Panasonic laser printer

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
rreddin
udonmap.com

Panasonic laser printer

Post by rreddin » July 23, 2011, 12:31 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know where in Udon I can buy toner for a Panasonic KX-MB772 laser printer? I bought it in Macro, but they do not stock the toner. I have tried all the usual suspects. I have even tried the company that supplied my photocopier. All to no avail.

If there is no supplier in Udon, do you know of a reliable mail order supplier?

Thanks for your help.

douglas
udonmap.com

Panasonic laser printer

Post by douglas » July 23, 2011, 2:05 pm

Hi,
I was thinking of buying a laser printer. When i asked if they also sold toner, got a blank look. Decided to get a inkjet, a Cannon, with the ink bottles on the outside. Local mod.. Wife has a firm and needed it. We have had it for ten days now and print at least 40 A4 sheets a day. Mainly in black. Blk. ink bottle still three quarters full. Myself i think this is the way to go if you use it a lot. Bottles of ink about 100B a bottle and will fill the bottle on printer twice, i hope. Saves 6 to 7 hundred B for new cartridges. They only do this mod. on a Epsom or Cannon printers. So they told me.
Have you tried the comp. shop next to the MRI place on Th. Si Suk road. Opp. the Udon Thani Vocational College. Also a couple of doors down they have a Cannon shop. they might be able to help you, even though yours is not a Cannon. No harm asking. You can park at the back. Big sign for the MRI place on the outside. On second floor.
Best of luck Doug.

rreddin
udonmap.com

Panasonic laser printer

Post by rreddin » July 23, 2011, 3:53 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. I will give them a try.

rjb
udonmap.com

Panasonic laser printer

Post by rjb » August 28, 2011, 10:06 am

You might google for Panasonic Service Centers in Thailand. I was looking for a battery for my Sony laptop at Central and the best I came up with was the Hardware Hiouse would order it for 7,500 TB. Came home and looked for Sony service, found an authorized service center near rhe big university, price 4,800 TB for the Sony battery.

rufus
udonmap.com

Panasonic laser printer

Post by rufus » August 28, 2011, 11:13 am

Have you thought about getting your toner cartridge refilled?

leehut
udonmap.com

Panasonic laser printer

Post by leehut » August 28, 2011, 11:58 am

500 baht to get a Canon cartridge refilled at the shop Douglas mentioned. They said you can usually do it around 3 times before you have to buy a boxed replacement at 800 baht.

rreddin
udonmap.com

Panasonic laser printer

Post by rreddin » August 28, 2011, 12:19 pm

Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions.

I have Googled the make and model to look for a local service centre and consumables, but Panasonic's database does not recognize the model. After sending them a picture of the printer and its box, Panasonic eventually gave me the contact details of a place in town that should be able to get the toner if it is not already in stock. I will give them a try and let you know the result.

I had not thought of refilling the toner pack. I will look into it. Back in the UK, I regularly used reconditioned toner/drum which I bought mail order albeit for a different make of laser printer - but then my print requirements were much higher than they are now. The vast majority of what I print is in monochrome (text). Although greatly reduced, my print requirements are way above what is economic to do on an inkjet printer.

Thanks also for the info about laptop battery. I will also have to bite that bullet before long.

briant

Panasonic laser printer

Post by briant » September 3, 2011, 1:45 pm

rreddin wrote:Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions.

I have Googled the make and model to look for a local service centre and consumables, but Panasonic's database does not recognize the model. After sending them a picture of the printer and its box, Panasonic eventually gave me the contact details of a place in town that should be able to get the toner if it is not already in stock. I will give them a try and let you know the result.

I had not thought of refilling the toner pack. I will look into it. Back in the UK, I regularly used reconditioned toner/drum which I bought mail order albeit for a different make of laser printer - but then my print requirements were much higher than they are now. The vast majority of what I print is in monochrome (text). Although greatly reduced, my print requirements are way above what is economic to do on an inkjet printer.

Thanks also for the info about laptop battery. I will also have to bite that bullet before long.
try refilling the toner cartridges,it is much more economical.. It is a great way to help the environment and save some money.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”