Successfull Farang-Thai Relationships

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » August 25, 2012, 10:46 pm

There are always posts on guys getting done over, ripped off, cheated on by their thai wives.
It's always doom and gloom stories from Thai/farang post, how about some positive posts????
It be good to see how many guys are happily married, length of marriage and age difference.
I'll start.
8 years together, two children, very happy and 15 year age difference.

udonthani
udonmap.com

Post by udonthani » August 25, 2012, 11:42 pm

I can beat that. 8+ years together 2 lovely girls 13 and 17,age difference is 30 years, and I can assure you, that we are all very happy and have a good life, never any harsh words between us, never had a fight or a loud discussion [-X , good family relations to 2 sisters and children and her parents. We used to live in the same house, but 3 years ago her parents has build a new house and has given the present house to us. As I used to say, I have a good health and my wife has a good job =D> I am doing all the work at home, gardening, loundry etc., and my wife is making the food, b.cause I am not goot in making thai food, and it works fine. We are not visiting bars, but are often going to some of our favorite restaurents for eating, or going out to friends. We have just spend 5 days the whole family (10 pers.) on a very good vacation to Bang San, we all stayed in the same house, no problems atall (well I got too much sun) :D .
Moon

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » August 25, 2012, 11:46 pm

Have to agree with the above 2 posts ,,,,,,,, focus on the happy positive relationships , im sure there are just as many of them as horror stories if not more ,,, imo its only the bad news that gets good press ...

mash

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » August 26, 2012, 7:22 am

Myself I just love a bad Thai Girlfriend. As long as the wife doesn't find out. A mad Thai wife ain't good.

threestags
udonmap.com

Post by threestags » August 26, 2012, 10:18 am

Been married for 21 years and we were together 3 years before that. Have two kids, now 20 and 17. Perhaps I should consider myself lucky!

sfbandung
udonmap.com

Post by sfbandung » August 26, 2012, 11:40 am

3 years. 19 year age gap. I've got 3 kids from previous relationships and her 1.

3 years isn't long I know but I couldn't be happier. Sister is married to a Brit for 10 years and he's the same as me. Crazy about her. The key seems to be the parents. Good quality, hard working people. Never been hit up for cash. Never.

udonthani
udonmap.com

Post by udonthani » August 26, 2012, 4:09 pm

How good it is to hear that there are also happy people out there. I agree with prenders88, it is quite often the family who causes all the problems, but in the end, it is also a question about respect for the individual, and I mean mutual respect. From above and other readings, it looks like education also plays a big role here, better edudated more difficult for farangs to catch. This is understable, the thai girl (also other girls) is looking for a secure and good life, and by culture she wants to pay back to parents. If she works in a bar or alike (very often under educated 6-8 years in school only) she has already tasted the sweet life with much money, good tips and other benefits, and it will be very hard for her to settle down with and older farang, special when she discover she can get it all. The better or higher educated girls has other goals in their life, and an old farang is certainly not one of them.
What I mean is, there are girls and there are good girls and wifes out there, but think (with the right head :oops: ) before you act, and try to imagine yourself and her together 25+ years forward, if this is what you want, then go after it. I can assure you when you find the right thai wife, you will have a very devoted and sweet girl in your house, take good care about her, and never look after other girls, and you will end up as a happy man. After all this is what you came for in the first place, and not the bars or bar girls and drinking beer and wasting your life, you could have done this in your homeland as well.
Moon

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » August 26, 2012, 4:34 pm

sfbandung wrote:The key seems to be the parents. Good quality, hard working people.
Yep, same as in ANY country! My wife comes from a middle class family (by Thai standards). Her father has worked as an xray technician at the governtment hospital for 32 years and lives in a nice home. She and her sister are both university graduates. November will be 5 years for us. No kids (I had the big "V" more than 20 years ago). 39 year age difference (yeah... WOW).
Every day I wake up is a good day.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 27, 2012, 12:35 pm

hmm.. got together with the Thai wife in October of 1973... Been together coming on 39 years.. 3 kids all grown.. . Been all over the world together and through lots of issues but still together... She has minimal family so the extended Thai family problems never occurred.
Dave

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » August 27, 2012, 2:07 pm

grievous wrote:There are always posts on guys getting done over, ripped off, cheated on by their thai wives.
It's always doom and gloom stories from Thai/farang post, how about some positive posts????
It be good to see how many guys are happily married, length of marriage and age difference.
6 years together and 3,5 years married. More happy and in love every day.
Age difference 15 years.
Honest, polite and hardworking family.

pompui
udonmap.com

Why Western men often end up with a bad Thai Girlfriend

Post by pompui » August 27, 2012, 2:30 pm

Met 13 yrs ago,married 7 yrs ago,age difference 14 yrs and happy as pie 8)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 27, 2012, 2:51 pm

Just my observation and I'll stand corrected, here in Ban Dung I'm putting a figure of about 40% completely stable, 20% have their moments, 10% in limbo and the remaining 30% are washing up if not already done so!

Finances, family/greed seem to be the common factor when it goes tits up.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » August 27, 2012, 2:54 pm

married 20 years, still on our honeymoon so don't know if it will last or not

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 27, 2012, 3:04 pm

Just to add: After >11 years of happy and stable marriage I'll place myself in the 40% bracket although there are some family members I'd prefer not to deal with.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » August 27, 2012, 5:46 pm

After know my women for 8 ears and happy marriage for soon 6 years and having a nice little daughter soon 5 i count me in in the 40% as well!.Never ever have any problem whit family!
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » August 28, 2012, 10:23 am

Together for 5 years. Thai family hardworking and honest, poorish, but never ask for money (we provide some when required). Thai wife - hardworking, honest, reliable, loving, caring, smart. Gets better every day. Maybe I'm lucky

NavyDude
udonmap.com

Post by NavyDude » August 28, 2012, 1:15 pm

13 years married,two kids. No age diffence between us 8) . Best wife,friend,companion you could ever find :D

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » August 28, 2012, 6:13 pm

5 year difference get on great , very understanding and doesn't give me any grief , so life is good ,

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » August 28, 2012, 8:49 pm

I have been with my wife for 7 years and married 5...have a beautiful stepdaughter of almost 9 years.
Been living next to her family for 4 years and no problems from anyone.
Sorry, have had probs from my own family....but tough for them.

I am a very active 71 y.o. and she is a pretty 36 y.o.....just want life to continue forever :-" :-" ;)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 29, 2012, 1:30 am

The title of this thread is not backed up by the contents. It is more of a good news thread concerning western-Thai relationships, and might be re-named something along the lines of normal farang-Thai relationships +5 years. In any case, it is nice to read.

Mod note - Thread has been renamed! ;)
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Relationships”