My wife's father like boxing - so boxing me was no problem.

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
farangano
udonmap.com

My wife's father like boxing - so boxing me was no problem.

Post by farangano » May 17, 2009, 12:54 pm

But now what do I do? Sue or stay low profile or what? My thai wife has basically taken me for every penny I had and latest I paid down 100.000 BATH on a Toyota Yaris which she owns. She wants to take it back now to the shop and not pay because she has no money. I pay. Every time I say "budget" she is angry and her father and mother are called and they too are now angry. "What a stingy farang who don't want to cough up every time - 25.000 for gold, 125.000 last year for 28 days my wife was alone while I sold my house in Europe, paid for her daughters school etc. etc. etc.

Are there any farang/thai club or similar in Udon Thani city and/or someone who is willing to in person to assist or help me understand and at least guide me in some peculiar way.

I have a son with my thai wife and this boy is so sweet and nice and loving which I can't say for my thai wife and her father and mother who only knows 5 things in life which is 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 note money BATH!

We where married in Europe and my son has double citizenship and we are currently officially on paper living in our house in Europe. We rent a nice big house in Udon now but even this is not good enough - my wife likes to go visit her mother - and talk. Talk and talk... and plan their next move.

Well, do I just pull out and give up - any ideas are welcomed. If you would like to meet in person I would be happy about this and we could meet somewhere welknown in Udon city at a mall or restaurant.

Kindest
Farang man

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: My wife's father like boxing - so boxing me was no problem.

Post by BKKSTAN » May 17, 2009, 2:27 pm

I would take my son and everything I could get my hands on legally here and leave.Wouldn't even say goodbye!

Because it sounds like you are in a box with no way out here!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 17, 2009, 2:45 pm

I agree with Stan.

There's only so much you can put up with. Wont be easy, but time to move on.

Go to the next Night Market get together, plenty of guys there to help with advice.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » May 17, 2009, 3:43 pm

Meeting up with the guys at the monthly meeting sounds like your best idea. That was very heavy duty for your first post, hope you have nothing to do with mc, that would be a shame. Anyway, plenty of good listeners at the meetings.

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » May 17, 2009, 3:55 pm

I would suggest that your best bet could be all of you, (less the inlaws :yikes: ) to move back to your home country, If she refuses, then say bye - bye.

The main reason (IMHO) for the break up of relationships here in Asia, is peer pressure, and their "advice" on how to extract the maximum in the shortest time.

It may be that by getting her away from these pressures, she may be a different person.

????? Did you have the same problems when you were to-gether in your home country?????

All the best

Ralph

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 17, 2009, 5:30 pm

Your made a down payment on the Toyota of 100000 baht, so if its still on finance don't pay anymore..if she is paying from her bank with money coming from your bank stop the transfers...the finance company will take the car back and she will probably end up with nothing......if you want to end it, agreed ,take your son, should be no problem as he has dual passport (but possibly might be asked at immigration why you are travelling alone with him or maybe not) get back to your place in europe and start again., it will be 10 x as hard to do without your child though if you took that route....make a clean break away from her and her family, all just opinions of course and easy for us to say,but the end choice is yours, if you stick with it ..does a leopard change its spots..?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 17, 2009, 6:13 pm

Just to add...'Hit Them Where it Hurts'......no more baht.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » May 17, 2009, 6:36 pm

never put all your eggs in one basket I was told that when I was 5 so if you had your money in two accounts and she had access to only one account you would be safe today. I trust my wife with my life
but she can not get one baht from my account in the USA I bring in what the immigration law says
and only extra when I need the extra once it in thailand she has total control over the funds

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 17, 2009, 6:59 pm

grab all the liquid assets you can and run as fast as you can, w/your son. enjoy life back in europe, don't even think about discussing or talking options w/family, as soon as you know they are out for a day or two, or send them somewhere for the weekend, then RUN, and never look back. if possible, transfer all assets in europe to trusted relative, just in case she gets smart lawyer.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 17, 2009, 7:11 pm

Exit via Laos and Vientiane might be a better option than Bangkok - you can be out of the country in a couple of hours & out of Laos and on your way back to Europe a few hours later.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » May 17, 2009, 7:14 pm

LA has it in a nut shell.Element of surprise.She and her family will drain you dry.If she loved you, You woulnt have this problem.
Cant you see, You are juat a money man to them.Try to see sense.There is no reale relation ship there.Nebver was...never will be.
There is a saying....Be kind to yourself.Dont waste any time or money....Get out! Hopefully, with son.
Do it...now.Later too late.
You dont have future there.Think of yourself Pal....No one else will. DO IT!

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » May 17, 2009, 9:51 pm

Farangano,,,,,,,,, If I understood your original post correctly,,,, the family has no concern about your health or welfare. IF your father-in-law has physically struck you and your other remarks are accurate,,,,, you are a fool to stay in your situation and if you stay there you deserve whatever you get. Take the advice here on the forum,,, be pleasant to them,,,, make your plans,,,,,, take your kid and get the hell out! cut your losses and leave whatever possessions you have to here,, but leave,,,,,, don't stay somewhere in Thailand.... that life is over, forget it. Move on,, the idea about crossing the border at Nong Khai and flying on to europe immediately is a good one. Take a neighborhood taxi or samlor to the bus station or airport and mention to them you're going with your son to Pattaya for a week. Then get across the border to Laos,,,, don't wait for a cheap flight, pay whatever you have to.

Good luck,,LL

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 17, 2009, 10:10 pm

Well,you have a consenus of agreement from all the posters,but I would bet that it is 100-1 shot that you will take the advice.Hope I am wrong,especially with a son involved.He needs to be educated outside Thailand anyway!

farangano
udonmap.com

Post by farangano » May 17, 2009, 10:23 pm

My dear - I did not expect so many replies so short. I am overwhelmed and happy about this.

Yes, I told my wife: "no more bath next month june 2009 and forward". Then she went of probably to her mother to talk and plan next move. 5 hours later she came back smiling and nice-faced and all tickle-my-toe-so-happy kind of way.

The sceeming goes on.

The story is naturally more complicated and infiltrated than what I wrote first but I basically have got the essence.

I shall try one day perhaps as soon as next week to go to that market. I need some farang input other than my wife's family-cousin-father-mother thai ways and twist-my-head get-his-BATH stuff.

My wife's father and mother are working class with all respect but thai bath is the only thing they know about day-to-day.

I am in a kind of chock mode but I need to slowly get out with some savings from my pension before I drop dead with her family manipulating every idea I have in life.

I thank you very much and I hope one day I shall find my true love - my wife is not. She is nice in a Paris Hilton style way - far from as pretty as PH God forbid so one day I hope my son and I can rest in the arms of my true love where ever she might be.

I am planning now yes - and then I am gone. It is a timing issue now. I am now left with my monthly good pension and I need to save for safety-ticket-out-of-here before she even knows it - me gone and son.

That my father-in-law has struck me as he did is also why I am in chock mode right now. I know they he and everyone else in this family care one little bit about me - not one single tiny bit. Nothing. This God forbid it father-in-law is to me - as I said to my wife - a dog and my wife's mother a rat. My wife - well, a silly-father-is-patriarch-love-him-no-matter-how-stupid-he-his kind of girl.

I married the wrong girl - I married her mother! And her family is a gang.

Now I need to play the game. Can be I will sue him for boxing me via Siam Legal but again everything is timing now.

farangano
udonmap.com

Post by farangano » May 17, 2009, 10:25 pm

PS. Where and when is the next Night Market get together? Any info. on this? Thank you.

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » May 18, 2009, 1:45 am

The next night market meeting is the 13th June :D :D :D

P.S. Glad to see you have come up with a plan of action :D :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 18, 2009, 3:46 am

farangano wrote: That my father-in-law has struck me as he did is also why I am in chock mode right now. I know they he and everyone else in this family care one little bit about me - not one single tiny bit. Nothing.

Now I need to play the game. Can be I will sue him for boxing me via Siam Legal but again everything is timing now.
sorry didn't grasp this bit from the first post...so he gave you a whack..?

Yes plan it and plan it good, stay one step ahead..and try to be nice so they won't suspect anything is wrong and about to happen.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 18, 2009, 4:29 am

Lao that is a good idea, yuo can just say your son and yuo are going for ride. It will even be true, just a long one. I will caution you since violence has come into play already, They get one hint of what yuor going to do, your worth more dead then alive.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 18, 2009, 4:42 am

The thought did cross my mind also...
So thats why you need to play it cool..be nice and plan it good.
Can be I will sue him for boxing me via Siam Legal but again everything is timing now.
Is it worth it..? would think about that one if i was you.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 18, 2009, 5:18 am

Me I would forget about the law suit whats to gain but revenge, cut your losses. Me being who I am I wouldn't leave Thailand but we are all different and I don't have kids educations to think of.

anyway good luck

Return to “Relationships”