Hope springs eternal?

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
laphanphon

Re: Hope springs eternal?

Post by laphanphon » September 12, 2008, 9:53 am

What is SO disgusting

they use to burn witches also......................65 years old, doesn't look good to any 16 yr old, sorry, she is not a willing participant.............pressured for sure, raised to follow no matter what..........ignorance is the key to control...............education is the key to freedom............education sucks here by design. keep them dump and pregnant as we say in the states.

if someone wanted to buy your daughter at that age gap, what would you do. i'd have a new planter in the yard, well fertilzed............ :roll: :roll:

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 10:00 am

You are focusing on the girl and her family and how it is accepted and has been for centuries etc etc... That may be so but the focus here should be on this paedophile making us all look bad!!!! Its disgusting and as La said he would be in prison in most civilised countries!!!! he is taking the p1ss out of thai culture using this country as a candy shop in which he has enough money to buy what ever he wants... he certainly took the buscuit here...

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » September 12, 2008, 10:07 am

here should be on this paedophile
name calling especially this one is a dangerous occupation, whatever he may or may not be, to call someone that is completely wrong unless you have knowledge about a person, that is unacceptable.
he may seel a younger girl, she may or may not be willing, but at the end of it, her family and she herself will go into this without being forced.
Say what you want but this man just may be honest and upright and very happy and he may die in two years from a heart attack.
Calling him names , we ar above that i am sure. his actions may not be to our liking but very very few of us have wives inside a 10 year age gap.
Guns

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 10:07 am

Guns482 wrote:
Its disgusting!!! which ever way you look at it... I cant believe you people are accepting this as ok!!! Its just wrong!!! This child is 366 days over 15!!!! He is a dirty old man....
When you consider that most of the royal families about 4-5oo years ago the wives were not much older and in fact the Infanta of Spain was only 12 when married, but then for our cultures then it was OK.
What is SO disgusting, him or her family, she is quite happy ( unless being forced) which IS against Thai Culture.
I note the comments but cannot help ralising that in many Thai Villages children as young as 14 are getting married, when I did a short spell as a teacher Girls from mateum two some were married and in M3 some had babies, Husbands not at school most over 30yrs old.
Now taking that Thailand has a surplus of women as against men, women catch what they can when they can if they want a man, as rarity makes it a competition. Good for us but bad for them.
A Circus, parts of the whole country area circus they do not need us as players they are very good at doing that themselves. :D
He is SO disgusting!!! He should know better, he is the educated one here, he is taking advantage of the situation..
You talk about a surplus of women... Have to agree yes... but were talking about a child here....BIG difference..

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 10:13 am

Guns its not name calling!!! The child is 17 and as we all know probably has the development of a 14 year old physically and mentally even younger... Now what kind of honest and upright man would marry this child???? Sorry but an honest upright person of 65 marrying a child does not exist... hes a paedophile and when i think of my young daughter im afraid i would snap if i saw him.... Hes taking the p1ss out of all fathers here......Hes not a decent person and in most countries would be a paedophile and definately a child molestor....

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » September 12, 2008, 10:19 am

I've known many 12 year olds that are mature enough to make decisions and conduct their own affairs, I've also seen many 45 years plus that haven't a clue. I don't know the folks involved so can't offer an opinion, but it seems bigwave does, nevertheless I wonder what criteria he is using to gage the young ladies mental state.

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 10:41 am

jetdoc wrote:I've known many 12 year olds that are mature enough to make decisions and conduct their own affairs, I've also seen many 45 years plus that haven't a clue. I don't know the folks involved so can't offer an opinion, but it seems bigwave does, nevertheless I wonder what criteria he is using to gage the young ladies mental state.
so have i but they tend to have an acceptable education. I dont need to know the "folks involved" Do you?????
the criteria i use??? let me see mmm mmmm I am shocked you even asked that question!!! lets say an average well educated 17 year old has not got the mental age or experience in life to marry a 65 year old man.... so lets go with probability here and we can all agree she is not well educated to a western standard so is even less likely to have the mental capacity to marry a 65 year old... The main criteria i use is decency! yes common decency.

SHE IS NOT AN ADULT..... HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE !!!!! now lets add another dimension to this: Thai Law!!
Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person. The parent or the child may file charge against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action. This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.

The word child and obsenity jump off the page here.....

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » September 12, 2008, 10:58 am

SHE IS NOT AN ADULT..... HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE !!!!!
By western standards or Thai standards, is that quote directed at us ( westerners) or them (Thais).
Whatever I do not condone the gentlemen's actions, but I also do not agree, in fact I am neutral. maybe he should know better, maybe she is very very intelligent, and he is very very stupid, whatever and whichever. may ( if this actually happens we are talking about a maybe not a certainty here), both be happy whatever they both percieve it to be, regardless of some of our comments and accusations and negativity.
Life goes on, in some ways we not like, agree too, or even underestand. WHO are we to poor scorn and ridicule on a person or anyone for that matter for something they are doing in the open, not behind closed doors you remember, a wedding in the offing not an elopment, but a Thai wedding in the village, where everyone and his brother can go. us too if we knew where and we wanted too.
Oh and by the way paedophile, is a person who engages in unlawful sexual acts with a minor, unfortunately in Thailand that is 14 and under, as you can marry here at 14 with consent of the parents. OK :D
Guns

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 11:04 am

In law enforcement, the term "***" is generally used to describe those accused or convicted of the sexual abuse of a minor (including both prepubescent children and adolescent minors younger than the local age of consent)

I rest my case... hes a paedophile in thailand....
Her parents and him are forcing this girl into this...she is not old enough in any civilised society to make this decision... money talks!!! i bet my house he has money and if he didnt this would not be an issue...

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 12, 2008, 11:21 am

Probably this farang has told them a steak and kidney pie about his money to get them all excited.Hope her teachers and all her shoolfriends go to the wedding,and hope he has enough things in common with a 17yr old to make it work,even that she can speak English to hold a conversation with him. ](*,)
Just hope it is not in my mooban estate!
What will probably happen if he does not settle here,is she will have a Thai boyfriend around her age while he is away. 8)

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » September 12, 2008, 11:34 am

"the criteria i use??? let me see mmm mmmm I am shocked you even asked that question!!! lets say an average well educated 17 year old has not got the mental age or experience in life to marry a 65 year old man.... so lets go with probability here and we can all agree she is not well educated to a western standard so is even less likely to have the mental capacity to marry a 65 year old... The main criteria i use is decency! yes common decency."

bigwave, with all do respect, your objection seems to be morality based rather than any known qualities the young lady may or may not possess. Folks often assume that education equals intelligence, it does not! From experience I can tell you that the young lady probably has it together more so than the older gentleman. It will be guaranteed the young lady will behave like a teenager and the old man will find himself trying to maintain a balancing act of being a pseudo father and spouse.

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » September 12, 2008, 11:36 am

It isn't just foreigners that do this, I've seen grown Thai men strutting about
with women obviously too young for them also. Like Pompui says, he will most
likely get what he deserves in the end, cuckolded and whatever money he's
spent lost. There's just no fool like an old farang with no experience fool.
If he wants a pretty young wife, he should go find himself a 30 year-old. #-o

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 12:34 pm

"bigwave, with all do respect, your objection seems to be morality based rather than any known qualities the young lady may or may not possess. Folks often assume that education equals intelligence, it does not! From experience I can tell you that the young lady probably has it together more so than the older gentleman. It will be guaranteed the young lady will behave like a teenager and the old man will find himself trying to maintain a balancing act of being a pseudo father and spouse."

Like i said this to me is not about the child, she would marry the guy if she was 14 for the money and her parents would still be happy!!! Surely the do's and donts and level of acceptance in society is based on morals or morality?? I know no other "reason" to base this view on... Any known qualities the child posses are irrelevant here, she is not an adult!! she cannot make adult decision here no matter how savvy she is... Its pretty much guarenteed that if the guy is so penis driven to marry a 17 year old that he is going to pay an expensive price eventually, because im pretty sure if the family can let this happen they are very savvy and their fortunes are about to change!!

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » September 12, 2008, 1:07 pm

IMHO, its disgusting, The legal age of consent is 18. The age that a Thai person may marry is 14, given the parents consent.

IMO, the point in question here, is the girls age, I am not one to normally generalise, but in this instance, I think I have to, a Thai child of 16, is not as as mature as many other nationalities, and in general, certainly not as well educated as western children! However what compounds the situation, is the very big age difference, in the excepted definition of a paedophile, he would not be classified as such, but maybe a better definition would be a "cradle snatcher".

What I ask myself, what would be my reaction if one of my daughters came home to me when she was aged 16, and said to me she wanted to marry a man of 65+, I think I would have had her committed under section 27 of the mental health act(UK).

For Guns to say "there are not many of us with wives inside a 10 year age gap" , is ridiculous, there is a big difference between an age gap of 10 years, and one of 50 YEARS!!!!!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 12, 2008, 2:14 pm

My stepdaughter is 16 1/2 and if you want to see horror on the face of Thais,just let us walk downtown holding hands like my daughter likes to do. :yikes:

I don't see this relationship as acceptable,but TIT and it seems to be about the money and it happens in many places although the husband probably wouldn't be falang!

I am also not going to judge the falang,although I think if it is about sex for him ,he should pay some of the very young prostitutes working in the gogo industry!

We are conditioned by Western values of morality!Imagine how you would feel if your 17 yr.old was with a man 50 years her senior.The idea makes me sick! [-X :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 12, 2008, 2:32 pm

Okay, if its for money, pay up, do the deed. What I don't understand is the marriage bit. What is he going to say when she wants to go to a disco with her young friends? What about when he wants to go to bed at 9.00pm and she is still out . How about when she puts hip-hop or something similar on the stereo.My teenage daughter hates getting up in the morning when most elderly guys are up at the crack of dawn.
So many differences in life styles over age, without the cultural differences.
Lets face it, many of us geriatrics lust over the girls in college uniforms, but for marriage, not on your life. I think two consecutive nights would dampen any ardour I might have had for ever. especially if the wife found out. :lol:

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 2:48 pm

many good points val, i agree wholeheartedly.. and what happens when the next farang takes a shine to her when shes still married??? I shudder to think about the possibilities!!!!

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 12, 2008, 3:04 pm

what happens when he tells her to turn the Boomerang channel off and do her homework, hope she is still in school. love to see him go pick her up at school, ,,,,, your great great great grandfather......no..husband. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 12, 2008, 3:12 pm

although the pajama parties could be good for him :evil: :evil: :evil:

steveway2
udonmap.com

Post by steveway2 » September 12, 2008, 3:34 pm

Bigwavedave is right.

This should not be condoned.

A child is a child. Adults should protect children.

Return to “Relationships”