Fastest 'net installation in UT?

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Fastest 'net installation in UT?

Post by fredwilliams » December 31, 2019, 2:42 am

From placing your order, to having it fully up and running, how long? And which company?

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Re: Fastest 'net installation in UT?

Post by Manxlad » December 31, 2019, 5:48 am

New neighbours had 3BB installed last month.
They quoted 5 to 7 working days, but from signing the contact to full instillation was only 3days
I suppose it’s where your property is located may be a factor as too how quick they are ?
We’re in nadee
Just for info, we have 3BB and we’ve had no issues, good speeds and little or no issues, also the office staff are very helpful if you have any queries etc

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 31, 2019, 9:06 am

For my TOT fiber Internet installation, it took three days after ordering. That included running about three hundred meters of cable. Total cost of the installation was 5,000 baht. That included the upgraded router.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » January 6, 2020, 11:10 pm

Have just signed up with 3BB for fibre to the house wifi connection - 200 mbps up/down for 590 B pm + VAT (total 632 B). This is for our new house in a village 25 kms from Udon. Quoted installation time of 5/6 days, but I won't be there until day 7. OK they say, see you then. Cable to be run 150 metres from the highway - installation no charge. It was only six months ago that I was paying 3BB 690 baht for 30 mbps wifi connections in both Udon and BKK. Dropped them both in favour of DTAC unlimited phone data @ 4 mbps for 650 baht pm. During the NRL season I watch eight matches per week, and the phone data speed is perfectly adequate for this. Moreover, it is not stuck in one place. I can still watch the NRL sitting on a deck chair at Jomtiem beach, and I use the phone data for work all the time as well.
So why go back to home wifi now? Security. I will move into the house in about three weeks, but I will still be working in BKK for about another 18 months (made 63 flights last year). Have installed 4 HD and 4UHD wifi cameras and an 8 channel 8 mbps wifi network video recorder, backed up with a 25,000 mAh battery and cloud backup. If the system is tripped, it will email an image so I can tell if it is the wife's sister knocking on the door, the neighbour's dog pissing on a pot plant or some bad guys looking to get in - pan, tilt zoom from the phone app as well as auto-tracking. So the real reason is security. But I am also looking forward to watching the first NRL game with the extra bandwidth on the new 75" smart TV. It's locked away in a bedroom out of sight until we get the curtains up possibly next weekend.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”