Bar girl advice for stupid farang...

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: Bar girl advice for stupid farang...

Post by jai yen yen » February 6, 2018, 5:25 am

I would just like to say the best advice is to talk everything over well in advance so both parties know what to expect. Cultures are not the thing, it is what you both want and expect for each other. With no surprises down the road and being totally honest from the start you will have a much better chance for the relationship. I have had my share of failures in relationships as well so when I met my Thai wife I decided to put it all on the table right away, I clearly stated what I wanted and what I would do for her, she did the same. Ten years later on and we have both followed through with our promises to each other and could not be happier. Good luck.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 6, 2018, 7:25 am

This has been an interesting discussion on a topic that will eventually have to be faced by anyone contemplating marriage to a Thai lady, which most of us on here have had to face in the past. It is obvious by common agreement that most are opposed to what we see as buying a wife, but many have successfully overcome that hurdle in our own way and managed still to have a very happy relationship. There is no one answer we are all individuals, as are our prospectives, so it is something we cannot really give advise to others on . I would just like to say to SF that I am sorry for his disappointment this time but for the future be aware of the pitfalls, tread carefully but don't let it poison your mind against another relationship with a Thai lady, they can be, and often are, very loving partners as many of us know.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 6, 2018, 9:25 am

trubrit wrote:
February 6, 2018, 7:25 am
This has been an interesting discussion on a topic that will eventually have to be faced by anyone contemplating marriage to a Thai lady, which most of us on here have had to face in the past. It is obvious by common agreement that most are opposed to what we see as buying a wife, but many have successfully overcome that hurdle in our own way and managed still to have a very happy relationship. There is no one answer we are all individuals, as are our prospectives, so it is something we cannot really give advise to others on . I would just like to say to SF that I am sorry for his disappointment this time but for the future be aware of the pitfalls, tread carefully but don't let it poison your mind against another relationship with a Thai lady, they can be, and often are, very loving partners as many of us know.

There's also a lot of luck involved. I've been lucky.

jai yen yen also had some great advice, and it mirrors my own experience.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

StupidFarang
udonmap.com

Post by StupidFarang » February 6, 2018, 9:31 am

trubrit wrote:
I would just like to say to SF that I am sorry for his disappointment this time but for the future be aware of the pitfalls, tread carefully but don't let it poison your mind against another relationship with a Thai lady, they can be, and often are, very loving partners as many of us know.
Not bitter at all, 100% my own fault. I should have had this discussion long ago. I guess it's just so unusual and awkward for farang who is not familiar with thai culture to have to negotiate things like this, and especially early in a relationship. I never thought this would be a problem for us, hence the postponement of the issue. But as time went on and i continued reading forums like this I understood in the end that this was a real issue for many, and I had no other choice than to face it. If theres a next time I wont wait ;)

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 6, 2018, 10:08 am

StupidFarang wrote:
February 6, 2018, 9:31 am
trubrit wrote:
I would just like to say to SF that I am sorry for his disappointment this time but for the future be aware of the pitfalls, tread carefully but don't let it poison your mind against another relationship with a Thai lady, they can be, and often are, very loving partners as many of us know.
Not bitter at all, 100% my own fault. I should have had this discussion long ago. I guess it's just so unusual and awkward for farang who is not familiar with thai culture to have to negotiate things like this, and especially early in a relationship. I never thought this would be a problem for us, hence the postponement of the issue. But as time went on and i continued reading forums like this I understood in the end that this was a real issue for many, and I had no other choice than to face it. If theres a next time I wont wait ;)
Maybe time to change your forum moniker to " Not so Stupid Farang" aye?
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

StupidFarang
udonmap.com

Post by StupidFarang » February 6, 2018, 10:31 am

Still learning after all these years truebrit :lol:

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 6, 2018, 11:06 am

Hey all you stupid Farangs, wake up!!
StupidFarang is a AI enity who is gathering info from you.
Look at all of "it's" past posts. (Get it? It's = IT)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 8, 2018, 6:48 pm

skinner wrote:
January 26, 2017, 7:03 am
As the thread was started by somebody asking advice about whether or not to get involved with a bargirl , I think it needs to be pointed out that SOME of these women do not stop selling their bodies just because they get taken from the bar, even if the punter marries them .
Good God! Are all the ex-brasses in NBLP up for a bit of hide the sausage while their 'punter' is away in UT hiding his? If so, I'll need to pop over some time and check out the scene. As they say, a change is as good as a rest.

Or is it only some of them that you know of anecdotally over your many, happy years in LOS?

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 9, 2018, 8:37 am

tamada wrote:
February 8, 2018, 6:48 pm
skinner wrote:
As the thread was started by somebody asking advice about whether or not to get involved with a bargirl , I think it needs to be pointed out that SOME of these women do not stop selling their bodies just because they get taken from the bar, even if the punter marries them .
Good God! Are all the ex-brasses in NBLP up for a bit of hide the sausage while their 'punter' is away in UT hiding his? If so, I'll need to pop over some time and check out the scene. As they say, a change is as good as a rest.

Or is it only some of them that you know of anecdotally over your many, happy years in LOS?
Do you understand the word SOME ??
And after many years here i don't need to rely on anecdotes, ive seen it many times , as have others im sure. It is a sore subject for some, but the truth none the less.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 9, 2018, 6:53 pm

skinner wrote:
February 9, 2018, 8:37 am
tamada wrote:
February 8, 2018, 6:48 pm
skinner wrote:

Do you understand the word SOME ??
And after many years here i don't need to rely on anecdotes, ive seen it many times , as have others im sure. It is a sore subject for some, but the truth none the less.
In summary then, a few do it and you know some of those that do. Pretty much the same state of play in all western countries where a few are doing it on the side and some people know the ones who are. I like a bit of perspective rather than repeatedly buying the same, broad brushes on the 2-for-1 special at HomePro.

I caught the first Mrs tam being jerk by her tenant so that didn't end well. The second, current (and last) amazingly talented, stunningly beautiful and incredibly clever Mrs tam has been a Godsend. So here I am batting .500 which compared to my 4 closest foreign buddies of equivalent "water under the Thai bridge" experience, is above average. Only one of these guys is, like myself, on his second, incredibly happy rodeo whereas the other three guys have been happily, singularly married for an average of maybe +18 years? OK, one of them carked it while he was seriously getting into bed with his future ex-wife (he had way, way more issues than the average Thai bird) so he doesn't really count.

Return to “Relationships”