How guys lose it all in Thailand

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
Paullovesoldfords
udonmap.com

Post by Paullovesoldfords » June 30, 2013, 1:50 am

Cheers plumbers! Time is a great healer. I'am a bit raw at the moment and what erks the most is it does'nt seem to bother the ex one bit that ive worked my self nearly to death for three years so she could get out of the bar scene. no sooner had we finished she's back there. Just feels like a complete piss take. But like they say "up to you?!"

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 30, 2013, 6:36 am

TGSA01 wrote:I am moving permanently to Udon Thani from Africa in December, and I am (was...) looking very much forward to living there. But after reading many of the posts on the udonmap forums, I get almost depressed and wonder whether I have made a huge mistake by moving to Thailand. Yes, every country has its problems and issues but so far, I have met mostly friendly and helpful Thais, and I appreciate that. It would be nice though if there were more positive comments about the country, as if all was as bad as stated by many, surely most people would want move to another country? Or are things really THAT bad in Isaan?
The truth is there is both good and bad in Thailand, the down side is the bad can be very bad and it is quite often hard to see it coming. My Thai wife of 6 years is the nicest person I have met in my life and the only Thai I have trusted and not been let down or ripped off by. The Issan people have developed the art of scamming us to a very high degree, it is almost a part of their culture. Some on this forum will not agree with me but my Thai wife does and she is from Issan so I believe she knows what is going on. The bottom line is that there is great people there and many to watch out for. It is like walking through a mine field, watch where you step.

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » June 30, 2013, 7:07 am

From my experiance:

Most of us Farangs have girlfirends or wifes who are "out of our league" if you could say, most are younger and prettier than a girl you would hope to have back in Farang land, This is great as long as you understand that and dont start kidding yourself that you are suddenly became some handsome guy.

How many times have you heard a thai lady saying " Thai man no good. thai man not take care ?" all the time so ask yourself this if they dont like thai man how come there is 60Million of them? they like their own kind, cultures , launguage, food etc, most relationships fail because of this, the farang not adapting to life in Thailand or Esarn.

Ok most women in the wrold want a bread winner in a man so its not just thai women but unless your are the super rich you wont have some 20somthing on your arm in farang land. So why here? are we getting used and sucked in?

I came here to live when i was 23, 13years ago, i was sucked in to it, i lost a fortune because i realised that money is and always will be number one here, nothing i gave was appriciated until its to late, Im a lot stronger now, i speak thai, i understand the cultures, im not bitter, i dont hate thais, i just try to out smart them when it comes to money, buying things, when the wife needs things, etc. But ive learned one main thing to " Not loose eveything in Thailand" you must obey this rule: Never invest or spend more than your willing to walk away from, now that could be 10% of one guys fortune or 90% of another guys fortune but stick to that rule and you wont loose your life here.

Many positives about living in Thailand, farangs are more accepted i feel in Easarn than other parts of the country but use the Big head when your parting with money and not the small head!!

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » June 30, 2013, 7:18 am

Just to add:

With a divorce and a new start in life im about 60/40 in my favour with my current wife, meaning house and truck in her name on credit, savings in my name, My goal will be 90/10 meaning when the house and truck are paid for she will have 10% of what im worth, Now that i can walk away from!!! not friggen 90%

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » June 30, 2013, 7:30 am

How did you manage to live in Thailand at 23 ?

I ask cause i also would like to live there but the relentless quest for a job that would allow me to do it is still to be found :(

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » June 30, 2013, 8:11 am

work offshore in Oil Industry

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 30, 2013, 8:51 am

jai yen yen wrote: by jai yen yen » June 30, 2013, 6:36 am

TGSA01 wrote:
I am moving permanently to Udon Thani from Africa in December, and I am (was...) looking very much forward to living there. But after reading many of the posts on the udonmap forums, I get almost depressed and wonder whether I have made a huge mistake by moving to Thailand. Yes, every country has its problems and issues but so far, I have met mostly friendly and helpful Thais, and I appreciate that. It would be nice though if there were more positive comments about the country, as if all was as bad as stated by many, surely most people would want move to another country? Or are things really THAT bad in Isaan?
The truth is there is both good and bad in Thailand, the down side is the bad can be very bad and it is quite often hard to see it coming. My Thai wife of 6 years is the nicest person I have met in my life and the only Thai I have trusted and not been let down or ripped off by. The Issan people have developed the art of scamming us to a very high degree, it is almost a part of their culture. Some on this forum will not agree with me but my Thai wife does and she is from Issan so I believe she knows what is going on. The bottom line is that there is great people there and many to watch out for. It is like walking through a mine field, watch where you step.
Jai yen yen, for how many years did you permanently live in Thailand, I don't mean two week or one month holidays but residing here?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 30, 2013, 10:50 am

coxo wrote:
jai yen yen wrote: by jai yen yen » June 30, 2013, 6:36 am

TGSA01 wrote:
I am moving permanently to Udon Thani from Africa in December, and I am (was...) looking very much forward to living there. But after reading many of the posts on the udonmap forums, I get almost depressed and wonder whether I have made a huge mistake by moving to Thailand. Yes, every country has its problems and issues but so far, I have met mostly friendly and helpful Thais, and I appreciate that. It would be nice though if there were more positive comments about the country, as if all was as bad as stated by many, surely most people would want move to another country? Or are things really THAT bad in Isaan?
Jai yen yen, for how many years did you permanently live in Thailand, I don't mean two week or one month holidays but residing here?
I have lived in Thailand for the last ten years about five months at a time. Primarily in Hua Hin but have spent a lot of time in Udon and Nong Khai more so in the last six years since my wife is from the Nong Khai and I sold our house in Hua Hin. Sorry if that does not qualify me to have an opinion in your opinion. :D

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 30, 2013, 10:55 pm

If you want to see or read the thai trust in Farangs married or not read Saboo's thread on UT.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 30, 2013, 11:13 pm

vlad wrote:If you want to see or read the thai trust in Farangs married or not read Saboo's thread on UT.

You do not need to do that. You can read many heartbreaking posts and threads about this subject on this forum without having to read about his matrimonial problems however enlightening they may be.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 1, 2013, 7:00 am

jai yen yen wrote: Sorry if that does not qualify me to have an opinion in your opinion.
Sound a bit paranoid there, where did you get that idea from?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 1, 2013, 7:41 am

vlad wrote:If you want to see or read the thai trust in Farangs married or not read Saboo's thread on UT.
He has had so many (self-confessed) wind-up threads in the past, I hesitate to believe this one. :-k

As with all such stories, we only get one side - the "offending" partner never gets to give their perspective.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 1, 2013, 8:54 am

coxo wrote:
jai yen yen wrote: Sorry if that does not qualify me to have an opinion in your opinion.
Sound a bit paranoid there, where did you get that idea from?
I could be considered paranoid if I was concerned which I am not, the reason I responded the way I did is some people on this site feel only a full time expat can possibly know what is going on in Thailand and your question seemed to resemble those thoughts. :D

Return to “Relationships”