The 3 month period for seasoning (or 2 months by the new rules, that Udon may not be following) is before the application date.

To be safe the 3 months after (800k) is usually taken to be from the date of the extension (not the date it is granted if that is before). But if your extension is late then it's from the date the extension is given.

However the translation is not absolutely clear, quite possibly the original Thai is equally unclear. Thai IOs can interpret it a little differently
IMG_8500-2.jpeg
It is also not completely clear that Udon immigration is actually enforcing the requirements in the new rules.

So far I haven't seen a posting saying that they are. But of course absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There is one immigration office [that I know of] that is enforcing the new rules and they are giving a report back date on a piece of paper, there may be others.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 13, 2019, 12:08 pm

Udon may not be enforcing it now but since the regs exist it is not beyond possibility that you could come back for your first 90 day after the date of the extension and find they want to see evidence of 800K in the bank for that 3 month period. So, tricksters out there beware.
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 13, 2019, 1:21 pm

'at least 3 months after being granted permission'. Seems clear to me.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 13, 2019, 1:41 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
October 13, 2019, 12:08 pm
Udon may not be enforcing it now but since the regs exist it is not beyond possibility that you could come back for your first 90 day after the date of the extension and find they want to see evidence of 800K in the bank for that 3 month period. So, tricksters out there beware.
So far any need to report back with proof of money in the bank has been made extremely clear by Udon IOs and by IOs in other offices.

Up to now the 90 day report desks have had nothing to do with financial reporting. Since you can also do the 90 day report online people may not be going into immigration at that time anyway.

I think that, though of course what you suggest could happen, the chance is vanishingly small.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 13, 2019, 1:56 pm

parrot wrote:
October 13, 2019, 1:21 pm
'at least 3 months after being granted permission'. Seems clear to me.
The words at least in the new rule mean that it can easily be interpreted to be 3 months into the new extension.

However, as I mentioned before, at the moment it's academic as I haven't heard a report of anyone extending in the Udon area being required to report.

I don't know if those in a different immigration area who have been required to report said which date was relevant. I didn't read those reports carefully as they didn't apply to me or in Udon. If you want to research the matter the reports are on thaivisa and at least 2 people have posted pictures of the report document including the report date.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”