Time to Drop LOS slogan

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
old-timer
udonmap.com

Re: Time to Drop LOS slogan

Post by old-timer » February 26, 2009, 5:13 pm

macduff wrote:
poolshark wrote:I feel it should be left the way it is..LOS.
Each member can have their own take on the LOS lettering.
these letters can stand for many thoughts.

land of smiles
land of sun
land of sex
land of scams
lack of security
lack of sense
lots of singa
](*,)
And the latest addition......... Land of Smog
and another latest addition - Living Out (of a) Suitcase - because that's all you own and all
you'll be taking back if it goes pear shaped - hahahahah
mortiboy wrote: This place still knock the spots off depressing UK! But don't say anything thats bad living here, or you'll get same old "phrase......*
very true mortiboy \:D/

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 26, 2009, 5:53 pm

saint wrote:
konstabel els wrote:if its that bad what what are you all doing there?
text removed . that is a question ive been asking myself for some time now . i mean ,i really dont know why i stick it out here . i live in a house that would cost over half a million sterling in the U K , i can play golf for less than a tenner , including someone lugging my bag about , it sunny all the time , what i wouldnt give to be freezing my tits off . just had a fabulous lunch at the mayer for less than a fiver , and worst of the worst , if i smile at a pretty girl in the street i usually get a loverly smile returned , instead of being glared at like i was a pervert . yep i really must be a masachist to live in a terrible place like this !!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: Shame on you!You can continue to live here,just don't verbalize your frustrations,because someone that feels they are more important than you might object and then tell you to go back where you came from! :lol: :lol:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 26, 2009, 6:02 pm

macduff wrote:

land of smiles
land of sun
land of sex
land of scams
lack of security
lack of sense
lots of singa
](*,)
And the latest late addition........Land of Sneers :evil:

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » February 26, 2009, 7:08 pm

Old timer....".and another latest addition - Living Out (of a) Suitcase - because that's all you own and all
you'll be taking back if it goes pear shaped - hahahahah"

If it comes to going back to UK, I'm off to the bridge of the headless farang! at Bangkok. :yikes:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » February 26, 2009, 7:15 pm

I like mortiboys the best because that is dead on you own nothing here

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » February 26, 2009, 11:22 pm

polehawk wrote:
macduff wrote:

land of smiles
land of sun
land of sex
land of scams
lack of security
lack of sense
lots of singa
](*,)
And the latest late addition........Land of Sneers :evil:
The very late addition..............Lack of oxygen due to Smog

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » February 27, 2009, 2:39 am

saint wrote:and worst of the worst , if i smile at a pretty girl in the street i usually get a loverly smile returned , instead of being glared at like i was a pervert .
Are you sure they weren't laughing at you rather than returning a smile?

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » February 27, 2009, 4:33 am

westerby wrote:
saint wrote:and worst of the worst , if i smile at a pretty girl in the street i usually get a loverly smile returned , instead of being glared at like i was a pervert .
Are you sure they weren't laughing at you rather than returning a smile?
When my wife first came over to the UK,she found the Thai people very ignorent and ignored her when she smiled at them especially in chinatown manchester.Not all of them but some of them.And dont say it;s because there mostly chinese in chinatown.I put it down to being in the UK in the first place,it's enough to make anybody miserable. :(

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 27, 2009, 5:03 am

Sorry,but the Chinese Thai in Thailand are mostly that way!Some will smile nod etc. if you start the interaction and they have a good enough reason to interact,like being a neighbor or customer,but most will ignore you as they don't really want to be involved!A lot of falang here are the same way!

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » February 27, 2009, 5:23 am

macduff wrote:[And dont say it;s because there mostly chinese in chinatown.I put it down to being in the UK in the first place,it's enough to make anybody miserable.
It's because they're mostly Chinese in Chinatown. I lived three years in Hong Kong - trust me, they're a miserable bunch. Combine that with living in Manchester and no wonder they're so down in the mouth. Even your common or garden happy Thai lady would find it grim in the industrial North. But hey, this is nothing to do with Vlad's original post, we're supposed to be talking about the Land of Smiles. Personally I subscribe to Trubrit's reply, if they're smiling then they have an ulterior motive. Maybe the Thai smile is directly proportional to the amount of Baht in a Farang's wallet. ;)

Chawk dee.

Mrs Westers don't smile unless old Westers is in alot of pain...

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » February 27, 2009, 2:44 pm

The point i was trying to put across is that my Thai wife was trying to interact with the Thai's of the UK who have surely picked up Land of the sour face :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 27, 2009, 3:34 pm

macduff wrote:The point i was trying to put across is that my Thai wife was trying to interact with the Thai's of the UK who have surely picked up Land of the sour face :D
:lol: If you have spent much time in Thailand,then you have learned that Thais are tribal,not particularly fond of Thais from other regions of the country.

The bottomline is ,if they have not known each other for a long time,they don't trust and shy away from involvement ,unless there is something to gain!

For Thais living in Falangland,unless very lonely for Thai companionship with languge and cultural aspects,I would imagine the same tribal ,region,class associatons would apply! :D

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 27, 2009, 4:42 pm

Thank's Westers. Since I posted the original post the culling count is 3-4 farrangs in the good old pearl of the Andaman. I have a buisness plan in mind but need a thai buisness partner I can trust. I have put an Action plan together in this order.

1 A healthy bank account
2 Sustainable assets back in blighty
3 When im relaxing after a hard days graft the warmth and love from my Tirac in my luxurious loom for her and some of her friend's from the entertainment complex she attends when im working.
4 A plan to join the local thai buisness partnership as I know my fellow buisnessmen will be on the same waveband as me.
5 And last only for my own protection my trusted personal bodyguard for any bad men who disagree with the way I run the buisness.

So my fellow freinds does my action plan sound a good 1, or have I got the order the wrong way round.

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » February 27, 2009, 11:28 pm

vlad wrote:Thank's Westers. Since I posted the original post the culling count is 3-4 farrangs in the good old pearl of the Andaman. I have a buisness plan in mind but need a thai buisness partner I can trust. I have put an Action plan together in this order.

1 A healthy bank account
2 Sustainable assets back in blighty
3 When im relaxing after a hard days graft the warmth and love from my Tirac in my luxurious loom for her and some of her friend's from the entertainment complex she attends when im working.
4 A plan to join the local thai buisness partnership as I know my fellow buisnessmen will be on the same waveband as me.
5 And last only for my own protection my trusted personal bodyguard for any bad men who disagree with the way I run the buisness.

So my fellow freinds does my action plan sound a good 1, or have I got the order the wrong way round.
Could someone please tell me what's this post got to do with the price of fish?

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 27, 2009, 11:37 pm

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. :? #-o

It doesn't sound anything to do with the Land of Smiles slogan, unless maybe it's the Land of Sangsom, or the Land of Riddles! #-o -though that would be handsome (LOR). ;)

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » February 28, 2009, 4:06 am

arjay wrote:Yes, I was wondering the same thing. :? #-o

It doesn't sound anything to do with the Land of Smiles slogan, unless maybe it's the Land of Sangsom, or the Land of Riddles! #-o -though that would be handsome (LOR). ;)
And could quite easily become...........The Land Of Sarcasm :D

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 28, 2009, 7:05 am

how about , land of senile ( old farts ) that is !!!!! i agree in part about thais smiling if they want something from you as trubrit suggests , but isnt this the norm for the rest of the world also ? every smile may not be sincere , but they do it with such grace . ive never been anywhere else in the world where the people smile as often . long may it continue .

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 28, 2009, 8:25 am

saint wrote:how about , land of senile ( old farts ) that is !!!!! i agree in part about thais smiling if they want something from you as trubrit suggests , but isnt this the norm for the rest of the world also ? every smile may not be sincere , but they do it with such grace . ive never been anywhere else in the world where the people smile as often . long may it continue .
:lol: I don't think anybody could argue with this statement,unless,of course,that is their purpose! :lol:

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » February 28, 2009, 3:15 pm

I think were all getting a bit paronoid now :fryingpan:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 28, 2009, 9:30 pm

Land Of Suicide.... :(

Return to “Relationships”