critical error

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
banpaeng
udonmap.com

critical error

Post by banpaeng » October 20, 2005, 8:05 pm

Ms admin I haved gotten two of the critical error messages so far today.

This is just to let you know. Do not know if others are getting this.

Thanks

Brian

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » October 21, 2005, 12:51 am

I think it may be more helpful if you state what the 'critical error' message contains (usually contains a code of some kind), also when and what you were doing at the time it occured :).

Sorry for jumping in Jeab :oops:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » October 21, 2005, 1:11 am

Good point and next time I will cut and paste the note.

Thanks BB. If I stay on here long enough I might actually learn something about this machine.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » October 21, 2005, 1:31 am

:lol: we all started somewhere mate ;)

admin
Admin

Post by admin » October 21, 2005, 9:19 am

Sorry for jumping in Jeab Embarassed
No problem BB, we're more than happy for you to jump in and help, it is much appreciated.
I think it may be more helpful if you state what the 'critical error' message contains (usually contains a code of some kind), also when and what you were doing at the time it occured
Good idea because the error could be a number of reasons and it would help us investigate.
Admin

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » October 21, 2005, 5:44 pm

banpaeng, are critical errors only coming up when logging onto or opening the webpage?? Also have you installed any new software/applications recently? Have yeou checked for or have automatic update of windows OS (I don't know what WinOS you're using)?

Pop's :pirate:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » October 21, 2005, 8:59 pm

I will try to answer your questions pops but not to quick on this computer stuff.

It was coming up when I entered a reply. It did this twice and did not happen again.

I have not added any new programs. I am running windows 2000 and yes I have automatic updates on this.

I looked at the firefox site but do not really know how to use it. Most of my computer knowledge is small. I heard it right when someone else said they were in the steam era of computers.

I also use adaware and AVG and have them scan very often. More than once a day.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » October 21, 2005, 10:44 pm

The official meaning of a critical error is:
Critical error
Error that is so serious that it is impossible for the current program that is running to continue. Generally, this type of error will cause the computer to completely halt or to reboot.
It could well be a case of the browser you are using, probably internet explorer, may just need updating, and it may not come through on the automatic updates because it's not important enough.

Visit the www.windowsupdate.com site and check for all the updates available for your machine to see if that helps.

rufus
udonmap.com

Post by rufus » November 5, 2005, 5:19 pm

Update to XP with service pack 2. Despite the hysteria from some quarters, XP with SP2 is extremely stable - more stable imo than any Linux system I have run.

Ron

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”