wifi extenders

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: wifi extenders

Post by kopkei » May 3, 2020, 6:18 am

thanks for all the info ,i have solved the problem, i did have an old modem/router somewhere , and i did have a long enough lan cable going to our outside terrace to divert to the home next to us and connect the old router there ,only had to configure it works as router only ....i also called 1242 true service line and the perfect english speaking lady confirmed the problem and made an appointment with a technician to stop by today ... ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 3, 2020, 4:44 pm

so the true technician came and changed the router from technicolor to humax ,and asked why we do not have fiber ?
6 years ago they did install this as being fibre ,at my question about being with coax cable they told us the main is fiber and split to coax , so a lot of bs ...called 1242 again and helped out very good only to get told no fiber connection available where we stay , behind thalaad thai siri 500M :? will check out other providers available , anyone has ais and satisfied ? ... ;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 3, 2020, 7:15 pm

kopkei wrote:
May 3, 2020, 4:44 pm
so the true technician came and changed the router from technicolor to humax ,and asked why we do not have fiber ?
6 years ago they did install this as being fibre ,at my question about being with coax cable they told us the main is fiber and split to coax , so a lot of bs ...called 1242 again and helped out very good only to get told no fiber connection available where we stay , behind thalaad thai siri 500M :? will check out other providers available , anyone has ais and satisfied ? ... ;)
We have TOT fibre as they are the only company that was available They were also very cheap. They have been mostly reliable and responsive. Our last router upgrade gives us both 2.4 and 5 GHz so two networks to choose from.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”