Female Advice: New Thai Girlfriend/Money

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 7, 2013, 10:12 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
CanadianGuy64 wrote:Hello all.
I haven't been on this forum for almost a year now but thought I'd come back to see where this posting led.
Seems to have petered out.
An update.
CanadianGuy64 wrote:Hello all.

She seems to want the same things in life as me (a family) and things are moving in the right direction.

Cheers.
You're a Canadian but you do not mention among your wants a favourite team to win the Grey Cup, the hope that a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup, poutine, White Spot/Harvey's, Mooseheads et al. Very strange.
Clearly the Blue Jays are a bridge too far. :D

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 8, 2013, 12:40 am

The Blue Jays are an afterthought to that other favourite Canadian team, the Detroit Tigers. 555+
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » June 8, 2013, 3:32 am

How? Can an intelligent male make such a -------- of himself? What OT is talking about is a fairly intelligent middle aged / retired guy suddenly start talking like a Mong when a young WFB is in his company. It happens all the time and its OTs cringe factor number 1. I even know a bloke who tells his juvenile wife that he missed her when he went out for five minutes, and says cheers,I love you, and clinks glasses with every drink. Where's the puking up smiley. OTs advice is to never get besotted with a WFB, let them get besotted about you.

OT............... \:D/

Paullovesoldfords
udonmap.com

Post by Paullovesoldfords » June 30, 2013, 2:19 am

I wish i had been wiser but even at school i never did do my home work!! Just catching up on some of these threads and the words ring true follow your gut. i wish i had instead of falling for my ex's reverse psychology ploy. Still university of life is a great teacher. Next time a pretty face says you no love me you not buy gold i will have learned!!

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 30, 2013, 10:02 am

The Gik or the Mia Noi won't ask for money or gold at first, they will ask you to take them "shopping".
Shopping for a mobile phone, tablet computer, imported Italian handbag, and expensive branded lacy underwear.
The gold and money comes after you have had a few shags, and roots.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

CanadianGuy64
udonmap.com

Post by CanadianGuy64 » August 2, 2013, 6:32 pm

old-timer
What makes you so sure she isn't besotted with me?
She has a degree. Works as a teacher. Doesn't ask for money. Visited and she paid for many things for me.
I want her to visit me in Canada and offered to pay her flight but she won't visit until she has the money saved to pay for herself.
She has nothing to do with the bar/hotel/travel industry and all her friends are working as teachers, etc.
She has never dated a man who isn't Thai before so doesn't have an agenda.
She knows English only from studying it in university and may have used it some while living in Bangkok.
Following previous "walkaway rules" and no warning signs.
No, I am not a moron.
So much arrogance on this forum it's unbelievable. People like old-timer enjoy the feeling of superiority experience has brought him I suppose.
I think she's a great girl and am happy to have met her.
Any guys visiting Thailand, beware as in the "walkaway rules" above.
If she does ever start looking for me to take her shopping, etc. , I will walk away, but I've seen enough to know she isn't that kind of girl.
Not all girls in Thailand are the same. Stay away from bargirls and those who associate with them (for those new to Thailand). They love to play games with foreigners.
I suppose I came off as a little too "besotted" to be taken seriously but am not a moron. Have actually found a good girl. I know most reading this don't give a ****, but I started this post and chose to add to the story.
Hope anyone who is visiting Thailand and is falling for a local girl takes heed to all posted on this thread.
Test her to see her true motives, and good luck. Hope you find one of the good ones like I did.
Totally happy with my decisions.
Don't see a need to be on this forum again.
Thanks to those who gave me good advice earlier while I was unaware.
Cheers.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 2, 2013, 7:18 pm

CanadianGuy64 wrote: Don't see a need to be on this forum again.
Cheers.
Enjoy your retirement under the bridge. :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 2, 2013, 7:23 pm

CanadianGuy64 wrote: So much arrogance on this forum it's unbelievable.
I wouldn't be so harsh with the judgement....read your initial post again. Try posting it on ANY Thai-related forum and I'd guess you'd get the same sort of responses. You asked for advice and some people gave it to you.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 2, 2013, 11:35 pm

Well the truth is a lot of us have found great wives and girlfriends in Thailand so it is not an impossible feat.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 3, 2013, 5:52 am

if there is any arrogance on display here it's in the final remark of the OP. I personally had a good laugh at OT's post. He had , in his own imitable way, put into words of humour, the thoughts of many of us.If you come onto this forum asking for advise, you get it, based on our own varied experiences, which can be good or bad, depending on the subject.On this particular one most of us, even those in a good relationship now, have been through the mill at some time. I am only surprised at the number of times we are asked this one and been ignored or insulted by the writer, that anyone bothers too reply in a serious vein . I certainly don't. When I read a new one my immediate thought is"Another ****" and that's not meant to be insulting, because I too have been one, just a recognition of the gullibility of man in general .Be thankful that this forum exists and it's members are still willing to try and prevent you becoming another victim. I hope your relationship turns out as long lasting and as happy as mine, but if it doesn't learn from your time at WBU. :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 5, 2013, 1:13 am

A post has been removed. If you believe that a word should be removed from (or even added to) the banned words list, please let the Mods know by PM and we'll consider your request/suggestion and send you a reply. However, we ask that you not circumvent the process by parsing the word in such a way that the automatic word censor won't see it.

Thank you.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » October 6, 2013, 6:16 pm

trubrit wrote:if there is any arrogance on display here it's in the final remark of the OP. I personally had a good laugh at OT's post. He had , in his own imitable way, put into words of humour, the thoughts of many of us.If you come onto this forum asking for advise, you get it, based on our own varied experiences, which can be good or bad, depending on the subject.On this particular one most of us, even those in a good relationship now, have been through the mill at some time. I am only surprised at the number of times we are asked this one and been ignored or insulted by the writer, that anyone bothers too reply in a serious vein . I certainly don't. When I read a new one my immediate thought is"Another ****" and that's not meant to be insulting, because I too have been one, just a recognition of the gullibility of man in general .Be thankful that this forum exists and it's members are still willing to try and prevent you becoming another victim. I hope your relationship turns out as long lasting and as happy as mine, but if it doesn't learn from your time at WBU. :-"
This is good advice and deserves to be at the top of a page.

Any update from the OP'er? :-s
Every day I wake up is a good day.

glenmac

Post by glenmac » January 27, 2014, 9:56 am

Ha everyone for those trying to find a thai girl do not give up after looking for 6 months 5 years ago i found a nice thai
girl in thailove links she never asked for money and because i was busy with my work for the first two years she come to me, i was 50 she was 33 with a 8 year old girl it takes a little while for a thai girl to warm up to you however after about 6 months she will start to fall in love with you.

My girl is from Udon Thani i am a aussie she has good work and now we are thinking about getting married, if you are looking stay away from holiday places find a girl in a country city.

I would have talked to 100 girls before i found my thai lady so keep trying.

CanadianGuy64
udonmap.com

Post by CanadianGuy64 » March 17, 2014, 6:35 am

Hello. It's the OP again.
I've been off the site for a while and decided to take a peek to see if there was any response to my last post.
I like true brits response:

trubrit wrote:
if there is any arrogance on display here it's in the final remark of the OP. I personally had a good laugh at OT's post. He had , in his own imitable way, put into words of humour, the thoughts of many of us.If you come onto this forum asking for advise, you get it, based on our own varied experiences, which can be good or bad, depending on the subject.On this particular one most of us, even those in a good relationship now, have been through the mill at some time. I am only surprised at the number of times we are asked this one and been ignored or insulted by the writer, that anyone bothers too reply in a serious vein . I certainly don't. When I read a new one my immediate thought is"Another ****" and that's not meant to be insulting, because I too have been one, just a recognition of the gullibility of man in general .Be thankful that this forum exists and it's members are still willing to try and prevent you becoming another victim. I hope your relationship turns out as long lasting and as happy as mine, but if it doesn't learn from your time at WBU. :-"

I admit looking back that I was probably defensive at the time and there was no need to react so strongly. I took old timers remarks about turning into a "mong" as a personal attack as opposed to a general witness of what often happens. Sorry for the attack old timer and yes, I have shown myself in the past to be gullible, yes I did come here looking for advice, and yes it's good to be warned of what has happened to many of us who venture in.
I am still seeing the new girl I described. I'm taking my time. She is still showing me to be a great girl (supports herself, is honest and hard working and no drama!). I think I may have found one of the good ones.
Thanks to all who warned me of the dangers and signs of what to look for.
I will be visiting her again soon in the near future. Wish me luck that I see who she really is and it continues.
I don't come on this site anymore as I don't have the drama I did with the first girl I described and I've learned what some of the warning signs are and don't feel I need any more advice. I'd be surprised if I'm being fooled here (I think I have a good idea of her character after knowing her for a year now) but will be sure to update should any surprises come up in the future.
Take care and thanks again to all for the advice/wisdom.
Cheers.

len ames
udonmap.com

Post by len ames » March 17, 2014, 6:59 am

jai yen yen
August 2, 2013, 11:35 pm
Well the truth is a lot of us have found great wives and girlfriends in Thailand so it is not an impossible feat.

Here here well said

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » March 17, 2014, 8:12 am

If you have to ask then you should not be here, you want a hooker then you ask what is the price simple.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » March 17, 2014, 3:59 pm

Very good answer Reddevil =D>
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » April 15, 2014, 11:02 pm

most relationships in thailand work with a 2 way bennifit,farang has the company of a beautiful thai woman,the thai woman has security with money,this mutual relationship can last long time if she is happy with money you can afford to pay her,but it will finnish when your money runs out rember that

pmc
udonmap.com

Post by pmc » April 16, 2014, 5:18 am

most but not all.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 16, 2014, 7:04 am

pmc wrote:most but not all.
Correct. I know through personal experience
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “Relationships”