Microsoft Live Mail currently down

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Microsoft Live Mail currently down

Post by BobHelm » April 19, 2018, 12:00 pm

Microsoft Mail web site is currently down.
Rumour has it that their server has been attacked..
Even further rumour speculate that the source of the attack is possibly Russia...but i guess that they would say that... :D

However if I attempt to log on using Browsec as if I am in the UK.... all is fine.. :shock:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Microsoft Live Mail currently down

Post by BobHelm » April 19, 2018, 1:27 pm

So I am happily working away on my mails when I get this one in my mail box..
mail.png
Needless to say that the helpful automatic link that the mail provides does not have anything to do with Microsoft..
mail 1.png
I reported it as a phishing scam but I guess they might be a bit busy at the moment.. :D

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » April 19, 2018, 10:37 pm

Got something like it for my Yahoo account last week, ignored their link and deleted. Later logged straight into my yahoo account and verified info. Must say their grammar is getting a little better, only saw a small error.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 20, 2018, 12:30 pm

Well it seems to be all back to normal again.
Some in other parts of the world still seem to be having issues, but not me.. :D

Nothing of significance seems to have been reported about a mass lockout so I imagine that it was just 'one of those things'..

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » April 21, 2018, 3:55 pm

I never use any of the big companies email systems.
For about 20 years now I have used an email client called Pegasus - written by a guy in New Zealand, David Harris.
Nice and simple - no need for appointments/todo lists etc etc. Works for receiving/sending/filing messages!!

Before it gets anywhere near my email program and my desktop I screen incoming emails with Mailwasher, which lets me delete ones I do not want to download while they are still on the server.

Deacz9
udonmap.com

Post by Deacz9 » April 21, 2018, 4:59 pm

Live mail or OUTLOOK is getting slower and slower! I can use it on Firefox or MS Edge and it takes forever to load and reloads, freezes. May have complained of its slowness on MS forum inc me. But MS couldn't give a ----. They only interested in selling the add free . I think it's the ad's taking up the memory or something making it all slow process!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 21, 2018, 5:08 pm

Try adding uBlock Origin to your browser - that should take care of the adverts.. :D

Mind you, I gave up on FireFox (after being a life long fan) a few months ago as it just seemed to get slower & slower as the day went on until the only way to speed it up was to reboot the computer.
For the last couple of months I have been using Opera & I am very happy with it..

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » April 21, 2018, 6:15 pm

Yes, i agree with Bobby..Firefox "Is" now Google. Same as Linux was created by the military, then they gave it to us, after they had all the back doors under their control.
I didn't want to talk about Opera, because if more use it,then Google will buy it up, or just attack it, as they are doing now. I like the free VPN and private window. I use the VPN for everything,just so they cannot track everything I do and build a collection of information and try to redirect me to "their recommended sites". Felixcat does like to stray off the path and go into information they don't want us to know.
So, yesterday, I downloaded a 5.5gb Pinball game file. My DVD disc is only 4.7gb, so could not burn it. I then changed the commands of the file and tried to open it on my PC. Wrong...it expanded into the hard drive and took over my system. So I lost everything...EVERYTHING,,,,, I am happy I did not sell my other PC, now I am up and I will try to stay away from "downloads" now and Google sites.

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » April 22, 2018, 2:18 pm

I used Firefox for many years until it got bloated and started taking up to 700mb memory, grinding my laptop to a halt.
Switched to Opera - way way better...-

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 22, 2018, 2:28 pm

I've used firefox for about a decade. It's certainly worse than it was years ago. May give opera a spin.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”