Changing Birthcertificate

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
Thunder

Changing Birthcertificate

Post by Thunder » August 15, 2022, 1:07 am

I have a kid in thailand. But my woman father and a other man did it wrong it amphur. They write the other man as the father of my kid. The man could get some security money from his company. So my problem is do anybody know how we can change this - So im the father also in birtcertificate. My woman in thailand is not married. This give us problem. I was thinking to go to the embassey so the kid can also get my citenship.(in my countru its alowd to have dubbel citenship) To fix that we need birtcertificat that im the father. I know im the father. Now her first kid can travel quicker/easer to my country that the kid im father too becaus the father to her first kid is dead. I say thanks for all help.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Changing Birthcertificate

Post by FrazeeDK » August 15, 2022, 2:58 pm

don't know how your country does it. The US really doesn't seem to worry about what a birth certrificate says. If you claim paternity they've got an approved DNA testing facility you can go to. If you test as the bilogical father you can claim the kid as a US citizen born abroad, do the paperwork and obtain citizenship and a passport for the kid..
Dave

Thunder

Post by Thunder » August 15, 2022, 3:39 pm

Yes dave i have thinking on dna test. My country only demand birtcertificate- no need for dna test to get my country citenship to my kid.. But with my problem this can be the help to fix it. but i hope they can fix it in amphur. If we have not this problem it has been easy to get citenship for my kid. Only to take the birthcertificat and translated , and aproving with thai goverment ,

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » August 15, 2022, 6:44 pm

Crikey sounds like a can of worms. Good luck Thunder.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 15, 2022, 8:14 pm

From other forums, getting a change on a Thai birth certificate once it's issued is well nigh impossible. It's very common for the locals to drop a sprog at the hospital but haven't got all the details for the nurse or clerk at the hospital who's responsible for filing birth records to do her job properly. I recall reading this has to be done within a finite time of being hatched so it gets rushed. This isn't just those poor tykes with farang dads either. An untrained or bolshy hospital "registrar" will bully the mum or relatives that she must have someone's name for the father and his ID card number. Hence some kids have their older brother, a cousin, a neighbor or even the guy who drove the mum to the hospital listed as father. It's quite bizarre but I guess in bahn nawk where everyone knows everyone else, it's not seen as a big issue.

I know that on both of my lads arrivals at different hospitals, they were very, very antsy about how my name was translated into Thai as well as making sure that the new-born's farang names were also translated correctly and not some half-deaf old Thai biddy with a bad attitude writing down in Thai what she thought it sounded like. What's on the birth certificate is what follows one through life here so it's strange that sometimes they can be so cavalier about this.

Outside of the DNA test that the US Embassy accepts, the OP if not American, would need to check if his embassy accepts DNA tests. There is a legal procedure to get oneself declared as the parent or guardian of a step-child or an adopted child but not sure if it can be used where a child already has a birth certificate with someone else registered as the father, mistakenly or otherwise.

Lawyer up!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Thunder

Post by Thunder » August 16, 2022, 3:15 am

This withe the birth certificate do evrything more complicatiate. My country accept birthcertificate no need for dna. So before a discovere this with the birthcertificate everything was easy. Now its dificult . I hope amphur can chang this. But if not DNA can mybe do it. And now its also more difficult for my kit to visit me with her mother in my country. Now we need a consenus from this father on the birthcertificate.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 16, 2022, 3:20 pm

Is the "father" still around ie with the mother?

If not, you can get a document from the Amphur which will allow the child to travel. I did this for my Thai stepson, whose father had long since scarpered. It was a requirement from the Australian Embassy.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » August 16, 2022, 11:12 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 16, 2022, 3:20 pm
Is the "father" still around ie with the mother?

If not, you can get a document from the Amphur which will allow the child to travel. I did this for my Thai stepson, whose father had long since scarpered. It was a requirement from the Australian Embassy.
Thank you for that tip. I have thinking alot. I think i will do it this way. I will contact my country embassy and say that its a problem with the birthcertificat to my kids. And ask if i can prove that im the father to the kid with DNA. And also ask if this is enough for my kid to get citensship. I was litle stupid that a tell my sister of this. She say this is smelling not good -im sorry for my english. So when i take a DNA test- this can also be good for the mistrust to my sister about this. I think this with the birtcertificat is only becaus they want more money - easy way to get money. But i dont understand this that my lady father could say yes to this. I said to my lady he know that i was the father - .. but this is asia-. In my country we dont do this - i think they dont show me any respekt. But But I think it will be a DNA test when i come down to thailand,

Return to “Thailand Law”