Prohibited work by foreigners in Thailand

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Prohibited work by foreigners in Thailand

Post by BKKSTAN » January 17, 2007, 10:47 am

:) Here is a list of types of work prohibited to foreigners.Thought it might be of interest to some!
Under Thai Law BE2522 foreigners are prohibited to engage in any of the following. It should be noted that the law does NOT define work as doing something in return for financial reward.

Manual work.

Work in agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry or fishing excluding specialized work in each particular branch or farm supervision.

Bricklaying, carpentry or other construction works.

Woodcarving.

Driving a mechanically propelled carrier or driving a non-mechanically propelled vehicle, excluding international aircraft piloting.

Shop attending.

Auction

Supervising, auditing or giving services in accounting excluding internal auditing on occasions.

Cutting or polishing jewellery.

Haircutting, hairdressing or beauty treatment.

Cloth weaving by hand.

Weaving of mats or making products from reeds, rattan, hemp, straw or bamboo.

Making of Sa paper by hand.

Lacquerware making.

Making of Thai musical instruments.

Nielloware making.

Making of products from gold, silver or gold-copper alloy.

Bronzeware making.

Making of Thai dolls.

Making of mattresses or quilt blankets.

Alms bowl casting.

Making of silk products by hand.

Casting of Buddha images.

Knife making.

Making of paper or cloth umbrellas.

Shoemaking.

Hat making.

Brokerage or agency excluding brokerage or agency in international trade business.

Engineering work in a civil engineering branch concerning designing and calculation, organization, research, planning, testing, construction supervision or advising excluding specialized work.

Architectural work concerning designing, drawing of plans, estimating, construction directing or advising.

Garment making.

Pottery or ceramic ware making.

Cigarette making by hand.

Guide or conducting sightseeing tours.

Street vending.

Typesetting of Thai characters by hand.

Drawing and twisting silk thread by hand.

Office or secretarial work.

Legal or lawsuit services.

Source: Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.

ntvillas2
udonmap.com

Post by ntvillas2 » January 17, 2007, 11:04 am

what do you expect from Thailand. then again who is stupid Enough to work for under $10 per day
ntvillas-com

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » January 17, 2007, 11:55 am

ntvillas2 wrote:what do you expect from Thailand. then again who is stupid Enough to work for under $10 per day
Over half of the working population of the world have to work for less than that and have little or no opportunity to improve their lot.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 17, 2007, 12:05 pm

I think that most Thais not of Chinese ancestry work for less than $10 a day with a ''snowball in hell'' chance of improving their lot!

oldfield

Post by oldfield » January 17, 2007, 12:08 pm

ntvillas2 wrote:what do you expect from Thailand. then again who is stupid Enough to work for under $10 per day
I think that is a stupid thing to say. Some people don't have much choice - if they have to work to earn 10 bucks a day just to put food on the table doesn't make them 'stupid'.

I guess nt villa's doesn't employ staff for less than 10$ a day right?

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 17, 2007, 12:10 pm

Doesn't mention "bar tending" or does that come under "shop attending"........

Think I'll open a bar and apply for a work permit...................lol

ttom
udonmap.com

Latest pay rise

Post by ttom » January 17, 2007, 5:13 pm

Minimum wages have regionally just been raised by 5 TBT up to = 150 TBT = USD 4.05 for Loei and Udon Thani fur full time employemt, 8 hours work (at least). No frills like heath insurande, pensions plans etc.

Most people do not even earn that much since most Thai employers pay less. No all jobs are full time.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 17, 2007, 10:29 pm

[quote="ntvillas2"]what do you expect from Thailand. then again who is stupid Enough to work for under $10 per day[/quote

God forbid those 'stupid' people who do volunteer work also - and work for nothing - because it makes them have a good feeling inside their heart.They are really really stupid then aren't they

Over to you Mr ntvillas2 !!!

Mobaan
udonmap.com

Post by Mobaan » March 17, 2007, 9:19 pm

Last week at the law seminar at the Karin Hotel , sponsored by the Bangkok Attorney General I asked specifically if falangs could borrow money to Thai ( a rather frequent request in the villages ) .
The answer was a quick and clear "YES" ,as long as you do not charge more than 15 % per year in interest . However that addition was made with a broad smile on his face and the remark "but you know Thailand!!!".
Go figure -with 15 % return on my money invested I could make a comfortable living in Thailand -if I would be able to indeed collect .

ntvillas2
udonmap.com

Post by ntvillas2 » March 17, 2007, 9:36 pm

Thailand Wont Offer you a Chance to do what you do Best. i build for 35 years and could learn them well in a school. but you would not get permit to teach. Thailand needs only to spend a Small amount on Teaching and learn them the proper Way.
i pay now 250 per day and they are happy so its What they want.
Its a shame Udon is not got the prices like Bkk For property sales. Then i could make loads money.
Mobaan 5% is The best i have has yet so 15% would be great
ntvillas-com

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » March 17, 2007, 11:41 pm

with a broad smile on his face and the remark "but you know Thailand!!!"
I think he means that you would be lucky if you will get only 15% of the borrowed money back :D

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » March 18, 2007, 2:42 am

ntvillas2 wrote:Thailand Wont Offer you a Chance to do what you do Best. i build for 35 years and could learn them well in a school. but you would not get permit to teach. Thailand needs only to spend a Small amount on Teaching and learn them the proper Way.
I do hate to say it - but I do detect a bit of arrogance and a pompous Pommie attitude in your posts of late.

But, to be fair, I shall wait until later in the morning to respond to you comprehensively...
Ain't Easy Being Me

Harry1534
udonmap.com

Post by Harry1534 » March 18, 2007, 10:37 am

"Thailand Wont Offer you a Chance to do what you do Best. i build for 35 years and could learn them well in a school. but you would not get permit to teach. Thailand needs only to spend a Small amount on Teaching and learn them the proper Way."

Is it just me?? :?
Life's a beach.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » March 18, 2007, 10:52 am

Harry1534 wrote:"Thailand Wont Offer you a Chance to do what you do Best. i build for 35 years and could learn them well in a school. but you would not get permit to teach. Thailand needs only to spend a Small amount on Teaching and learn them the proper Way."

Is it just me?? :?
:lol: :lol: What?You don't want to ''learn them :lol:

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » March 18, 2007, 11:05 am

[quote="ntvillas2"]
Thailand Wont Offer you a Chance to do what you do Best. i build for 35 years and could learn them well in a school. but you would not get permit to teach. Thailand needs only to spend a Small amount on Teaching and learn them the proper Way.

Wow, I can't imagine why anyone would deny ntvillas2 an opportunity to "learn them well". With such an articulate vocabluary, I should imagine the Thai's in position to employ, would be qued up at ntvillas2's door.

For ntvillas2, your eloquent and expressive asbility to communicate appears to be exceeded only by your arrogance. [-X

johnwills
udonmap.com

Post by johnwills » March 18, 2007, 3:07 pm

I understand (just) what ntvillas2 is saying about not wanting to make use of skills that we have. There does also seem to be a reluctance to ask outsiders for help/guidance on how to improve things.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » March 18, 2007, 3:13 pm

johnwills wrote:There does also seem to be a reluctance to ask outsiders for help/guidance on how to improve things.
Could it be that the Thais believe that if it isn't broke - don't fix it?
Ain't Easy Being Me

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » March 18, 2007, 4:38 pm

Your wrong Doc. :lol: :lol: If we don't teach these poor folks how to do it our way, we will be tarred and feathered. :roll:

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » March 18, 2007, 4:52 pm

Sounds like one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations. :lol:

For me - I shall continue to leave them to their own devices and risk being tarred and feathered. :lol:
Ain't Easy Being Me

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » March 18, 2007, 7:26 pm

Some people want a house built for a million baht or so, (15,000 UK pounds or aprox. 30,000 US$) and then complain when it isn't up to Western standards

Go figure !

Return to “Thailand Law”