Hiuse for kids

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
casper3000

Hiuse for kids

Post by casper3000 » January 22, 2017, 2:28 pm

I am divorced and the court has awarded the house to my kids.one lives with me and the other lives with my ex in the same house.since our divorce the ex has moved her family into the house and now it looks run down and dirty.
Does anyone know if a lawyer can do anythng to protect this asset for my kids so the house can be maintained at the cost of my ex so that the house is in reasonable shape for my kids in 18 years ?
Also can anyone recommend a lawyer?

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Re: Hiuse for kids

Post by Pooclover » January 22, 2017, 5:24 pm

You mean you all still live together...?

After 18 years most houses in Thailand look run down.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 22, 2017, 6:47 pm

Casper3000, I am really sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, but my guess is that you can't legislate hygiene and cleanliness, especially in Thailand where "nasty and unkept" is such a big part of the culture. Since you're looking for a lawyer then I presume that you didn't have one when you got the divorce. I would like to ask you how the kids wound up with the house when a good lawyer perhaps could have persuaded the court to allow you to sell the house and you keep a portion of the proceeds, unless of course you agreed to that settlement for the benefits of the kids. Sorry, I don't know of any lawyers that I would recommend since I have never had to use one in Thailand, and hope I never have to.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » January 22, 2017, 7:34 pm

By the time you have paid legal fees for XX years with allied tea money for various court officials it would probably be considerably cheaper to just invest the money and use it to refurbish the property in 18 years time.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 23, 2017, 6:58 am

Kampan Phra-Ek, 042 931305, mobile 0868998374, email [email protected]

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 23, 2017, 7:33 am

casper3000 wrote:I am divorced and the court has awarded the house to my kids.one lives with me and the other lives with my ex in the same house.since our divorce the ex has moved her family into the house and now it looks run down and dirty.
Does anyone know if a lawyer can do anythng to protect this asset for my kids so the house can be maintained at the cost of my ex so that the house is in reasonable shape for my kids in 18 years ?
Also can anyone recommend a lawyer?
You would be wasting your money going to a Lawyer.
I have been through a similar situation & been to the courts twice.
In Thai law the mother is the legal guardian & has power of attorney.
I went to the courts & got made legal guardian of my son.
I then had to go back to the courts to get power of attorney to put property in my sons name.
I have now been told I can not do this as only a Thai can have power of attorney where property is concerned.
In other words until your children are 20 years of age the mother has control of the property.

casper3000

Post by casper3000 » January 24, 2017, 2:15 pm

I am dovorced and the court gave me.custody of my son and my daughter went to my ex.the court told ger to change the chanote to the kids names and the land is in the process of being registered for chanote.
So...the land and house cannot be changed to my kids names as they are 2 and 4 ?
Now i am applying for custody of my daughter and am wondering whether to ask the court to sell the house..i would like my kids to have an asset but if it cannnot be changed..what are my options ?

Return to “Thailand Law”