Battery for Nokia phone, where?

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 18, 2012, 1:39 pm

Phone is 4 or 5 years old and battery will not hold much of a charge. Tried one shop and they wanted to sell new phone. Is there a Nokia company store here in Udon?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 18, 2012, 2:10 pm

Not sure about a Nokia shop sorry RLT.
Personally I would go to the night market, the part nearest 7/11 & the new dual carriageway.
There are at least 3 shops along that far stretch that repair phones & would have replacement batteries.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 18, 2012, 2:37 pm

RL I got the same run around when I asked for a new battery for my four year old Nokia. The little girl tried to sell me a smart phone, really persisted on a hard sell, telling me I could try it out for a month, etc. Finally my wife stepped in and explained to her, in Thai, my philosophy on smart phones, basically that she was wasting her time. So she went into a drawer and pulled out a genuine Nokia battery and installed it for me. At least I think it was genuine, it had a hologram on it. This was at a DTAC shop in Big C. So Bob is right, just about anybody who sells or repairs mobiles should have a battery in stock.

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

Post by Panty Hamster » July 18, 2012, 3:59 pm

That's the Thai retail technique.
What you want is of little or no consequence to the sales clerks. They seem know what you want more than you do.
When you ask for something, indeed, when you initially walk into the store, they're not receptive to your desires. They really don't care what you want. They don't care about making you happy. They only care about satisfying themselves. Making a sale that satisfies a need of theirs -- through a commission, quota, schedule, etc -- not a need of yours.
Customer service in Udon Thani is, generally, deplorable. There are occasional exceptions, but mostly, customer satisfaction is merely an unintended, and unnecessary consequence of a sale. This is also why repeat custom means nothing. You will rarely be rewarded for being a repeat customer. Indeed, it's often a marker for a customer who might be exploited further. It's why shopping for so many things in Udon Thani is a chore, rather than a relaxing, positive experience. For evidence of this phenomenon, look no further than the pages of UM.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » July 18, 2012, 4:46 pm

Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 18, 2012, 4:48 pm

Panty Hamster wrote: Customer service in Udon Thani is, generally, deplorable. There are occasional exceptions, but mostly, customer satisfaction is merely an unintended, and unnecessary consequence of a sale. This is also why repeat custom means nothing. You will rarely be rewarded for being a repeat customer. Indeed, it's often a marker for a customer who might be exploited further. It's why shopping for so many things in Udon Thani is a chore, rather than a relaxing, positive experience. For evidence of this phenomenon, look no further than the pages of UM.
You must still be waking in cold sweats over this incident Tex ....... errr......... oh, it doesn't matter. :D
I was in our local Tesco last week buying groceries with my wife. It was about 30 minutes before closing and the uniformed security lady walked straight toward us when we approached the checkout counter. Odd. She took my hand basket from me and started taking items out of the basket and setting them on the checkout counter. She was fondling my bread and squeezing my oranges. I was not amused. I know she probably thought she was being helpful, but wtf? I don't care for some slovenly old hag stranger to be groping my produce and sifting through my purchases.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... co#p203254

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 18, 2012, 4:59 pm

Panty Hamster wrote:That's the Thai retail technique.
What you want is of little or no consequence to the sales clerks. They seem know what you want more than you do.
When you ask for something, indeed, when you initially walk into the store, they're not receptive to your desires. They really don't care what you want. They don't care about making you happy. They only care about satisfying themselves. Making a sale that satisfies a need of theirs -- through a commission, quota, schedule, etc -- not a need of yours.
Customer service in Udon Thani is, generally, deplorable. There are occasional exceptions, but mostly, customer satisfaction is merely an unintended, and unnecessary consequence of a sale. This is also why repeat custom means nothing. You will rarely be rewarded for being a repeat customer. Indeed, it's often a marker for a customer who might be exploited further. It's why shopping for so many things in Udon Thani is a chore, rather than a relaxing, positive experience. For evidence of this phenomenon, look no further than the pages of UM.
Wow, very helpful to the OP :lol:

There's a Nokia service center on Tahan Rd opposite Rabjat university and a Nokia shop in Central mall. There's also a phone accessory shop in the mall that have phone batteries displayed on a rack, (along with many other accessories) sort of self help if you know the battery model number.

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

Post by Panty Hamster » July 18, 2012, 5:17 pm

self help if you know the battery model number
Best option by far, very helpful to the OP. :D

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 19, 2012, 10:23 am

Thanks everyone. Went to centerpoint last night. Shop inside near 711. Didn't sell phones. He checked it out, said battery was ok. Needed to replace the little thing you plug the charger into, cost 150 baht, time about 1 hour of shopping, cost about 500 baht.

Sure seems that battery has a long life.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”