Leasing a House in Thailand

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Leasing a House in Thailand

Post by Kudjap or Bust » November 20, 2007, 5:01 pm

Can anyone give me a few website links, so I can print information for a new guy in the village, on leasing the house he is building in his girlfriends name.

He wants to know the ins and outs - pros and cons of the 30 + 30 yr leasing arrangement. The girlfriend has no problems with the arrangement, well I guess I wouldn't he's spending around 4 million on the house...they're building on 3 rai of her families land which has its own land paper and will be transfered to the GF before building starts....

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 20, 2007, 5:16 pm

This site is more about a book you can buy on the subject, something on here may help.

http://www.buildingthailand.com/

another book available on the subject on here.

http://www.dcothai.com/product_info.php?products_id=668

a little here

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/leasing.htm

http://www.all-phuket.com/ownership_law.html

(*i have no experiance in land lease just posting links.)

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » November 20, 2007, 6:38 pm

I just found the asia trading site and have sent them a couple of questions.

Thanks BM, I haven't leased either, it would be good to hear from someone who has or is leasing from GF or TW now.....

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 20, 2007, 9:26 pm

Rayrai Pokapan
081-260-4338
[email protected]

What can I say she has saved some guys I know in the long run.

But his wife might not like what she has to say.

I haven't done it yet either but I really should in case my wife dies before I do and the relatives come out of the woodwork. Because when they do I will be sleeping with the buffalo, without that lease.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » November 20, 2007, 10:29 pm

I went to the lawers here in Udon, as soon as I mention lease or superficies usufruct, the words 20,000Baht blew past my ears faster than the speed of light around the world 5 times, out of the lips of the lawers.

So my immediate thought was, after 3 lawers quoted the same thing, for a Superfricies / usufruct lease, its just a con by the lawers to make money from you, just like in the west, 1 lawer next to City Lodge had a draw full of the leases ready to sign, preforma, he sais it would take 2 hours max to go to the land office and complete all the requirements, 20,000 for 2 hours work bit rich for me.

So i did take 2 hours to go with the GF ask about Lease agreement, got a copy of lease filled in the time frame 30 years, rest of the nonsense GF name , my name age , her ID details land title number etc anf I have 1 30 year lease, cost 500 baht for the bribes to get a copy of some leases, and pay the land fee, plus lunch at Ma Yah another 500 baht, then over to Down under bar for the afternoon and dinner, arrive back apartment about 8pm total cost for the day 1500 baht and a little bit tipsy, just saved 18,500 baht.

The people at the land office will do wonders for you if you flash the stuff, they had forms all ready blank, but if you not sure of your self, the 20,000B for lawer is good value
Master Builder

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 20, 2007, 10:46 pm

This topic might make interesting reading for your friend.
But I see that there is a 1 Rai limit on it, but certainly a cheap option for sure.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... php?t=6051

cookie
udonmap.com

Post by cookie » November 21, 2007, 11:14 am

BobHelm wrote:This topic might make interesting reading for your friend.
But I see that there is a 1 Rai limit on it, but certainly a cheap option for sure.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... php?t=6051

I agree 100% with this bobhelm.

I also want to inform Aussieboy and KOB that my lawyer told me some time ago that the usufruct lease contract is only valid when it is signed on the backside of the Chanot (land title) at the land office (stamped).

Aussieboy is right, it is very easy to do it yourself if you want to.
But many people forget the most important step: it should be written on the backside of the chanot. This has to be done at the land office.

This way, every bank (or loaner) can see that there is a leasing contract on this piece of land.
That way they will not take the chanot as guarantee for a loan. 8)

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 21, 2007, 12:03 pm

Well lets 20K baht and investing how much in the house?

Each to his own, but I had went to school and taking that much time to learn how to do things properly I doubt that I would give away my services either.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 21, 2007, 2:42 pm

well, he should of done this beforehand/building house. you actually want the lease on the land, listed as owner of the house, and power of attorney given to farang to sign girlfriend/wife name if relationship goes sour, then farang has everything needed to live in or sell house at his whim.

good luck

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 21, 2007, 3:20 pm

Spoken from a survivor :lol:

Me I'm making house payments so I don't worry to much but I certainly would if it were paid for.

I've seen Rayrai's work protect people I know and they still have a house to live in. Can they sell it I have no idea.

I have the impression that the land in this case is on the wifes village. I have always wondered what a farrangs life would be like. If he effectively evicts a family member from the house. I would be uncomfortable with that. The beauty of Thailand is we all get to do it our way a long as we pay. We can reap the benefits or pay the prices.

The adventure goes on and on

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 21, 2007, 3:20 pm

Spoken from a survivor :lol:

Me I'm making house payments so I don't worry to much but I certainly would if it were paid for.

I've seen Rayrai's work protect people I know and they still have a house to live in. Can they sell it I have no idea.

I have the impression that the land in this case is in the wifes village. I have always wondered what a farrangs life would be like. If he effectively evicts a family member from the house. I would be uncomfortable with that. The beauty of Thailand is we all get to do it our way a long as we pay. We can reap the benefits or pay the prices.

The adventure goes on and on

Return to “Thailand Law”