Samsung Service Centre

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
panmotor
udonmap.com

Samsung Service Centre

Post by panmotor » March 23, 2017, 5:48 pm

When I have had problems with my Samsung devices, I have always found the Service Centre in Udon excellent but, today, they went up further in my estimation.

I returned to Udon from the UK yesterday with my Galaxy Tablet which appeared broken. The Samsung shop in the UK wouldn't mend it as it had been purchased in Thailand but they said it needed a new screen at a cost of £150 plus.

Went into Udon today and, within 10 minutes they had diagnosed a simple fix which they did free of charge. It needed a new "film" over the front which cost THB 350 at Landmark so, with a small tip for the Samsung staff, I have a good as new tablet for less than a tenner.

Customer service at its best and infinitely better the staff in broken Britain!!

Fatone
udonmap.com

Re: Samsung Service Centre

Post by Fatone » March 23, 2017, 6:52 pm

i find customer service infinitely better in Thailand than anywhere in Oz where wages and long trading hours have all but killed service

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 23, 2017, 9:10 pm

Similar experience with my notebook screen . Had to get it up from BKK.

But brilliant turnaround.

They have had 2 brand name issues sadly

S7 battery and also their washing machines on fire.

Wont stop.me from supporting their brand when local service is good

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 24, 2017, 4:50 am

I have had the complete opposite experience, have taken 7 phones there and they have quoted absolutely crazy prices to repair, better to dump Samsung and buy a better more reliable brand.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 24, 2017, 12:50 pm

They were good on repairs and time of
So am happy with their service
As for getting things repaired in Oz forget
There is a great repair shop for electronic gear just out outside ring road at Ban Leum

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 1, 2017, 10:05 am

I became a Samsung fanboy after I bought an S3 phone. It had a hard life and just kept going. About a year and a half ago the touchscreen went bad. Samsung wanted a stupid price to replace the screen. I put the phone in a drawer and basically forgot about it. I bought an S4. The mainboard failed, again Samsung wanted a stupid price to repair it. I decided the failure was just bad luck and I was stupid enough to buy another S4. Same problem. A shop in TukCom Pattaya looked at the S4's and told me they were not worth repairing. Since I was a fanboy I then bought an S5. shortly after the warranty expired that main board also failed. I had a shop in Bangkok replace the mainboard. It cost 4,500 baht. Since then it has been back to that shop four times. It is there now AGAIN. They give a 90 day warranty. Samsung in Udon couldn't do anything with it because they said it is not a Thai phone even though it was purchased new in a Khon Kaen Samsung shop. I had the receipt.

Since I had had good luck with the old S3, I had the touch screen replaced at TukCom in Pattaya. That old S3 is still working and I am using it now. I have come to the conclusion that the Samsung quality has gone rock bottom. No more high end Samsung products for me. Three Samsung mainboard failures is simply bad luck?

I swapped the one S4 to a guy who said he could repair it. The second S4 I sold to a shop for 500 baht. He wanted parts from it. The S5, as I said, is back in the Bangkok shop. If it fails again, I'll just throw it against the wall. After four trips to the repair shop, I'm tired of fooling with it.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 1, 2017, 11:31 am

when I went to the Samsung shop in Udon a few years ago with my S4, after the Samsung franchise shop in Central said it would take 2-3 weeks to send to BKK and return...

First thing Samsung Service shop did was check the MIMIE number in the back, looked it up, and its been bought out of a Samsung shop, repaired in 2 days. staff said at the time, The MIMIE indicates to them , if its been bought in Thailand etc

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”