Udon immigration, not busy!

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Udon immigration, not busy!

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 30, 2022, 12:15 pm

200 Baht all up for both documents. This year and last the statements were for 12 months done in a few minutes. It was last year when I fronted up to Imm with just the Statement and was told to go back for the letter (WTF!!!!) so got both straight off this year.

Have no idea why some banks need 5 days for something that is sitting right in front of their lazy faces!!!

I can get a full year statement off my KBank Internet site at any time but it's not certified.

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 30, 2022, 12:43 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 30, 2022, 12:15 pm

Have no idea why some banks need 5 days for something that is sitting right in front of their lazy faces!!!
Because it isn’t there. The local branches do not have the details for 1 year only 6 months.
Just because K-Bank computers are setup to show 1 year means nothing for other banks.

So lazy? No. Systems aren’t setup for the full year..
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 30, 2022, 1:07 pm

So, why aren't the Computer Systems set up so that a branch can access Account history prior to 6 months?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 30, 2022, 5:20 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
June 30, 2022, 1:07 pm
So, why aren't the Computer Systems set up so that a branch can access Account history prior to 6 months?
OK Because the LAZY useless IT pricks have no idea how to do something so simple! Often amazed why so called, intelligent, Farang persist with the Bangkok Bank etc.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 30, 2022, 7:05 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 30, 2022, 5:20 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
OK Because the LAZY useless IT pricks have no idea how to do something so simple! Often amazed why so called, intelligent, Farang persist with the Bangkok Bank etc.
Yeh, I'm intrigued, so how does the information eventually turn up at the branch, by post, carrier pigeon?
The information is held somewhere on a computer, so not hard to make the information available at the touch of a button.
I don't see any advantage the Banks could gain by delaying a statement, they obviously have the technology to do it.
You could be right Mr Dero, Lazy.
I'm sure Woody will have an answer.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 30, 2022, 8:30 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
That is a question for the bank IT systems, since I have no insight into the difficulties or ease of producing them you should ask someone who can give you an answer.

My speculation is that until immigration started requiring more than 6 months detailed statements there was no significant demand for a longer period. Even now here are vey few customers (by percentage) who actually require the 1 year statement in relation to the total number of bank customers

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2022, 8:36 pm

It is what it is. Deal with it.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 30, 2022, 11:06 pm

It's ****** paradise! Yeah, Deal with it. So what if the Thai banking system is set up like its the1950s. This is the best place ever! Go back to your country if you don't like it! A week to get a simple printout is nothing! When they used to chisel these things out of stone, it could take years. Never mind immigration demands the printout be dated and certified the same day as your application.

This is great!
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 1, 2022, 6:42 am

tamada wrote:
June 30, 2022, 8:36 pm
It is what it is. Deal with it.
Yesssirrr
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (8.41 KiB) Viewed 3437 times

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 1, 2022, 7:42 am

Personally, I wouldn't like any banking dogsbody to have access to my bank account details so they could see the mega squillions I have silted away.

STWW hit the nail on the head. Since only a finite amount of foreigners need this once a year, it's hardly worth the bank's time and money to facilitate some automated, downloadable online account info. There's just not that many of us and the number is falling year on year (which is a good thing).

OK, so Kasikorn can do it? Go open an account with them.

I'm more concerned about what's for lunch
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 1, 2022, 8:26 am

I'm more in line with profit is profit.

2018 80k plus Expats on retirement visas. Maybe 5k using Bangkok Bank (low balling it) and paying the 200 baht for print out of a 12 month statement.

Minus 100 baht for printing and mailing, 500k baht in profit.

Don't see any major security concerns with bank branches having 12 months of data vs 6 months, as pretty sure the vast majority of accounts 6 months of data will reflect 12 months of data.
* ooopppsss, maybe 1 security concern would be inactivity of account. If account shows no activity for over a year, then it may become a target for criminal activity.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 1, 2022, 11:45 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
I rest my case:-

https://aseannow.com/topic/1264597-foll ... -fail-too/

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 1, 2022, 1:35 pm

Mosquito wrote:
July 1, 2022, 8:26 am
I'm more in line with profit is profit.

2018 80k plus Expats on retirement visas. Maybe 5k using Bangkok Bank (low balling it) and paying the 200 baht for print out of a 12 month statement.

Minus 100 baht for printing and mailing, 500k baht in profit.

Don't see any major security concerns with bank branches having 12 months of data vs 6 months, as pretty sure the vast majority of accounts 6 months of data will reflect 12 months of data.
* ooopppsss, maybe 1 security concern would be inactivity of account. If account shows no activity for over a year, then it may become a target for criminal activity.
Incorrect information. The statement cost is 100 baht. The bank letter is 100 baht

Of the 80K expats deduct the ones who are not USA UK and Australian using the income method as they use embassy letters.

So even if your numbers were correct that would be 250K profit (an extremely debatable number) and the cost to revise, test, and certify changes to the banking software would more than wipe that out for years.

You are raising a spectre of security that is new and irrelevant AFAICS.

Your sentence “the vast majority of accounts 6 months of data will reflect 12 months of data.” may have been intended to have meaning, regrettably as written it has none.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 1, 2022, 6:37 pm

Sorry, yes 100 baht.

Concur with cost there might only be a 20 baht profit per person, so maybe 100k in profit a year. However, did post profit is profit.

5k estimate was a low ball considering majority of factors. Including 2020 20K+ US, 40K+ UK and 20K+ Aussie. 5k a reasonable # taking into account other means of meeting requirements that don't require a 12 month bank statement.

On vast majority of accounts did prefix "pretty sure." Pretty sure, those requiring the 12 month statement will have a FFT monthly that would meet the income requirement and usage of funds in country.
Yes, bit of a stretch on my part.

And on irrelevant security concern. Yea, most likely/pretty sure it's not a concern for majority of expats. However (always a however), inactive/dead bank accounts are low hanging fruit for bank employees.

Google Search.
One of the most susceptible areas for fraud in a bank, or financial institution, is the dormant deposit account. Dormant accounts are generally a deposit account that has been inactive for a period of time, or an account for which contact with the account holder has been lost.May 31, 2562 BE

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 2, 2022, 7:08 am

Think your on the right track Mr Mozzi, Bangkok Bank, 17,000,000 customers including Thais, All the borrowing that goes on over here proof of earnings could be a reason to request a Statement over 6 months old.
It's highly unlikely that a Computer Program would be designed to retrieve 6 month, 12 month or any other date Statement from the same Database using different Software. This scenario would have been factored in at the planning stage of the program development. Unless it was a planned hurdle to keep the info away from the branches to enable a charge to be levied.
Then of course, do Thai's have to pay to have Statements printed.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » July 2, 2022, 9:46 am

Has anyone been approved for the monthly income method in lieu or the 800000 or 400000 K Bank balance?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 2, 2022, 10:09 am

colt1911 wrote:
July 2, 2022, 9:46 am
Has anyone been approved for the monthly income method in lieu or the 800000 or 400000 K Bank balance?
yes, no problems as long as you keep all records, show monies going out of O/S bank, going to Wise (or equivalent) and arriving in Thai account
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2022, 11:41 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
July 1, 2022, 11:45 am
Bandung_Dero wrote:
I rest my case:-

https://aseannow.com/topic/1264597-foll ... -fail-too/
So 3 Thai banks had short mobile banking app outages is indicative of what?

Google the famous NatWest/Royal Bank of Scotland TOTAL banking outage. I think it was back around 2019. That went on for almost 10 days with ATM's, standing orders and direct debits all locked out and not just online access. They also had shorter, less disruptive outages in October last year and again just this past March.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”