Samsung Phone water damage repair

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » December 11, 2015, 12:46 pm

Phone was accidently put in the washing machine , completely immersed for about 20 minutes , I removed it took the battery out and put it in a bowl of rice for 12 hours , seems completely dry now but showing no signs of life , is there any chance I could get it repaired and what cost would I be looking at ?

Its a 5500 to 6000 baht phone so I might be better just binning it and getting replacement ?

Thanks

SJP17

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 11, 2015, 12:55 pm

There is a repair guy in the Night Market - next to the dual carriageway that separates it from UD Town/Railway station. He might be worth giving it to for a look, but I imagine that it will be buy new.... :(

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » December 11, 2015, 1:05 pm

Thanks Bob, Ill have a look tonite and see what he says, I am thinking its probably goosed as well but worth a try

Quite annoying as it was my first smart phone , nearly feel like goin back to the Samsung hero ;)

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 11, 2015, 1:39 pm

Had a Nokia...fell into a couple of metres of flood water...took 5 minutes to find it and it was saturated throughout.
Pulled apart, sprayed with crc and gently blew out with air but no go.
Left it sit in pieces in the workshop for about a week and tried it again and away it went.
Still have it in the drawer here and still working.
Only difference is your washing would be full of caustic which I imagine would destroy any electronics in a couple of days.

BigRick808
udonmap.com

Post by BigRick808 » December 12, 2015, 8:11 am

take the battery out and let it set for 4-5 days. I've gotten several wet. The last one was in the pool for an hour--still works.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » December 12, 2015, 9:39 am

There is a very good Samsung repair centre in Udon they will sort it for you

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 12, 2015, 11:02 pm

kubotatim wrote:There is a very good Samsung repair centre in Udon they will sort it for you
Very professional and will quote a repair job,

Used them for a water submerged phone, ( covered under warranty - S4 ) , Replace new screen on Samsung Notebook, Ultrathin , had to be sent up from BKK , took 5 days and they even came to my house to reset the new water filter in the fridge. ( No charge )

One thing I learned, from the Phone issue.

I bought the phone from a registered Samsung Phone shop in Central, they said they needed to send it to BKK for repair, couldn't accept that as their repair shop was in Udon and available. These Franchise shops, don't use the Samsung Repair places, use their own.

One check of the MIMMIE number in the phone and the Samsung staff confirmed it as being on their books and fixed in 2 days.

To have good support for their brand in Udon , is excellent

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”