Renew marriage visa

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Renew marriage visa

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 7, 2023, 8:30 am

ladda3904 wrote:
February 7, 2023, 7:18 am
I also went Monday. The cue was long. Other than the long wait no problems. I did not print the TM7 front and back on one sheet. Mine was 2 sheets. That was not acceptable to them.
Sorry, that is a known requirement

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 7, 2023, 1:40 pm

mackayae wrote:
February 3, 2023, 8:29 am
I renewed my 1 year extension early and they dated it 12 months from that date. This is the second year they have done that. The previous 25 years my expiration date never changed no matter what day I renewed the extension. Does anyone know what the official policy is?
Just my pennys worth , they did this with i some years ago , i questioned it , they stated it doesnt matter only 15 days different , two year later i get extorted 1000 bht for having the incorrect date on my extension of stay ,hey ho red ink pen job done ,
but in your case over 25 years there have recently been little changes , now expiry of passport means extension of stay expires , were as in the past it was carried on into your new passport ,thats just one , there are others but can't be arsed searching , as now i've learned it all depends on the day and the interpretation by the officer sat infront of you ,

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » February 9, 2023, 8:27 am

Yesterday I went to get my latest Tor Ror 2 form. Much to my surprise the form automatically updated to my new passport number. Which begs the question, if something like that can be done automatically why does it take immigration 30 minutes to manually input the same information every year when doing my marriage extension?

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » February 10, 2023, 7:28 am

Galee wrote:
February 9, 2023, 8:27 am
Yesterday I went to get my latest Tor Ror 2 form. Much to my surprise the form automatically updated to my new passport number. Which begs the question, if something like that can be done automatically why does it take immigration 30 minutes to manually input the same information every year when doing my marriage extension?
I thought exactly the same..

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » February 10, 2023, 9:19 am

What is the Kor Ror 2.? If this is the Kor Ror 2 affirming your marriage why is your passport number attached? When I go to the Amphur for this they only ask my wife for her Thai ID.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » February 10, 2023, 9:20 am

Meant to ask what is the Tor Ror w?

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » February 10, 2023, 9:21 am

Once more Tor Ror 2.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 10, 2023, 1:34 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
February 10, 2023, 9:21 am
Once more Tor Ror 2.
Probably a typo.

The marriage registration database extract is the Kor Ror 2
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 11, 2023, 4:29 pm

This morning my marriage visa was approved by Immigration. About two weeks ago, we went to get assistance on what was needed so we would be prepared. The officials were very helpful and friendly. Consequently, after going to a sub-branch of my bank this morning to get the bank manager's confirmation that I have had 400,000 in the bank for two months, it was off to the Baw Kaw Saw (bus terminal) in Khon Kaen where Immigration is located. My bank branch is in Central Plaza and does not open until 10:30. Again the policeman and the government clerk were friendly and efficient. We paid 2,000 baht for the visa, and got the 100 baht in change.

At the same time, my 90-day visa was extended for a month since the expiry date happens during Songkran.

I was a bit surprised because I thought the Government would want 800,000 baht in the bank for the initial application.

Anyway, it is cause for celebration, which for me means two dark chocolate magnum ice-cream bars from Seven, and roast duck for the three of us tonight at Ton Tann market.

Tomorrow it is off to Panna Nikom in Sakon for a few days to celebrate the New Year.

I forgot to ask Immigration if I can deposit the 400,000 baht in a term deposit or not.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 11, 2023, 5:42 pm

Nice story, congratulations
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 11, 2023, 5:54 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 11, 2023, 5:42 pm
Nice story, congratulations
Thanks.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 11, 2023, 9:04 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 11, 2023, 4:29 pm
This morning my marriage visa was approved by Immigration. About two weeks ago, we went to get assistance on what was needed so we would be prepared. The officials were very helpful and friendly. Consequently, after going to a sub-branch of my bank this morning to get the bank manager's confirmation that I have had 400,000 in the bank for two months, it was off to the Baw Kaw Saw (bus terminal) in Khon Kaen where Immigration is located. My bank branch is in Central Plaza and does not open until 10:30. Again the policeman and the government clerk were friendly and efficient. We paid 2,000 baht for the visa, and got the 100 baht in change.

At the same time, my 90-day visa was extended for a month since the expiry date happens during Songkran.

I was a bit surprised because I thought the Government would want 800,000 baht in the bank for the initial application.

I forgot to ask Immigration if I can deposit the 400,000 baht in a term deposit or not.
It is a little difficult to understand exactly what you mean by the report. Because you say “This morning my marriage visa was approved by Immigration” and then “At the same time, my 90-day visa was extended for a month since the expiry date happens during Songkran” and also “I was a bit surprised because I thought the Government would want 800,000 baht in the bank for the initial application”

While immigration can issue visas there is no requirement for any funds to be seasoned for this and the fee is ฿2,000

Most likely you got an extension of stay (an extension of stay is not a visa) fee is ฿1,900

Then you say your visa was extended. Immigration never extends visas and you say that your visa was also approved so your naming is confused, I can guess at the meaning but it isn’t what was written.

Your thinking that you would need 800,000 baht in the bank for the initial application only applies to retirement extensions

Yes you can deposit the 400,000 baht in a term deposit as long as it permits instant withdrawal (you will loose the interest in this case) my money has been on deposit for a bit under 4 years with a reasonable interest rate.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 12, 2023, 8:40 am

Thanks for the advice about the term deposit, and other stuff. I don't remember mentioning a report. The main thing is I have the marriage visa for a year, and I don't have to re-apply for the 90-day thing until May 16th. Life is good. Now we are off to Panna Nikom for the New Year.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 12, 2023, 9:00 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 12, 2023, 8:40 am
Thanks for the advice about the term deposit, and other stuff.
you are welcome
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

I don't remember mentioning a report.
I used the word report as synonymous to post, they are identical in meaning
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

The main thing is I have the marriage visa for a year,
You have no Visa you do have an extension of stay, they are not the same and there are important differences between them
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

and I don't have to re-apply for the 90-day thing until May 16th.
The “90-day thing” is the standard 90 day report that every non Thai citizen (I’m not sure about PR) must make. It can be done online or in person
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Life is good. Now we are off to Panna Nikom for the New Year.
Have fun

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 18, 2023, 10:01 am

New Year was fun. We came back on the 15th. It took 4 hours to travel from Panna Nikhom to Khon Kaen, and another four hours to travel two blocks in Central Khon Kaen.

Yes, you are correct. I will find out if the marriage visa is approved or not on May 16th. That date and explanation is stamped in my passport and acts as an extension of stay on the Non O visa. I will have to renew the 90-day on May 16th.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » April 18, 2023, 11:56 am

A question about marriage visa. I read on another forum about a guy getting divorced who was visited just seven days after by the BMW team who informed him he was on overstay as his visa was now void and was being fined 20,000 bht and deported, he thinks his neighbours shopped him, but regardless how they knew I was surprised by the swiftness of the decision to cancel his visa, which started me thinking, how about if one of us was unlucky enough to have our wife die, would we be subjected to such swift action ?Not even enough time to arrange the funeral and how about the one year allowed to sell the house which would have been in her name .I know most of us would be eligible for retirement visa but not many would have the 800,000 in hand required. certainly not until the house was sold and that doesn't happen overnight .I can't find anything online about spouse's death, does anyone know.? I can't persuade the wife to ask in immigration she just tells me not to be silly as I am considerably older than her and she's not going before me. :-"
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 18, 2023, 12:06 pm

Grumpy it did happen to a friend about 5 years back. Immigration were reasonable, game him a three month visa and allowed him to stablise his situation no threats, no fines
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 18, 2023, 12:09 pm

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 18, 2023, 12:15 pm

Or call immigration yourself

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 18, 2023, 12:50 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 18, 2023, 10:01 am
I will find out if the marriage visa is approved or not on May 16th.
You do not have a visa so it can not be approved.

You have applied for an extension of stay. It is not a visa. I have never heard of an extension being refused once accepted, some people have been asked for more documentation.
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

That date and explanation is stamped in my passport and acts as an extension of stay on the Non O visa.
You do not have a visa so it can not be extended.

You have an under consideration stamp it is not a visa, it will never be a visa you will get an extension of stay in the middle of May

While you have the under consideration stamped in your passport you are correct in that it is considered to be similar to an extension of stay but it also has different rules. One is that if immigration has not given the approval by the stamped date you are not on overstay, another is that if immigration tells you that your extension is not ready you do not get a second stamp you are just told when to come back
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

I will have to renew the 90-day on May 16th.
That is a report not a renewal and every 90 days in person or online.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”