Burning music onto CD

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Burning music onto CD

Post by Hoopoe » April 30, 2018, 5:58 pm

Hi guys , i could do with some advice
i have amassed quite a bit of music over the years ,i complied my favourite tracks and burned them onto a cd ( numerous times MP3) using Nero Express , but over time some fail to play on my Truck player ,so i burned some more and they will not play on the truck system but sometimes ok through DVD player ,so thinking the burner was getting past it's sold by date , i bought a new one , using Nero Express ( which automatically burns at 40 x ) it still failed , so my thinking was maybe the burn speed is to high , i installed DEEP Burner and ran it at 16x burn speed this resulted in the same result , it plays all the time through DVD player but nothing through the Truck CD player albeit some of the old burnt CD's still play , ( trying both burns ,CD/DVD ,And normal CD ) any advice would be helpful ,as i'm a green horn when it comes to this ,my next thought process is to replace the Truck system (12 years old ) with just a memory stick player ,

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Burning music onto CD

Post by pal52 » April 30, 2018, 6:20 pm

It is your CD player.
My player in my Nissan Tida will not play MP3 format CDs & never has from day 1.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 30, 2018, 6:41 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 30, 2018, 6:20 pm
It is your CD player.
My player in my Nissan Tida will not play MP3 format CDs & never has from day 1.
If you download or burn your CD/DVD in windows music player format you will probably find it works.
That is what I had to do yet my Isuzu will play any format.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » April 30, 2018, 7:53 pm

Exchange your cd-player with one that has cd and usb.
then copy your music on the usb-stick.
much cheaper and easier in the long run.
just make sure that your player has usb 2 or 3 and use the right stick.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 1, 2018, 5:04 am

Pal52, I tried CD/DVD in windows music player format , and i got the same result ,
Samuel , I was thinking of going this way , ta for the advice on 2/3 ports , i would have just accepted 1

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » May 1, 2018, 6:01 am

Hoopoe,
Reason your player refuses to play burned cd's is more than likely due to the fact that store bought cd's are etched.
ie the surface to be read is a series of hills and valleys. When burning a cd, this is replicated by "simulating" and obviously not as pronounced.
PC cd or dvd readers tend to be better at reading than the auto or hi-fi cousins.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 1, 2018, 9:06 am

Blue jets
I understand this , but why now it wont play all of the new stuff ,when it has in the past ,it still plays some of the old stuff but not all , , maybe 2 reasons , the burning system i have bought is nonsense or the truck player is now past it's sell by date , a bit like me , 555

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 1, 2018, 9:46 am

I had many CD's and DVD's in my collection. I found a number of them that wouldn't play in my vehicles nor would they work in my computer. Holding them up to the light, I could see little pin pricks of light showing through. A friend told me that those tiny holes were caused by a fungus. I don't know what caused the holes. I mention this because I now consider disks as being unreliable and since then use memory sticks. Most newer vehicles have a USB port and memory sticks work great for music and audio books. The days of tapes and disks are gone. Transfering music and books from my computer is faster and easier than burning disks.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 1, 2018, 11:24 am

glalt wrote:
May 1, 2018, 9:46 am
....I now consider disks as being unreliable and since then use memory sticks. Most newer vehicles have a USB port and memory sticks work great for music and audio books. The days of tapes and disks are gone. Transfering music and books from my computer is faster and easier than burning disks.
wise words.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » May 1, 2018, 3:50 pm

I still miss this :D
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”