Air conditioners.

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Air conditioners.

Post by DuiDui49 » May 31, 2023, 3:59 pm

tamada wrote:
May 31, 2023, 1:05 pm
It looks like the fourth bedroom at my castle will getting an air-conditioner installed this week. That's our Yai's domain and after 66 years, if she reckons it's just two darn hot, then I guess global warming is real. Then again, maybe she's been chatting with rick's Yai?

I will be buying a Midea 12k BTU unit from wangasapung air in Loei via lazada and get the neighbors kid to install and gas it up. He works with a local aircon company and did the gas fill on the smaller Midea unit I installed last year in my man cave. I would install the new one but that's a working-at-height job and Mrs tam forbids me from going anywhere near a ladder.
Question,don't AC's come as a sealed system..so if i don't have a leak i should not have to top up gas..or maybe i got it wrong..Please enlighten me.Thank You...//Alfie :-)

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » May 31, 2023, 4:58 pm

rick wrote:
March 30, 2023, 5:11 pm
We had a second hand Panasonic air-conditioner about 10 years ago. Worked OK until the remote expired, couldn't get a new remote in Thailand (according to the repair man), quoted 1500 baht for one from Japan and 2 months delivery!
Said forget it. Found we could turn on manually bit that involved climbing on a chair. Eventually developed another problem 2 years later so bought a new one.

We now have a 9 year old electrolux (not inverter) and 2 Haier inverters. Inverters are more energy efficient but maybe not as robust, and more expensive to repair. The Haiers have a 5 year warranty and so far no problems (less than 5 years old). Haiers are not as expensive, our latest is 13,000 BTU for 14,000 baht .
I have bought Panasonic remotes att Lazada for a few hundred baht each, works fine.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 31, 2023, 5:14 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 31, 2023, 3:59 pm
tamada wrote:
May 31, 2023, 1:05 pm
It looks like the fourth bedroom at my castle will getting an air-conditioner installed this week. That's our Yai's domain and after 66 years, if she reckons it's just two darn hot, then I guess global warming is real. Then again, maybe she's been chatting with rick's Yai?

I will be buying a Midea 12k BTU unit from wangasapung air in Loei via lazada and get the neighbors kid to install and gas it up. He works with a local aircon company and did the gas fill on the smaller Midea unit I installed last year in my man cave. I would install the new one but that's a working-at-height job and Mrs tam forbids me from going anywhere near a ladder.
Question,don't AC's come as a sealed system..so if i don't have a leak i should not have to top up gas..or maybe i got it wrong..Please enlighten me.Thank You...//Alfie :-)
A new window-type air conditioner will come pre-charged. Split type units will come with sealed evaporator pipework (internal unit) and a sealed condenser (external) unit. After installation, the pipework will be connected but it will have air in it. The final part of the installation is purging this trapped air by vacuuming down and then filling with R32 or whatever type of refrigerant it uses.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”