future child care

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
maaka
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by maaka » October 31, 2015, 7:37 am

I bankrolled in the main a new wee house for the girlfriend and her wor10yr old son...the rest of the family are lazy drunks and when she dies she worries that none of them will look after her son...how can a farang such as me take over that role when we are mere quests in this land........adoption...what

fatbob
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by fatbob » October 31, 2015, 8:00 am

Both of you should make wills leaving the house and anything else to him, if he is ten now and you are good for another fifteen years he will be 25 and set up financially, keep him off the booze and away from the bellends.
The trouble with rural Issan is Lao Cao, 80% of all males seem to get pi--ed 7 days a week 24 hours a day, if I was in power I would seriously ban it, it is poison, the backbone of these community's are the females. I get the same from my family, 8 brothers, all drunks, no wives or children, ages from 53 to 36, 2 now dead from lao cao and it wont be long till more fall over, any organised functions in the village are dominated by these moronic useless dicks. rant over, I know what your saying.

maaka
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by maaka » October 31, 2015, 6:54 pm

thanks Coxo,
yes she had never heard of a Will, or what it does..
am trying to set it up so the boy keeps the land, and house should mama die, but its insurance money she fears the drunk sisters will try and nab...I said I will cater for the boy, but not being his dad or adopted or married at this stage makes me wonder how I will do it, so just batting it around here..

no where your coming from re the Lao and rural families

Stantheman
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by Stantheman » October 31, 2015, 10:53 pm

You might look into adoption, but will require approval of boys father if still alive. Did for my daughter but in the U.S.

GT93
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by GT93 » November 1, 2015, 10:28 am

This thread interests me too maaka. If you don't die with the Mrs. all is OK. Just keep up the usual support to the family.

One concern I have is that it takes ages in administering an estate in farangland for the dollars to get distributed if the farang kicks the bucket. I'm thinking I need to lend say about US $10,000 to my brother and say if I cark it use this to keep the Mrs. happy until my estate gets sorted. My brother has more moola than he needs and should be fine on this. The pain would be if he passes on before me or shortly after I kick the bucket.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

maaka
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by maaka » November 1, 2015, 1:27 pm

yes the boys father died when the boy was one...fell in a drain drunk at night and drowned..he tells all his little mates I am his father..I will dig into the Will and adoption matters, and attend also GT to instruct my own son to provide for the pair out of my estate when I keel over..

is adoption easy here, and how can one stay on in Thailand if mama dies and son is adopted, or do you have to leave the country..

mortsyn
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by mortsyn » April 15, 2016, 11:00 am

If you adopted him and he is underage with Thai passport you can stay on a similar visa/extension as you can do with Thai wife. If you over 50 you can you retirement visa/extension.

rick
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by rick » April 15, 2016, 12:44 pm

if you want to adopt, you would need to get formally married at Amphoe first, if not planned already.

maaka
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by maaka » April 15, 2016, 1:33 pm

oh darn, the M word.....trying to shy away from that if possible...

Barney
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by Barney » April 15, 2016, 2:51 pm

maaka you have certainly opened a suitcase full of questions that I would imagine many of us are in that same scenario or thinking about it,
I think valid thai wills etc was done to death on another post so no need to go over that one. A formal will by the GF will be a pre-requisite so when the vultures circle your young bloke he gets what is his and you can be there to keep him on the straight and narrow.
We will all have different situations....
For me and my little story...
Maybe I will marry maybe I won't? A bit of work to do to get to that stage to legally do it.
Our 10 year old daughter like your son calls me dad and we are for all intents and purposes a family. We have been together since the little one was nearly 4 and living in Singapore. Daughter is a Singaporean passport holder and her Thai passport and citizenship is to my knowledge done. Lot of work from Thai and Singapore lawyers, court visits and witnesses etc plus now at the same time she is getting a divorce from the Singaporean husband of more than 12 years. Little bit more complicated journey due to Singaporean divorce laws.
But the first thing we did a year ago was after a lot of discussion together was to get a Usufruct in my name on the land and contents. This gives me full use of the land for a period till my death, no time limit, this is incase the GF falls off the perch prior to me. The family cannot legally throw me off. So that is our first step. Next step is the Thai Will, where the GF's assets including the house I am building will be left to the daughter. The usufruct stays in place. GF only has 2 brothers and my trust in them to stay out of the will request is low.
Adoption is another issue and a bridge I must cross later.
All our thinking is for the well being of the young daughter.
Good luck mate and hope it all goes well.

maaka
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by maaka » April 15, 2016, 5:22 pm

yes I always lugg a big suitcase full of tricks around Barney..might as well kill ten birds with one stone...
thanks Digger for the insight into the working of El Casa Barney,,it seems we are running side by side on afew issues nei.
the Usufruct ( if one can still obtain one ) is a handy idea should the GF go before me, and the wee lad be looking to me to stave off the drunken wolves from next door..the Will thingy I am up on, its just gettng her to do it, and to realize the importance of such a thing, if she wants young Maaka to inherit the house, land and her life insurance...I have never been hitched, and the light at the end of the tunnel is alot brighter than before, so I am hesitant to swallow the hook, line and sinker..but according to others the adoption thing might require that...hmmmm...I guess I know my way forward, but there are patches of quicksand about..when the lads a teenager he might throw it all back in my face, as they do sometimes...we had alittle heart to heart last night, as he has been telling every man as his dog I am his dad..no problem there, except I had to pull him up yesterday for the first time for spitting on our pathway...he didnt understand a thing, just me grabbing his collar and matching to bucket and water and making him wash it off..for two days he never spoke to me, and I thought I had gone to far, but it was the saving face thing, but still I outlined the role of a dad, good and bad...its all a mountain to climb, but hey love your comments and openess....cheers also

panick
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by panick » April 16, 2016, 12:11 am

Unless you're the paternal father .... It's going to be a long, winding road.
You need to marry her first.
Is the father still live?
If he is ....You'll probably have to give him a token pay-off to get him out of the picture.
A good friend of mine got custody of his own child from a Thai wife 2 years ago but, another friend of mine could NOT get custody of his girlfriends kid even though he'd raised him for about 6 years!
You have NO standing here as a boyfriend. MARRY HER! ... Buy her out!
Put the property in his name with a clause that you can stay there till you die! 8)
Bring back Saint

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by FrazeeDK » April 16, 2016, 12:20 am

take the mother and go to a Thai lawyer.. I'm sure a will can be drawn up that leaves everything to the boy in trust if he is under legal age.. You'd just need a competent trustworthy adult to administer the trust until the boy reaches his majority... Get everything ironclad the the useless members of the family would be unable to steal the land or insurance.
Dave

maaka
udonmap.com

future child care

Post by maaka » April 17, 2016, 12:48 pm

things are on hold at the mo..had our first wee boy confrontation.
little 10yrs old devil spat globs of goo off the new tile area onto the new path below, which mums brushes twice a day in her house proud mood...disgusting mess so I grabbed him by the collar and marched him to the water bucket and made him clean it up, which he did, but he never spoke to me for days after, or ate with me, and stayed out of the house all day...thought I better say something thru mum to him..that he was telling everyone I was his dad, and that a dads role was to teach him whats good and bad behaviour..and that its best to say sorry if he thinks he did wrong, and we all hug and can be happpy again, which he did, but still days of silent treatment, with mum eating and sleeping with him....it appears he didnt like me grabbing him by the collar and marching him about with the bucket....mums said I should say sorry to him for that....me, I couldnt stand the atmosphere so moved back to the city..trying to work out where from here.....all the cousins are from broken homes, step fathers that get drunks and fight with the mothers, and he mixers with them everyday at their homes...I can see the next ten years of teenage misery for me and mum....I guess the gentle thai parenting and the more firmer farang parenting is soething I didnt think of....anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...yes his dad died when he was 1yr

Return to “Thailand Law”