Google Maps Timeline

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

Google Maps Timeline

Post by parrot » April 10, 2019, 1:47 pm

Google maps timeline.....delivered to your doorstep each month with a day-by-day recap of wherever you drove, time, place, etc. etc. If you don't subscribe to google maps, it doesn't matter, your car's computer pretty much does the same thing.
If you subscribe to google photos, the timeline includes all the photos you took on your trip as well.

Not for the faint of heart or luddites.....certainly not for anyone having an affair!

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Google Maps Timeline

Post by parrot » June 4, 2019, 12:54 pm

The google maps timeline has a built-in anti-dementia mode.......each month it can tell you all the places you've been (date/time/route), number of cities visited, along with a cumulative summary of cities/places visited. In my summary for the month of May, it included the total hours spent in my vehicle: 35. I do podcasts pretty much everywhere I go, so I don't feel it's wasted time.....but that number might be more interesting for those who are taking children to/from school each day....sigh.
Again, I understand that things like google map timeline isn't for everyone.......and that's okay by me.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”