Good video for newcomers

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
bluejets
udonmap.com

Good video for newcomers

Post by bluejets » September 29, 2021, 6:37 am

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Good video for newcomers

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 29, 2021, 8:37 am

Too bad it is about retirement in Pattaya, not retirement in other parts of Thailand like Isaan or Lanna.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 29, 2021, 9:40 am

Videos available about retiring in the Isaan and Lanna areas Google/You Tube are full of info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2psnvBqZ9as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hSimJ67Ewg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 29, 2021, 11:47 am

The propblem is with any introductory video about anywhere, apart from any legal requirements, the one size fits all never ever applies. There are far too many variuables, age, location, health expectations etc.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 29, 2021, 3:55 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 29, 2021, 8:37 am
Too bad it is about retirement in Pattaya, not retirement in other parts of Thailand like Isaan or Lanna.
It's not even about about Pattaya retirement. It's about one lonely old bugger's perception of Nirvana. Thirty-odd minutes cruising post-Covid Soi Buakhao?! F F S !!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 29, 2021, 4:17 pm

tamada wrote:
September 29, 2021, 3:55 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
It's not even about about Pattaya retirement. It's about one lonely old bugger's perception of Nirvana. Thirty-odd minutes cruising post-Covid Soi Buakhao?! F F S !!
Agree Tam .. dont happen often :lol:

L O B

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 29, 2021, 5:24 pm

tamada wrote:
September 29, 2021, 3:55 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Thanks. I couldn't watch the whole thing.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » September 30, 2021, 5:31 am

Seen many times both in here and elsewhere, newcomers asking for guidance when they've fallen into the many traps that this bloke mentioned.
Whether or not he's cruising Pattaya soi 6 or where ever is irrelivent really.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 23, 2022, 11:52 am

This guy who made the video knows what he is talking about. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like to live alone. I have had several live in girlfriends. To make a long story short, none worked out. After the last experience, I actually sat down and made a list of what was important for me. While working here in Thailand a good Thai friend of mine gave me some advise. First was the age difference. He told me that the girls age should be half my age plus 7 years. He said any younger than that Thai people would think that she was a bar girl and that I was stupid. I knew one lady quite well who fit that category. She refused to go out with me but I learned a lot more about her. She was a farm girl. She told me that she was an old maid who no Thai man would ever marry because she was independent and said what she thought. In other words, she definitely has a mind of her own. That suited me because I did NOT want a clinging vine jealous wife. The final thing is that I refused to raise another family. She also fit that category. She had never been married and had no children. She lived upcountry and went back home for a visit. She came back and she was upset. While back home, she had given her motorbike to her mother to use. My wife could not use her own motorbike because her mother said it was her motorbike even though it was not in her name. By that time, she had finally agreed to move in with me. We lived together for about a year before I asked he to marry me. No warts had had came out. My former live ins got tired of acting within about 3 months. She asked me why we should get married. After she thought about it for a while and made one demand. It was that if I decided to go back to the US, I would be going alone. We talked about sin sot and she said there would be none. There was no big party and we got married in Bangkok with her sister and her Thai husband as witnesses. We had dinner after the ceremony at a nice restaurant. That was the extent of our marriage vows.

After we were married she wanted to show me her house upcountry. I had seen many Thai houses upcountry and just wasn't interested. I had a nice 60 square meter condo in Jomtien an old Toyota pickup as well as a motorbike. I decided to buy a new pickup. I then decided to make the long drive upcountry. I discovered that her house was a two bedroom western style house. I was surprised. It wasn't completely finished. I enjoy doing household work and after a few trips back and forth, I had her house finished to suit myself. We discussed moving up there and I made a rule that the first one of her family that moved in with us that I would be moving back to my condo. We still live in her house and I still have my condo and keep it as my plan "B". I sits empty and I can move back into it in one day. I'll always have a roof over my head.That was more than 17 years ago. She says that she is now too old to train a new husband so she will keep me. LOL My wife still farms full time and during planting and harvest she says she has no time to take care of me. I go stay in my condo. usually for a couple weeks. With Covid, I haven's been able to get down there.

I have always had three rules. One is to never spend more money that you can financially afford to walk away from. another is to never be worth more dead than alive. And finally to keep a low profile. The fact is that I am more financially secure now than when I first retired and made the move over here.

Return to “Relationships”