Australian Passport Renewal from Overseas

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Australian Passport Renewal from Overseas

Post by pipoz4444 » April 4, 2022, 9:48 pm

Am going through the renewal process of my Australian Passport whilst being overseas

Must say the Australian Embassy where I am, was excellent, very helpful =D> =D>

Have 10.5 months left on my 10 Year Oz Passport and its starting to look shabby. But given the need for me to zip between certain Countries and with most of those Countries now requiring that you have at least six months left on your Passport, before they will let you enter their Country, I thought it was time to Renew.

COST: Let's start with the cost of renewing a 10 Year Passport, whilst Overseas. Total around $ 434.50 AUS. Receipt break up, says
Ordinary Passport $ 300
Overseas Processing $ 134.50

No GST?? :D :D

PROCESS TIME: Allow six weeks to get one. When you enter the "Online Portal" and after the "Create your Account", it will tell you that the Option of expediting or fast tracking the Passport Process Time", is only available to those living within Australia and not to those processing passports from Overseas. So allow for six weeks processing time, if you are in my neck of the woods.

Extract from Link Page 1: "To get a new passport for a child, follow the full child application process using our online portal, or pick up the ‘Application for an Australian Passport - Child’ from a participating Australia Post outlet(link is external). If you are outside Australia, contact your nearest Australian diplomatic or consular mission(link is external).

OnLine Portal: It is relatively easy to navigate, after you create your Account and at the end of it you only need to print a Single Page. Whist you enter a bit more information/details during the completion of the OnLine Portal, all that the Single Page print out shows is,
1.Existing Passport Number and Expiry Date
2.Applicants full Name and Address
3.Applicants Contact Details - Phone and Email
4.Place/City of Birth and Date of Birth etc.
5.Emergency Contact Name, Address and Phone Number (No need for him or her to sign)

All that you need to lodge (at the nearest Australian Consulate) is that Single Page with two Photos, a copy of your old Passport Front Page and a copy of Original Birth Certificate (not an Extract). \:D/

PHOTOS: There is a photo guide page that you can download on line. Basically photos need to be 35-40mm wide x 45-50mm high from neck up, light grey background and with no glasses. Link: https://www.passports.gov.au/getting-pa ... guidelines 8-[

The Link below is to the Renewal site
https://www.passports.gov.au/getting-pa ... rt-renewal

Hope this helps someone, sometime \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Passport Renewal from Overseas

Post by bluejets » April 5, 2022, 6:41 am

a copy of Original Birth Certificate

This always amuses me....one has to have it to get the original passport to begin with.
Had the same after the floods here in 2013 made my passport a bit raggedy looking, still worked electronically and everything still legible but no........

Wonder what one gets for "overseas processing" ......must be expensive phone calls or internet where they are.
It's one of those things one will never know or be able to find out.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”