Backing Up

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

Backing Up

Post by parrot » November 26, 2017, 4:52 pm

After my neighbor lost his 400 or so contacts/emails/family info in his unbackedup cell phone yesterday, that got me to thinking how dependent I am on google for emails, bookmarks, browser, contacts, photos, documents, maps, etc. I keep little on my computer itself. My harddrive, phone, tablet....all could crash and burn tomorrow with little impact other than replacing the device(s).
But after seeing what happened to my neighbor (he doesn't believe in the cloud.....nor backing up, apparently), I decided to do a google backup. Easy enough. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanwhitwa ... c7bd3310c6
The end result? 6 zip files, 2 gb each now tucked away on a removeable drive in case of..............

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Re: Backing Up

Post by pf-flyer » November 27, 2017, 3:00 pm

The issue is not if hardware such as hard drives will fail. The issue is when hardware such as hard drives will fail. Play it safe. Back up your important data locally and remotely ( off site such as google drive or drop box ) if possible.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”