Female Advice: New Thai Girlfriend/Money

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 11, 2012, 11:46 am

by Laan Yaa Mo » July 11, 2012, 12:57 am

"Whatever (จ้างมันเต๊อะ)."

WAT( :lol: Is this intended as, a pronoun or adjective? Wat happened to the rest of the sentence? [-X

"You are such a dreadfully conceited bore at times. 555+"

For someone who takes every opportunity to slip into his posts, not so subtle comments lauding his self perceived achievements, vast experiience and superior knowledge in all topics, very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black! A similar response to your previous inaccurate but hilarious response of over 592 words when you referred to ME as long wnded! :D :lol:
It is also sad indeed that, for an alleged educated and intelligent person, you should be reduced to personal abuse as a last resort to evade answering reasonable questions, and to cover your embarassment. :oops: I am sure you are aware of the time proven adage "Personal abuse is the last resort of the ...................." which, like many before you, you have demonstrated to be only too true.
For ust this once in serious vein and, hopefully, resurrecting this topc from out of the gutter level of personal abuse.

In closing, I state categorically that your derogatory self righteouos view, and stereo typing of any group of people, or of relationships per sem, (e.g. old/young couples),is , to say the least, distasteful and insulting to many thousands of decent people both within and outside the relationships of which you are so dismissive and critical.The unpleasant views you express, apart from being absolute nonsense, have no foundation in fact.
Remarkably, each and every person in this world of countless millions is both unique and individual, and the same is true of relationships beteen any two or more persons. Of course, there are frequently some similarities but never are any two persons or any TWO relationships, (let alone a multitiude number of a type of relationship, as you seek to maintain), identical.
I respectfully suggest you examine the possible personal experience(s) giving rise to the intransigent views you have expressed, and also that you research thoroughy the fields of Human Behaviour and Human Relationships. Thereafter, you might possibly become just a little more humble and respectful towards your fellow human beings, of whatever inferior class, or group to you, that you perceive them to be.
I am done on this topic. So do feel free to post further abuse, or details of further unique personal achievements, or more of your unsubstantiated 'facts' in the comforting knowledge they will go unchallenged.
Have a good day.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 11, 2012, 2:16 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Whatever (จ้างมันเต๊อะ).

You are such a dreadfully conceited bore at times. 555+
Bout time to stand up and answer the challenge Sir :pirate:

udonthani
udonmap.com

Post by udonthani » July 11, 2012, 3:27 pm

Who in the hell has said 70 is an old age, you are never older than you feel, and if you are fit for fight and has a healthy life, what then? My wife is much younger than me (30 years to be exact), and we has been together during the last 10+ years, I love her very much and has no problem in satisfying her, and visa versa, no drugs used, thank you :lol: , and I have no reason to believe the love not is mutual, I am so tiered of reading this garbish about age, when are you too old? I will admit that some of the writings are true, but most are only assumptions. I know that an older man and a young wife is not much accepted in our society, but where is the limit for age difference between man and wife? we do not have much money, but I have a good health and my wife has a good (and well paid) job, and we love each other very much, which all in our neighbourhood and family, both here and back home can tell. Maybe I am getting younger through her, and so what?
Moon

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » July 11, 2012, 5:47 pm

How about when children are involved? 70 year old father 30 something year old mother? What kind of family will these kids grow up in? Just a thought. Who's going to raise and support these kids?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 12, 2012, 2:06 am

Khun Mathusalah80, yes you are correct about the slur. I apologise for that.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 12, 2012, 6:30 am

merchant seaman wrote:How about when children are involved? 70 year old father 30 something year old mother? What kind of family will these kids grow up in? Just a thought. Who's going to raise and support these kids?
The kid will be dumped on her mother or aunt and when he is brown bread she will have to go away to find another.Tis a shame when the kid graduates the father will be 90 years old,always thought a 70 years old would have had the snip a longtime ago so would not get into the situation in the first place :-k

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » July 12, 2012, 8:53 am

If a 70 year old Farlang had only a little money and had the same income as an average Thai would a 40 year old Thai lady marry him? No disrespect to anyone but we all know what the answer is in 99.9% of the cases.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 12, 2012, 9:47 am

pompui wrote:,always thought a 70 years old would have had the snip a longtime ago so would not get into the situation in the first place :-k
Twisted logic, for sure. I think supposedly well educated people make stupid statements like this just to justify their own miserable existence. Pompui in your world do only old people die? A few months ago we attended the funeral of a 35 year old Thai man who was killed in a motorcycle accident, leaving behind two children under the age of six. I suppose you would have counseled him to get "snipped a long time ago so he would not get into that situation". So do you guys recommend that anyone over the age of 60 avoid any personal attachments, and sit around playing checkers, or visiting restaurants, so they won't disappoint anyone when they eventually die and end their lonely existence?

I am 72 years old, my wife is 36,and we have a two and a half year old daughter. We did not "get into that situation". We thought long and hard about it, even consulted a fertility clinic, tested for her exact date of ovulation, etc. When I finally kick the bucket my daughter will be well fixed as she receives a US Social Security check each month until she is 18, so she now has more income than the teachers at her school. And the wife will likely go back to work as she did before she married this old geezer. In fact she's now talking about opening a shop now that the little one is in school. That, and a closely knit family structure, doesn't make me worry one bit about my daughter's future.

mykthemin
udonmap.com

Post by mykthemin » July 12, 2012, 11:18 am

Well said that man.

Saboo
udonmap.com

Post by Saboo » July 12, 2012, 11:27 am

jimboLV wrote:
pompui wrote:,always thought a 70 years old would have had the snip a longtime ago so would not get into the situation in the first place :-k
Twisted logic, for sure. I think supposedly well educated people make stupid statements like this just to justify their own miserable existence. Pompui in your world do only old people die? A few months ago we attended the funeral of a 35 year old Thai man who was killed in a motorcycle accident, leaving behind two children under the age of six. I suppose you would have counseled him to get "snipped a long time ago so he would not get into that situation". So do you guys recommend that anyone over the age of 60 avoid any personal attachments, and sit around playing checkers, or visiting restaurants, so they won't disappoint anyone when they eventually die and end their lonely existence?

I am 72 years old, my wife is 36,and we have a two and a half year old daughter. We did not "get into that situation". We thought long and hard about it, even consulted a fertility clinic, tested for her exact date of ovulation, etc. When I finally kick the bucket my daughter will be well fixed as she receives a US Social Security check each month until she is 18, so she now has more income than the teachers at her school. And the wife will likely go back to work as she did before she married this old geezer. In fact she's now talking about opening a shop now that the little one is in school. That, and a closely knit family structure, doesn't make me worry one bit about my daughter's future.
No amount of money will replace growing up not having her father… You cannot compare someone dying from an accident to that of dying from old age… one is unexpected the other inevitable…
I too think you are very foolish bring a new life into this world knowing you may not be around to act as a parent…

Mod Note
Some of this post removed as it amounted to a personal attack.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 12, 2012, 12:19 pm

Sorry but I just don't see the logic in saying don't have a child because you may not be around to act as a parent. Well at least that would solve the world's supposed overpopulation problem.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » July 12, 2012, 12:35 pm

And reduce the burden on tax payer's and save social security for those who have earned it.

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » July 12, 2012, 2:54 pm

Your wife will get a SS check also, right Jimbo? Anything need to be done beforehand?

Really gotta get up on this stuff... Thanks for advising.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 12, 2012, 3:26 pm

No Jed, sadly my wife will not get anything, not even survivor's benefit if and when I die. This is because she is Thai. Only wives from countries that are predominantly white get survivor's benefits. Otherwise she would have to have lived in the US for five years while married to me, clearly impossible. For example if she was English, Belgian, etc. she would get benefits when she reaches 65 approximately half of what mine is, whether I was alive or dead. This is a sore point with me that my country has a policy that is pure racist. :evil: I know the rationale is that some countries have some kind of reciprocal agreement in place, but when you look at the list, it is mostly white countries with the exception of South Korea, I believe.

American Citizens Abroad (ACA) has been lobbying to overturn this for a while but to no avail. They have a pretty good FAQ on their website that answers this and a lot of other questions about SSS for American citizens living abroad.

http://www.aca.ch/joomla/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=45

udonthani
udonmap.com

Post by udonthani » July 12, 2012, 3:32 pm

merchant seaman wrote:If a 70 year old Farlang had only a little money and had the same income as an average Thai would a 40 year old Thai lady marry him? No disrespect to anyone but we all know what the answer is in 99.9% of the cases.
Where did you got those numbers from? What is an average Thai income? (workers or educated) do you know what you are talking about? My visa is depended on my pension, and as according nto Thai laws it shd. be at least 40.000,-/month, and what is the difference between a man killed in trafic and a man of age who has been present all the time. None my friend, it is still a dead companion and supporter.
By the way, has this thread not moved far away from the beginning?
Moon

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » July 12, 2012, 3:59 pm

Well, that's a drag, and thanks for the info and link LV.

Yes, I am talking about Thai wife and money, as I think the other people are also.

So at least my son will get some money. Until 18. He's an American also, yes.

No, wife not, despite having been there with me 4 times now; doubt we'll get to the 5-year threshold.

Hmmm. Don't think I wanna think about this too much; I'm feelin' rather sore already.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 12, 2012, 4:21 pm

Yes Jed, if you haven't already done so, get him a passport and SSN. Then you call the US Embassy in Manila and they will set it up. They will only pay retroactive for 6 months. If you have any questions or need details PM me, as we have now drifted waaaay off topic. :D

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 12, 2012, 5:34 pm

by Laan Yaa Mo » July 12, 2012, 2:06 am

"Khun Mathusalah80, yes you are correct about the slur. I apologise for that."

Khun Laan, I respect, accept and thank you for your apology. Enjoy your trip back to Thailand.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 12, 2012, 5:59 pm

Saboo wrote:
jimboLV wrote:

No amount of money will replace growing up not having her father… You cannot compare someone dying from an accident to that of dying from old age… one is unexpected the other inevitable…
I too think you are very foolish bring a new life into this world knowing you may not be around to act as a parent…

Mod Note
Some of this post removed as it amounted to a personal attack.
If you still have any concerns I suggest in a few years time you ask the Girl if she is happy with the gift of life, with or without a Father !!

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » July 12, 2012, 6:12 pm

jimboLV wrote:No Jed, sadly my wife will not get anything, not even survivor's benefit if and when I die. This is because she is Thai. Only wives from countries that are predominantly white get survivor's benefits. Otherwise she would have to have lived in the US for five years while married to me, clearly impossible. For example if she was English, Belgian, etc. she would get benefits when she reaches 65 approximately half of what mine is, whether I was alive or dead. This is a sore point with me that my country has a policy that is pure racist. :evil: I know the rationale is that some countries have some kind of reciprocal agreement in place, but when you look at the list, it is mostly white countries with the exception of South Korea, I believe.

American Citizens Abroad (ACA) has been lobbying to overturn this for a while but to no avail. They have a pretty good FAQ on their website that answers this and a lot of other questions about SSS for American citizens living abroad.
There is now no Widows Pension in the UK...all widows get a Burial Allowance of about 1500GBP and the sum of 2000GBP to assist them for the first year after her husbands death, This applies to Residents and Ex Pats widows.

Return to “Relationships”